hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think the going is still soft-good to soft with more rain forecast. If it goes full soft or even soft-heavy in place I think the chances of a shock might jump up.

I usually do well in the National, in the last few years I've had Many Clouds, One for Arthur and Neptube Collonges win and Last Samarui, Rocky Creek and Teaforthree place.

Milansbar, Tiger Roll and Bai Des Iles will carry my money. 2 female jockeys in there so a bit of history if one wins.

:

Well done PB. I know absolutely zero about horse racing but followed your advice and i'm quids in.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Ucello Conti gave me a decent run for my money before falling. I can’t believe how close it was on the line though, in the replay a stride after the the line the other horse was half a length up. Fine margins in the racing game. You could see how gutted the jockey on the runner up was at the end.

United we stand here....

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    Quote Originally Posted by GlesgaeHibby View Post
    Solid afternoon. Backed Tiger roll at 12/1 ew and milansbar ew. About first time I've ever won money off the national.
    I was on the same, so after derby let me down in an acca, its a decent day.

I always keep an eye out for PBs words of wisdom and it makes a nice change to be taking some from the horses after (for me) the disaster that was Cheltenham

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The family chose horses based on their names and colours do I have to try and do something with their donkeys.

To win: Total recall, some Italian name.

Each way: Double Ross, Road to riches, pleasant company
    £20 profit with sky net paying out on six places.

Not sure if If I would’ve won more if pleasant company wasn’t pipped at the post.

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    £38 from a £2.50 e/w bet on Tiger Roll.

£13 up for the day after a losing coupon and another e/w bet on Seeyouatmidnight.
    PERSEVERE
    Verb: pə:ːsɪ'ˈvɪə/
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

Not sure if If I would’ve won more if pleasant company wasn’t pipped at the post.
    On Pleasant Company assuming a £1 each way bet and 1/4 odds and his SP of 25/1 you would have got £7.25 back for the place. If he had won you would have got £26 back for the win plus the £7.25 for the place.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Some bookies automatically pay out on best price so you could've got more than his finishing price if he'd won, along with the place and the original stake, but well done anyway, it's a horse I certainly couldn't have picked.

For anyone interested Saint Are is still being treated. He was injured crashing into another horse at The Chair and they suspect he has a similar injury to the one Balthazar King had at the Canal Turn a few years ago (broken ribs). The worry is there is spinal or internal damage so they are monitoring for now and plan to move to the equine hospital if it is safe to do so.

Pretty poor both the Express and Star ran with stories that jockeys had ridden past a ‘dead horse’ at Bechers when it was totally untrue. The screens were up for a jockey but even when they are up for a horse they are used to afford horse and vet some privacy and keep things as calm as possible, sometimes it’s bad news and other times, as in the case of the aforementioned Balthazar King, there is good news. They are giving Saint Are every chance and he’ll be receiving veterinary care that is second to none.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

On Pleasant Company assuming a £1 each way bet and 1/4 odds and his SP of 25/1 you would have got £7.25 back for the place. If he had won you would have got £26 back for the win plus the £7.25 for the place.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    Some bookies automatically pay out on best price so you could've got more than his finishing price if he'd won, along with the place and the original stake, but well done anyway, it's a horse I certainly couldn't have picked.
    Dammit.

Ach well, it’s still a profit. I can’t claim any credit as they were picked randomly by the other half and my ten year old son. 😁

Dammit.

Ach well, it’s still a profit. I can’t claim any credit as they were picked randomly by the other half and my ten year old son. 😁
    My 10 year old nephew managed to back the winner!

For anyone interested Saint Are is still being treated. He was injured crashing into another horse at The Chair and they suspect he has a similar injury to the one Balthazar King had at the Canal Turn a few years ago (broken ribs). The worry is there is spinal or internal damage so they are monitoring for now and plan to move to the equine hospital if it is safe to do so.

Pretty poor both the Express and Star ran with stories that jockeys had ridden past a ‘dead horse’ at Bechers when it was totally untrue. The screens were up for a jockey but even when they are up for a horse they are used to afford horse and vet some privacy and keep things as calm as possible, sometimes it’s bad news and other times, as in the case of the aforementioned Balthazar King, there is good news. They are giving Saint Are every chance and he’ll be receiving veterinary care that is second to none.
    Totally agree, well said.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Think the going is still soft-good to soft with more rain forecast. If it goes full soft or even soft-heavy in place I think the chances of a shock might jump up.

I usually do well in the National, in the last few years I've had Many Clouds, One for Arthur and Neptube Collonges win and Last Samarui, Rocky Creek and Teaforthree place.

Milansbar, Tiger Roll and Bai Des Iles will carry my money. 2 female jockeys in there so a bit of history if one wins.
    Cheers quality info. Did Tiger roll and milansbar ew so well up. Cheers.

Totally agree, well said.
    Some of the misinformation is mental. I'vd been blocked and had comments deleted from Animal Aid and Caged Nationwides Facebook pages for challenging them on the lies they are spreading. One of those pages is still maintaining Saint Are is dead despite his trainer confirming he is fine and expected to recover to enjoy a retirement.

They are all about free speech until you disagree with them.

Some of the misinformation is mental. I'vd been blocked and had comments deleted from Animal Aid and Caged Nationwides Facebook pages for challenging them on the lies they are spreading. One of those pages is still maintaining Saint Are is dead despite his trainer confirming he is fine and expected to recover to enjoy a retirement.

They are all about free speech until you disagree with them.
    Too true, sadly, and we all know how manipulative the media can be. Personally I always check the Sporting Life online before anywhere else for horse racing info, even though it's not as good as it used to be it's still pretty accurate. This is the article about Saint Are:

https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/...aintree/146319

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Seeing as the subject has been brought up, one horse died at Aintree on Thursday, Lilbitluso. You can decide for yourselves if it's worth it or not.

@hibs.net private member Liam89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    Seeing as the subject has been brought up, one horse died at Aintree on Thursday, Lilbitluso. You can decide for yourselves if it's worth it or not.
    I enjoy watching, and occasionally betting on the sport, but do have to fight with my conscience to justify whether it’s an acceptable spectacle or not. Seeing yesterday’s, and other similar big field races, I was grimacing as jockeys fell off, horses collided with each other and awkwardly fell over hurdles. I find myself putting it into the same bracket as eating meat nowadays. I know it’s not needed, I know it contributes to animal suffering but I selfishly enjoy it.

Just my two pence thoughts!

Now home and Tom George confirms he's been retired.

Tiger roll & Milansbar for me, although the weegie bookies in Benidorm only paying on the first 4 was a poor show. At least they got stiffed for the winner. 😎

On the subject of retirement I see that CueCard has now also been retired.

Glad to hear that even though I'd backed it again. Feared the worst when I saw the tent going up.