hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If he was 'knifed and killed' as an innocent victim in some random street killing then empathy would not be in short supply. However, this is a guy who thought it OK to break into the home of an elderly couple in the middle of the night and ended up dead. To then pay tribute to him by creating a 'shrine' outside the home of the couple he tried to rob (and who have since been compelled to move out for their own safety) leaves little room for any sympathy whatsoever. If the guy was a member of the travelling community then some flowers at wherever the community was camped would have been the way to show their respect.
    Yeah Iím not disputing any of that really...just raising the fact the no matter how much of a low life the boy was or where the tributes have been placed someone has still lost their Dad.

I donít have any sympathy for him and I know nothing about his family, apart but from he snippets on here, but on a human level I do feel empathy for his children having to read the press stories and seeing people call their own dad Ďs*umí and what not, even if it is all true.

Ach itís not a big point and Iím probably just being a wet liberal or something so Iíll leave it there

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    I would say, given the circumstances, 'inappropriate' might have been a better choice of word.
    That said, maybe if I lived on their street (from the comments of the locals) 'provocative' might not seem as far away as it appears up here.
    Given the emotional sensitivity on both sides, common sense says any floral tribute would be better placed elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Maybe I'm just cynical but that's how I would take it. It seems a bit like a 'we know where you live'. If I was a pensioner of almost 80, I'm not sure how safe I'd feel at home now tbh.
    Iím wondering if weíre simply seeing how a certain culture deals with grief and it isnít to everyoneís liking.

Iím no expert on the travelling community from which heís from but in the main they arenít afraid to be themselves regardless of the consequences.

The worrying thing is that some of them have the same attitude when it comes to honour, revenge and violence.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    If he was 'knifed and killed' as an innocent victim in some random street killing then empathy would not be in short supply. However, this is a guy who thought it OK to break into the home of an elderly couple in the middle of the night and ended up dead. To then pay tribute to him by creating a 'shrine' outside the home of the couple he tried to rob (and who have since been compelled to move out for their own safety) leaves little room for any sympathy whatsoever. If the guy was a member of the travelling community then some flowers at wherever the community was camped would have been the way to show their respect.
    Or just get pissed with a massive wake.