hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Season tickets

@hibs.net private member
    Would there be merit in making the whole of the South Stand for Home fans, and segregate about 1/3 of the main stand for away fans, adjusting allocation depending on game?

Apart from giving the Jambos the full stand just so we get the same back, what would be the pros and cons?

2. Log in to remove the advert

700 new season tickets holders already is incredible.

15000 is a genuine possibility

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The £25 kids tickets are being abused by some fans, costing the club money over the season just so they can upgrade the ticket to see 6 games a season. Personally I think the FF should stay as a family stand but the £25 ticket should eithet be non-upgradeable or sold as a Cat B ticket only or moved to the South Stand.
    The flip side to that though is that it might just encourage people to take kids along to games they wouldn’t normally do and that’s how you go about getting the next generation involved.

I’ve got my son a season ticket in the west upper but I don’t take him every game, if I never got him a season ticket he wouldn’t have been to many games, none actually apart from the league cup games as there’s no seats beside me in the West. When I got him the season ticket I thought he’d maybe get to 4 games in the season but it’s probably closer to 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Brummie_Hibs View Post
    Would there be merit in making the whole of the South Stand for Home fans, and segregate about 1/3 of the main stand for away fans, adjusting allocation depending on game?

Apart from giving the Jambos the full stand just so we get the same back, what would be the pros and cons?
    I wouldn't have thought so, given the hassle the club are having at giving section 50 15 months notice of a potential move...

We need to be selling out Easter Road on a regular basis and not just one or two seasons before we can even imagine the corners being filled in.

I miss the Bobby Williamson days when you could get a whole row to yourself and you didn't have to queue for a pee or chips.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    I miss the Bobby Williamson days when you could get a whole row to yourself and you didn't have to queue for a pee or chips.
    They will need install more toilets if this continues, that and we will need more pubs on Easter Road to accommodate all the new regulars.... it’s been standing room only in a fair few boozers the past few years.

Also need Hibs to look at better exits for the east.... or at least force those who leave early to actually exit!! Sick of waiting for 20 mins to get out after a match all cos one or two fans decide to leave on 85 mins then block the exits!!!

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    They will need install more toilets if this continues, that and we will need more pubs on Easter Road to accommodate all the new regulars.... it’s been standing room only in a fair few boozers the past few years.

Also need Hibs to look at better exits for the east.... or at least force those who leave early to actually exit!! Sick of waiting for 20 mins to get out after a match all cos one or two fans decide to leave on 85 mins then block the exits!!!
    People leaving early to then block the exit for 20 mins?

As for the £25 kid tickets, do you not need to buy an adult ticket at the same time? You couldn't just buy one yourself (as an adult), never use it and upgrade it for the big games?
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    People leaving early to then block the exit for 20 mins?

As for the £25 kid tickets, do you not need to buy an adult ticket at the same time? You couldn't just buy one yourself (as an adult), never use it and upgrade it for the big games?
    You obviously don't sit in the East....? Folk leave with 5 mins to go and then wait at the bottom of the stairs watching those last 5 mins, blocking all those behind who are perhaps genuinely trying to leave, this has a knock on effect for the whole stand in each exit when the final whistle goes. It genuinely takes around 15/20 mins to get out of the stadium when we sit up in row CC.

As I've said before, the club needs to look at adding exits from the top of each stairway.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This armageddon is a real bugger.
    Aye, I'm fair spiraling in a never ending torment of hellish oblivion here.

couple of recent posts re-exits are quite valid points. If you are leaving, bloody well leave. don't bugger around at the bottom, or at least find a spare seat doon there. don't know what can be done though to make exits easier.

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    couple of recent posts re-exits are quite valid points. If you are leaving, bloody well leave. don't bugger around at the bottom, or at least find a spare seat doon there. don't know what can be done though to make exits easier.
    Surely the stewards should move these people on?

