hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The OP says they're due 2 at home (hearts and rangers in my example) - I didn't double check that though.
    I'll check again.

edit: 16 right enough.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I'll check again.
    Aberdeen by next Saturday will have played 16 at home/17 away

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Aberdeen by next Saturday will have played 16 at home/17 away
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    I'll check again.
    You're right.

Give Aberdeen Celtic at home, give Celtic hearts at home, and give hearts a shrug of the shoulders.

Sorted.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Exactly. Imagine the excitement of ending the season with ICT away then QOS at home.
    I think I'd be pretty excited about those games if we were chasing second. Which we are.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

My main concern, is I don’t want to have to buy tickets for 3 Catetgory A games, when it should be 2. That’s £30 out of my wallet, plus travel costs

@hibs.net private member
    My main concern, is I don’t want to have to buy tickets for 3 Catetgory A games, when it should be 2. That’s £30 out of my wallet, plus travel costs

That would be my point. The club may lose out but so may any season ticket holder and doubly so if they attend away games.

There were quite a few on here that were pointing out the possibility of this the day the fixtures were announced. Yes Killie and us may have been a wee surprise in the top 6 but surely anyone with half a brain would have made sure The Rangers were playing at least 2 away games against one of Hearts, Aberdeen or Celtic pre-split. If a toddler had worked out the fixtures they would have been able to do a better job, unless it was a crooked toddler of course.

What a pathetic shambles of a League the Scottish Premiership is.

Hibs face the prospect of trying to collect a European place while playing 18 matches at home and 20 away. Not to mention going to a hellhole like Ibrox three times in one season.

Apart from anything else, Hibs should have been seeded for a top six position. Were Rangers seeded to finish in the bottom six a year earlier and Hearts the year before?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    I reckon the clubs already know the potential fixtures and venues depending on what teams are in the top 6, so the fact that NL is now mentioning ipox for a third time makes me think its a cert
    More likely NL is trying to force the SPFL not to send us back there a 3rd time...thinks that's why he keeps mentioning it and rightly so

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Could you imagine the uproar if they did Such Split unfairly in engurland.. efinghell

@hibs.net private member
    The fixture seeding should be based on pre-split too 6 positions.... therefor the 5th and 6th placed teams get the short straw. This rings of the fair way to do it in my books.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    Whatever Hibs would net from a full house match v the Huns should be the compen paid - not by the SFA but by the Huns. Anyone know what this is i.e. ticket income, hospitality income shop sales etc less match/stadium costs.
    Why would you punish rangers for this shambles? There’s a lot to blame them for but this scenario isn’t their doing and they’ve been in the wrong side of it 2/3 times too.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Rangers have benefitted from playing the bigger sides twice each at home in the 1st 33 games, where as we have gone to Glasgow to play the Bigot Bros 4 times out of a potential 6.

What is wrong with playing Rangers, Celtic and Killie at Home with Aberdeen and Hearts away? That’s fair for us.

If it doesn’t work out for The Rangers, tough, they’ve benefitted pre split.

Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    Rangers have benefitted from playing the bigger sides twice each at home in the 1st 33 games, where as we have gone to Glasgow to play the Bigot Bros 4 times out of a potential 6.

What is wrong with playing Rangers, Celtic and Killie at Home with Aberdeen and Hearts away? That’s fair for us.

If it doesn’t work out for The Rangers, tough, they’ve benefitted pre split.
    So suit us by having 19/19 but rangers have 16/22? 😂 aye very good. I’m not jackpot a going back through there and still hopeful common sense prevails, especially as the side with nothing to play for were accommodated early in the season and made a lot of money by playing the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    So suit us by having 19/19 but rangers have 16/22? 😂 aye very good. I’m not jackpot a going back through there and still hopeful common sense prevails, especially as the side with nothing to play for were accommodated early in the season and made a lot of money by playing the rules.
    If that’s the way it works out then so be it...why should we have to go away to ibrox for a 3rd time?

Like ive said, they have benefitted by playing the current top 6 twice at home already. Why should they benefit further?

@hibs.net private member
    Good point. And we’d all miss out on a game from our season ticket.

If that’s the way it works out then so be it...why should we have to go away to ibrox for a 3rd time?

Like ive said, they have benefitted by playing the current top 6 twice at home already. Why should they benefit further?
    If you read my post I don’t agree we should have to go back through but you can’t make them play 16/22 split, that’s just ludicrous. I’m sure we’d be over the moon if it was us losing out on 50,000 fans or so, they’d be missing out on 150,000 fans through the door.

