hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They’re clearly have more priority than anyone walking in and trying to book, but once it’s booked, they have to wait their turn. There was an occasion a couple of years ago when wanted priority over a university booking and were knocked back. It was during the time that Locke was the manager. When we build our full size indoor pitch it will ours whenever we need it.
    Don’t get me wrong, I’m not questioning the benefits of us owning our own facilities by any means, I just think that of all the things that there are to laugh at Hearts for, their use of HWU facilities isn’t really one of them

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    I’ve no idea what hold the Jambos have at their training facility now, but, at the risk of raking up old ground, I was always confused by their ‘cheating’ Herriot Watt University out of rental fees for Riccarton. Is it not the case that, as Herriot Watt is a publically funded institution, HOMFC was actually defrauding the Scottish taxpayer and not Herriot University. If that was the case, it astounds me that they were so readily welcomed back without any redress for their previous cheating and dishonesty.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    Don’t get me wrong, I’m not questioning the benefits of us owning our own facilities by any means, I just think that of all the things that there are to laugh at Hearts for, their use of HWU facilities isn’t really one of them
    How? A self proclaimed massive club and they don't even own their own training facilities?

Fantastic reason to laugh at their delusion of grandeur

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Hearts shopping in the equivilant of the reduced section of poundworld.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I’ve no idea what hold the Jambos have at their training facility now, but, at the risk of raking up old ground, I was always confused by their ‘cheating’ Herriot Watt University out of rental fees for Riccarton. Is it not the case that, as Herriot Watt is a publically funded institution, HOMFC was actually defrauding the Scottish taxpayer and not Herriot University. If that was the case, it astounds me that they were so readily welcomed back without any redress for their previous cheating and dishonesty.
    Heriott Watt Sports Village Ltd was a creditor, think they are a private company

Shareholder list in said company available?

I think you will find there was public money in there somewhere.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    The redress was a substantial increase in the annual rent.

As an aside did we ever get to the bottom of the SFA involvement in facilitating Hearts’ presence there?

Ryesloan

No we didn't. and the statement Hearts put out recently when the new stands went up at the Oriam only added suspicion to fancy footwork over the use of these facilities.

Can't remember the statement exactly but I am sure one of our techies can provide a link.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Heriott Watt Sports Village Ltd was a creditor, think they are a private company
    Pretty sure it was public funded, as in the UNI got its cash from the state.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent!
    Just had a jambo tell me he can’t wait until they sign “sir david gray”. Bizarre

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    Shareholder list in said company available?

I think you will find there was public money in there somewhere.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC204327

All shares in Heriot Watt Sports Village are owned by Heriot Watt University

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    I’m not talking about Hearts claiming anything.

Im saying that given there is a strong Hearts presence in certain sections of the Oriam that it can be suggested that their relationship goes beyond being just another passive customer that has to wait it’s turn.

I was being flippant.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    I was being flippant.
    When you're having a dig at the big team, vague links to everyone's favourite celebrity dolphin is sometimes not enough

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

I’ve tuna in to late

🤨 Oh carp! Cue the sea-life puns hijacking this thread just for the halibut. This site is turning into a real dive! I’m away for s lie down as I’m getting a reel haddock!

Quote Originally Posted by Wee Effen Bee View Post
    🤨 Oh carp! Cue the sea-life puns hijacking this thread just for the halibut. This site is turning into a real dive! I’m away for s lie down as I’m getting a reel haddock!
    Did you make all those bad puns on porpoise?
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC204327

All shares in Heriot Watt Sports Village are owned by Heriot Watt University
    Never forget how the yams stiffed publicly owned organisations, private businesses and charities alike. Heriot Watt should have told them to get stuffed after they went into administration.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

https://therangersreport.com/2018/04...ean-to-hearts/
    A bit of statistical analysis of the yams new superstar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heriot Watt (note the one r. It is not a vet school!) is not a public organisation. None of the Universities in Scotland are. It receives money from the Scottish Government for specific services but so do loads of private sector organisations. Around half funding comes from non-governmental sources.

It was certainly either Heriot-Watt or Oriam who were defrauded not the Scottish Taxpayer as the loss came off their budget and was not made good by Government.

They were obviously very lax in allowing the crooks to build up a debt before going bust.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    Hearts shopping in the equivilant of the reduced section of poundworld.
    Scrounging for change to buy reduced for sale Buckfast at a closing down off license whose owner is in prison pending trial for the most nefarious of crimes you can imagine.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    Heriot Watt (note the one r. It is not a vet school!) is not a public organisation. None of the Universities in Scotland are. It receives money from the Scottish Government for specific services but so do loads of private sector organisations. Around half funding comes from non-governmental sources.

It was certainly either Heriot-Watt or Oriam who were defrauded not the Scottish Taxpayer as the loss came off their budget and was not made good by Government.

They were obviously very lax in allowing the crooks to build up a debt before going bust.
    I think Heriot watt are a registered charity are they not?

Not that the Yams would ever think about doing charities out of money...

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    Never forget how the yams stiffed publicly owned organisations, private businesses and charities alike. Heriot Watt should have told them to get stuffed after they went into administration.
    If they had done that, who would have replaced them as clients? A commercial decision had to be made.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    I think Heriot watt are a registered charity are they not?

Not that the Yams would ever think about doing charities out of money...
    They are.

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    https://therangersreport.com/2018/04...ean-to-hearts/
    A bit of statistical analysis of the yams new superstar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Had a look at that and quite an good blog. Some other analysis reports the guy has done, interestingly on who is the brightest striking prospect in Scotland. Oli Shaw came out top.