You obviously don't sit in the East....? Folk leave with 5 mins to go and then wait at the bottom of the stairs watching those last 5 mins, blocking all those behind who are perhaps genuinely trying to leave, this has a knock on effect for the whole stand in each exit when the final whistle goes. It genuinely takes around 15/20 mins to get out of the stadium when we sit up in row CC.
    I do. People leave early, but there is still an easy and flowing stream of people exiting (I often leave a bit early and end up in the concourse for the final whistle). The issue is the lack of exits, much more than people who hang about. People leaving early tend to have a reason for leaving their seat and dash off down the vomitory quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by RoxburghHibs View Post
    Surely the stewards should move these people on?
    If you went there during the game they would/should. But by the last 5 mins they stand pitch side and can't.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member
    I do. People leave early, but there is still an easy and flowing stream of people exiting (I often leave a bit early and end up in the concourse for the final whistle). The issue is the lack of exits, much more than people who hang about. People leaving early tend to have a reason for leaving their seat and dash off down the vomitory quickly
    At risk of sounding harsh, which I honestly am not trying to do... you are actually part of the problem, which could be why you don’t see it as a problem.

Back in the day my dad used to always get us out early to avoid the flow of people after the game and perhaps beat some traffic, we never loitered watching the last 5 mins in the concourse or exit.

Stewards should be on hand to keep the people flowing out of the stadium, all it take is one small group of people standing at the bottom of the stairs to keep others who genuinely are LEAVING stuck on the stairs.

I’ve always said I dread to think what would happen in the event of a fire but realistically folk wouldn’t loiter to watch the place burn down and a steady flow would be achieved. On this point I still dread the potential panic and perhaps dangerous crush to leave in such a case.

Before even thinking of filling the corners I would hope Hibs are considering at least 3 Upper exits that could be built to the rear of the East, either internally or externally, one at either end and one centrally.... thus easing exits.

Those in the first half of the East (from front to back) maybe don’t experience the delay as such and don’t appreciate the frustration the rest of us put up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Greens View Post
    I wouldn't have thought so, given the hassle the club are having at giving section 50 15 months notice of a potential move...
    Might be easier, since this is a proposed straight swap with the away fans at the South Stand, so there would be plenty of good seats for the displaced ST holders to go to.,

At risk of sounding harsh, which I honestly am not trying to do... you are actually part of the problem, which could be why you don’t see it as a problem.

Back in the day my dad used to always get us out early to avoid the flow of people after the game and perhaps beat some traffic, we never loitered watching the last 5 mins in the concourse or exit.

Stewards should be on hand to keep the people flowing out of the stadium, all it take is one small group of people standing at the bottom of the stairs to keep others who genuinely are LEAVING stuck on the stairs.

I’ve always said I dread to think what would happen in the event of a fire but realistically folk wouldn’t loiter to watch the place burn down and a steady flow would be achieved. On this point I still dread the potential panic and perhaps dangerous crush to leave in such a case.

Before even thinking of filling the corners I would hope Hibs are considering at least 3 Upper exits that could be built to the rear of the East, either internally or externally, one at either end and one centrally.... thus easing exits.

Those in the first half of the East (from front to back) maybe don’t experience the delay as such and don’t appreciate the frustration the rest of us put up with.
    I often leave about 90+1, walk past the people at the exits and I'm usually walking through the concourse by the full time whistle. The people watching the game by the exit usually turn and exit as quickly as possible. This is why I think it's an issue with the number of exits rather than people.
    When I do stay until the end it's a pain to get out, I'm not as far back as you so can imagine it being worse but I don't know how much worse.

I agree about back exits - I wonder how feasible that is to add now.
    Mon the Hibs.

The £25 kids tickets are being abused by some fans, costing the club money over the season just so they can upgrade the ticket to see 6 games a season. Personally I think the FF should stay as a family stand but the £25 ticket should eithet be non-upgradeable or sold as a Cat B ticket only or moved to the South Stand.
    People are really doing that to save £2 a ticket? I find that unlikely when they know there's seats available in the stadium elsewhere.

Unless of course you have some form of evidence to back this up?

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    People are really doing that to save £2 a ticket? I find that unlikely when they know there's seats available in the stadium elsewhere.