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    If you read my post I don’t agree we should have to go back through but you can’t make them play 16/22 split, that’s just ludicrous. I’m sure we’d be over the moon if it was us losing out on 50,000 fans or so, they’d be missing out on 150,000 fans through the door.
    Shame.

But my point still is that they have had bigger games at home more often than us pre split so they have benefitted. To then give them 2 home games, which they may be entitled too numbers wise but certainly not in the spirit of fairness against the current top 6, then they are further benefitting.

It’s not really their fault but it is not for us to be penalised to try and make amends.

Shame.

But my point still is that they have had bigger games at home more often than us pre split so they have benefitted. To then give them 2 home games, which they may be entitled too numbers wise but certainly not in the spirit of fairness against the current top 6, then they are further benefitting.

It’s not really their fault but it is not for us to be penalised to try and make amends.
    So you’d be happy to have 5 away games post split if we had played the rest at home? Best leave it there then.

As has been mentioned earlier, the sensible thing would have been to have 6th place after the split THIS SEASON as the lowest ranked, not the lowest ranked from LAST SEASON (us).

This would circumvent giving teams with European places to play for an unfair advantage over the others. Hopefully the SPFL see sense, but when have they ever before.

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    We'll still end the season with an even split of 19 home and 19 away though so there's no reason why should we be given the financial benefits of a 20th game. If the club made that argument the SFA/SPLFL (whoever is in charge) would rightly argue that it's not Rangers fault that we can't get 20k against Kilmarnock.

We will have had an extra home game before the split so having an extra away game after it isn't the problem, the problem is the competitive advantage that it would give Rangers if we have to play them at Ibrox again.
    Yes, the competitive edge is another advantage that Rangers will get from playing us at home - no one would disagree with that (surely.) But to say that the SFA could 'rightly' argue that because we can't fill our staduim against a lesser team that that isn't their problem is wrong. Every team benefits financially from the old firm visiting, removing one of these visits is quite simply unfair. The Old Firm are in a league of their own in this circumstance, it's not the same as removing a home tie to Kilmarnock or Dundee etc (I do realise you didn't say it was - using this point for argument's sake.)

Admittedly however, with the form we're on, another home game against Kilmarnock (or whoever) would probably still bring in an 18,000 crowd at ER at present, which I didn't consider. So financially the hit probably won't be that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Austinho View Post
    As has been mentioned earlier, the sensible thing would have been to have 6th place after the split THIS SEASON as the lowest ranked, not the lowest ranked from LAST SEASON (us).

This would circumvent giving teams with European places to play for an unfair advantage over the others. Hopefully the SPFL see sense, but when have they ever before.
    I haven't heard the rationale for using last season's places, but on the face of it, your suggestion seems logical.

It would also add significance to the post split games. For example, this season Hearts are happy to be in the top 6 and it doesn't really matter if they win their remaining games or not.

Under your system, there might be extra incentive.

So reading through this thread, looking like we will have to go to Ibrox for a 3rd time, but are we predicting we’ll get 2 or 3 at home post split?

So reading through this thread, looking like we will have to go to Ibrox for a 3rd time, but are we predicting we’ll get 2 or 3 at home post split?
    2 Billy. Celtic and Killie.

2 Billy. Celtic and Killie.
    That’s disappointing

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    The consensus on a thread on pie and Bovril a few weeks ago was that we'd likely still play rangers at home and someone else would get a third trip to Ibrox.

Can't remember the specifics, but I'm sure someone had worked out a set of fixtures where everyone still played an equal number of home and away games.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus52 View Post
    The consensus on a thread on pie and Bovril a few weeks ago was that we'd likely still play rangers at home and someone else would get a third trip to Ibrox.

Can't remember the specifics, but I'm sure someone had worked out a set of fixtures where everyone still played an equal number of home and away games.
    I'd like to see that.

So 3rd last home game of the season tonight then..

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus52 View Post

It’s impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    The fixture seeding should be based on pre-split too 6 positions.... therefor the 5th and 6th placed teams get the short straw. This rings of the fair way to do it in my books.
    Seeding is the issue in itself for me.

It's the fact we have a league that requires you to either accurately predict which half of the table each team will finish in or to get lucky in order to be able to achieve the basic requirements of having an equal number of home and away fixtures is properly mental.

We also appear to be potentially getting a four way kicking:
    - One fewer home match than we deserve
    - Play one of the competing teams three times away
    - That team being a direct rival in a neck and neck race
    - Losing the gate money for a pretty much nailed on full house at home