hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dylan

Dylan

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aberdeen-priced-out-dylan-mcgeouch-12334586

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    No quotes from anyone means it's most likely the usual DR nonsense.

@hibs.net private member GordonHFC's Avatar
    I did hear he was wanted by Blackburn Rovers but a deal depended on their promotion.

I had heard we'd offered him £5K pw, if that's not enough to keep him here then lets move on and get someone in who actually wants to be here, I get really fed up with players pissing us about at times re new contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I had heard we'd offered him £5K pw, if that's not enough to keep him here then lets move on and get someone in who actually wants to be here, I get really fed up with players pissing us about at times re new contracts.
    Nobody is pissing anybody about. How about we let him concentrate on doing his best for the club for the rest of the season. The contract will look after itself at season end, and will depend much more on other personnel than his weekly wage.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    But maybe not jump to conclusions either. This is how people end up on Dylan's back when this might not be true.

The last time I heard anything official on the subject was Neil Lennon at the AGM saying there was only a tentative spoken offer. He was also implying he was concerned that Dylan was only on form and staying fit this year as a result of needing a contract - that sounds like Hibs were pissing about with Dylan, not the other way around.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    But maybe not jump to conclusions either. This is how people end up on Dylan's back when this might not be true.

The last time I heard anything official on the subject was Neil Lennon at the AGM saying there was only a tentative spoken offer. He was also implying he was concerned that Dylan was only on form and staying fit this year as a result of needing a contract - that sounds like Hibs were pissing about with Dylan, not the other way around.
    That’s hardly pissing about seeing as he hadn’t been fit for so long.

I’d be waiting to find out what offers come in if i was him. I still have a feeling he will stay though.

All utter lies. Some great quotes there as well... oh wait 🤔

Unfortunately I think we’ll see Dylan in a maroon strip next year, performing with tremendous aplomb against us in Edinburgh derbies. Like the rest of us, I think he has had his head turned by the class, poise, elegance, dignity and radiant beauty of a woman we’ve all been taken by since her spectacular emergence onto the main stage of Scottish football. Ladies and gentlemen, our loss is the gain of one truly magnificent woman, and I give you the Queen of Hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    All utter lies. Some great quotes there as well... oh wait 🤔
    You mentioned you had heard something re mcgeouch. What chance to do think we have of keeping him?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Marvin View Post
    You mentioned you had heard something re mcgeouch. What chance to do think we have of keeping him?
    None. Dylan has had tremendous injury problems and like any pro in such circumstances wants to extend his career. Only the healing hands of the magical Queen of Hearts on his troubled groin area can do this.

@hibs.net private member
    The article may be rubbish but I have to say I'm not expecting him to be here next season. Fingers crossed though we can get something worked out

Players are entitled to get the best deal they can for themselves, both financially and professionally. If DM can command more money at a perceived higher level then he's within his rights to consider that. That's not pissing anyone about, it's looking after himself.

Too often things are looked at through a fans eyes; the 'I'd play for Hibs for 20p a month and never, ever consider Celtic or Rangers and their bumper contracts' train of thought. Many players want new challenges and they want to be paid handsomely for doing so. Every single person wants the best deal for them and their family when it comes to their employment and footballers are no different.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by dar View Post
    https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aberdeen-priced-out-dylan-mcgeouch-12334586
    The link doesn’t work (thankfully) 😁

@hibs.net private member
    Due to Dylan's injury record I wouldn’t necessarily blame him for looking for a payday as his career may not be as long as others in the game. If he can command a decent wage from a EFL club for a few years it would completely blow most Scottish teams out of the water, and potentially set him up for his post football life.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I haven't read it but I'll take anything that rag prints with a ton or two of salt.

Classic attempted head turning from weegie papers.

I blame the fans here. Far too many times this season Dylan has been carrying McGinn in midfield only to listen to the Super John song being pumped out for ninety minutes.

I personally think he will go to a club where he is appreciated more. 😏
    Last edited by RIP; 10-04-2018 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    I blame the fans here. Far too many times this season Dylan has been carrying McGinn in midfield only to listen to the Super John song being pumped out for ninety minutes.

So by that logic can we expect McGinn to stay?

As has been quoted on here, Dylan's decision will be around opportunities and cash. Not about fans singing about him.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    So by that logic can we expect McGinn to stay?

As has been quoted on here, Dylan's decision will be around opportunities and cash. Not about fans singing about him.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalianwanda View Post
    That’s hardly pissing about seeing as he hadn’t been fit for so long.

I’d be waiting to find out what offers come in if i was him. I still have a feeling he will stay though.
    He had injuries and we knew that when taking him on. Suggestions that he was only not injured this year in the persuit of a new contract wouldn't leave me all that happy either.

That's the bit that I'm calling out as Hibs wrong doing. I think we waited to long, and perhaps have now missed our chance.
    Mon the Hibs.

Personally I blame the fans here. Far too many times this season Dylan has been carrying McGinn in midfield only to listen to the Super John song being pumped out for ninety minutes.

I personally think he will go to a club where he is appreciated more.
    Aye that will be the deciding factor.

LoL you've certainly caught a couple with that one.

We've got Dylan
    McGeough, Dylan
    I just don't think you understand
    He's Alan Stubbs' man
    He's better than Zidane
    We've got McGeough, Dylan

See...no excuses, it works.

Just trying to unsettle people, just like they did for the huns on Mcinnes

Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    LoL you've certainly caught a couple with that one.
    Have I just been 'wooooshed'?

Left by mutual consent!
    The big players the difference between 150k and 175k pw is a lot but a player may stay at a club on 150k if going to play every week.

The difference at our end in say 3k pw or 4k pw makes a massive difference to their financial future. I have no issue in him taking time.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    He had injuries and we knew that when taking him on. Suggestions that he was only not injured this year in the persuit of a new contract wouldn't leave me all that happy either.

That's the bit that I'm calling out as Hibs wrong doing. I think we waited to long, and perhaps have now missed our chance.
    Did Lennon not tell him in the summer that he was free to go because of his injuries? That wouldn’t sit well with me if I was him either.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Did Lennon not tell him in the summer that he was free to go because of his injuries? That wouldn’t sit well with me if I was him either.
    I think we had some unsubstantiated rumours posted on here to that effect. Not sure that this was ever directly attributable to anyone at Hibs though.

A risky punt for Hibs to offer a long term contract. However, that cuts both ways. If Dylan were to suffer a recurrence of the injury then his suitors will diminish considerably.

I would love him to stay, but I also trust that Lennon has the savvy to replace him and I'm sure he'll already be well prepared whatver the outcome.

That is definately a good point, whether or not he is bothered by it or not he does deserve to hear how appreciated he is by the fans in the form of a wee ditty

He will be off down south. Surely if he wanted to stay he would have signed a new contract by now