Maybe I'm reading him wrong, but I think what he's saying is that some people have bought a child ST next to them so they can upgrade it for their mates for a handful of big fixtures - it's *costing* a small amount of money (I'm guessing upgrading a child ST to a one-off adult isn't actually a discount) in exchange for a reserved seat that spends most of the season empty (depriving fans of a seat and Hibs of some revenue), but guarantees someone a chance to go to a handful of fixtures where tickets might be relatively scarce and where they wouldn't be sat next to a mate of theirs.

The number/width of the 'vomitories'(let's just call them exits) in the East are inadequate for the number of seats.

The other stands have roughly one exit per 400 seats, but in the East it's roughly 800, despite the exits being no wider

Sorry, but that's just bad design.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    The number/width of the 'vomitories'(let's just call them exits) in the East are inadequate for the number of seats.

The other stands have roughly one exit per 400 seats, but in the East it's roughly 800, despite the exits being no wider

Sorry, but that's just bad design.
    I agree with that. If there was ever a serious problem then things could go very wrong.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    I wonder how close we are to cutting the Old Firms allocation? With the way sales are going it should be inevitable IMO
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    I do. People leave early, but there is still an easy and flowing stream of people exiting (I often leave a bit early and end up in the concourse for the final whistle). The issue is the lack of exits, much more than people who hang about. People leaving early tend to have a reason for leaving their seat and dash off down the vomitory quickly.
    I sit in the East near seat 69 which is end of row, I'm not sure of the exit number but I can assure you that when folk leave their seat early but congregate at this exit there is no easy flow or stream of people exiting. This may be in part because there is an ambulant concourse for those in wheelchairs & mobility aids there.
    When there is a televised game on there are usually people still trying to leave when from the back of the East when the camera turns to the media box after the advert break at the end of the game.
    As has been said earlier, there are no stewards on hand to move people on as they are pitch side.
    At the last home game a scuffle broke out when folk were leaving, for why I don't know and at the last home game against Celtic where we drew someone behind me asked those standing on the stairs to worker find a seat or leave, this was met with a challenge to step outside,,,,

Just how many can we sell? If we were to sell out all the green seats in the 3 home stands (everything bar the central section of the west upper) That would give us 15,200. Then say the first 2 sections in the south lower as Cat begins season's would put us just over 16,000.

Thats maybe pushing it too far but 16K would be a real statement.

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post

I've always thought that if there is any abuse of the £25 tickets it has been so as to be able to guarantee first dibs on a Cup Final ticket if the need arises - an insurance policy effectively. Pure speculation on my part though.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    I've always thought that if there is any abuse of the £25 tickets it has been so as to be able to guarantee first dibs on a Cup Final ticket if the need arises - an insurance policy effectively. Pure speculation on my part though.
    I’m aware of a family from the South Coast, who have season tickets in this area, for this very reason

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Anyone done a season ticket dot count recently? There really can't be that many left - will be interesting to see if much becomes available after 1 June.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    You can only buy a £25 child under 12 ST with an adult one . 6 x £28 would cost £168 .
    £25 plus 6 x £22 ( cost to upgrade) =£157 . Saving a measly £11 ,, nah .
    Imo like myself , I dont take 3 of my ST kids to night games as they are too young with School next day . The winter games are too cold for the same 3 , so it’s just me and the oldest that goes every game . But all 5 go when it’s warmer weather.
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

I like this idea.

There are no pros and the cons make it unworkable.

The West isn't designed for segregation whereas the South is. Sections 10,11 and 12 have a common access and I suspect it will be the same for sections 1 to 4 below. Given that the police wouldn't allow us to be above away fans, or vice versa, you'd be losing all seven sections. Most of the seats there are already occupied by season ticket holders who would need to be moved out but may not want to sit in the South. Look at the complaints from those moved to accommodate the singing section, those being displaced from section 50 and those in the Famous Five Lower who no longer have children as part of their group.

You'd also have the problem of moving the Hibs fans from the South twice a season to accommodate the Hearts fans. Again, most of those would be season ticket holders.

The South is the correct place for the away fans and can be split as required.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.