hibs.net Messageboard

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And the US, Britain and France said none were shot down i think.

Somebody is telling porkies...
    The only statement in this entire thread that I believe is 100% true.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McS****y View Post
    Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson is his full name IIRC...

Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    Ok, how about “damn near total media backing in terms of general mass consumption and circulation”.

But you knew what I meant I’m sure.

Like I said, I/we have been mislead in the past. Scepticism and fact checking should be part of everyone’s thought process.

J

To be fair, it’s a little bit hypocritical to complain about being misled, whilst making a comment like “total media backing”, then later qualifying it and saying you expected people to know what you meant.

You seem a bit annoyed that someone was skeptical and fact checked what you said.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    To be fair, it’s a little bit hypocritical to complain about being misled, whilst making a comment like “total media backing”, then later qualifying it and saying you expected people to know what you meant.

You seem a bit annoyed that someone was skeptical and fact checked what you said.
    I’m a bit lost. Not annoyed. Just think my point is being missed and the focus on the word “total”.

Do we believe there is a fair and balanced media present?

I don’t. The decision to bomb Syria was made with much backing by the mainstream media. Yes there were a few dissenters, but your Average Joe on the street wouldn’t know that.

J

Quote Originally Posted by McS****y View Post
    Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson is his full name IIRC...
    “Boris” sounds loveable and charming. “De Pfeffel” sounds like the self-serving upper class **** that he actually is. I

@hibs.net private member
    Oddly Syria (aka Russia) have so far denied access to Douma for the OPCW.

And in other news an investigative journalist in Russia has ‘accidentally’ fallen 5 floors outside his home and died. Curious that such an accident should befall someone who has been shedding light on Russia’s mercenaries in Syria. Still he probably expected nothing less than to have some sort of accident considering what happened to those that attempted to cover human rights abuses in Chechnya.

Still as there will no doubt never be any incontrovertible proof that he didn’t accidentally throw himself down 5 flights then I suppose we should all just relax and not hold Putin or his deadly autocratic regime responsible or dare cast such aspersions.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post

And in other news an investigative journalist in Russia has ‘accidentally’ fallen 5 floors outside his home and died. Curious that such an accident should befall someone who has been shedding light on Russia’s mercenaries in Syria. Still he probably expected nothing less than to have some sort of accident considering what happened to those that attempted to cover human rights abuses in Chechnya.

Still as there will no doubt never be any incontrovertible proof that he didn’t accidentally throw himself down 5 flights then I suppose we should all just relax and not hold Putin or his deadly autocratic regime responsible or dare cast such aspersions.
    But, boris is just as bad because, you know, hes a tory...

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post

My money is on MI6 operatives in Russia. They'll have done it to make Russia look bad.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    My money is on MI6 operatives in Russia. They'll have done it to make Russia look bad.
    And its completely normal for the suspect to get access to the crime scene and lock it down for a few days befoe the investigators can get in. And also to insist that said investigators are not allowed to aportion blame

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    I’ve read that story twice now and still can’t quite understand it.

The doctor was at home but wasn’t at home as he witnessed the video moment but not anything else as he was at home and all the doctors that could bear witness to the attack were in Damascus?

One thing is clear though it sounds like a bloody hell hole of epic proportions...stuck between rebel fighters and Assad’s Russian backed forces and all the while getting shelled or attacked or abused by one side or the other.

I’m a bit lost. Not annoyed. Just think my point is being missed and the focus on the word “total”.

Do we believe there is a fair and balanced media present?

I don’t. The decision to bomb Syria was made with much backing by the mainstream media. Yes there were a few dissenters, but your Average Joe on the street wouldn’t know that.

J

The word ‘total’ is quite explicit.

No one disagreed with you as to whether there was a full and clear explanation of the situation, however you specifically chose to say ‘total media’, which you’ve now backtracked on, as it’s hyperbole and not based in fact.

Your point hasnt been missed (as far as I’m concerned anyway), But equally it is a touch rich to criticise unfair and unbalanced media coverage whilst making misleading comments.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    The word ‘total’ is quite explicit.

No one disagreed with you as to whether there was a full and clear explanation of the situation, however you specifically chose to say ‘total media’, which you’ve now backtracked on, as it’s hyperbole and not based in fact.

Your point hasnt been missed (as far as I’m concerned anyway), But equally it is a touch rich to criticise unfair and unbalanced media coverage whilst making misleading comments.
    Dude, I’m a guy on a message board.

Circulation on this thread of 50, tops?

J

Dude, I’m a guy on a message board.

Circulation on this thread of 50, tops?

J

All good mate, wasn’t trying to argue with you