hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Marciano

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've not read this entire thread, I don't like slagging our own players but what I will say is that the defence in general looks more comfortable with Cammy Bell in goals.

which your basing on what? 2 games?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    which your basing on what? 2 games?
    Yip.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    No, technically he wasn't.

But his form hadn't been great prior to that meaning that an International goalkeeper, a marquee signing wasn't rushed back in to replace a free transfer signing from Raith Rovers who was only ever really signed to be a steady back-up.

Not technically dropped, but you know what I mean.

Rocky has been generally superb since then, in spite of the odd blip, so it was correct that he was brought straight back into the side to replace Bell, even if Bell wasn't injured.

But in my opinion his mistake last night as well as his consistently dodgy kicking mean that Lennon should be thinking about this position - especially with Bell having been solid in Rocky's absence.
    Don’t you think it was more to do with the fact Laidlaw had a few chances and was superb in all those games? Not just solid but genuinely played very well so deserved to stay in.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Bang on BH, the weather tonight didn’t help him he’s prob just thought routine save when really he should take into account how wet it was. Other than that though Rocky has been superb this season and when he does leave us we’ll be looking back thinking what a keeper we had!
    Agree totally he has been great for us however back to back mistakes one of which cost us a comfortable win imo is worrying when margins are tight. Can't afford many more if hoping to get 2nd or 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    Don’t you think it was more to do with the fact Laidlaw had a few chances and was superb in all those games? Not just solid but genuinely played very well so deserved to stay in.
    Yes, it was a bit to do with that.

But Rocky hadn't done anything to suggest he should be rushed back in ahead of Laidlaw. Rocky didn't start the season that strongly - I thought it was good management from Lennon to show him not to take his place for granted, and Rocky's form for the next few months was excellent.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Just seen Neil Lennons post match interview in which he says he is happy with Rocky and doesn’t have a problem with him.
    That is good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    If you prefer Oxley over Rocky it's probably time to pull the power lead out the back of your laptop.
    That's not what I said.

I said I quite liked Oxley - he certainly should not be the yardstick of crapness that Hibs goalkeepers are measured against. He was a solid keeper, and didn't make many mistakes.

I do like Rocky, but I'm surprised at the level of support he seems to be getting. He's good, a lot better than many we've had in the past, but he's far from perfect, and tbh I'm not totally convinced by him. He didn't do much right last night, and on another night that might have cost us.

Rocky is a good keeper but i don't feel comfortable all the time. My worry is if the mistakes continue (and there's been a few) the defence might get flustered.

We usually get away with it against bottom 6 sides but we won't against the Ugly Sisters and Hear..... Aberdeen.

He can be extremely good so if he wasn't prone to the odd error he would be playing at a much, much higher level so i guess its a double edged sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    First one was McGeouchs fault he left the wall. Clearly you don’t like the guy. Maybe you could post the saves he’s made that saved us? Including one that is fav to win save of the season.
    Just seen the highlights. Here's a wee grenade. When we lost possession ahead of their sweep up the park, McGeouch was 3 or 4m away. McGinn in that same position would have put in a wee burst, been right on the Well boy and maybe even won the ball back to keep us on the attack. McGeouch just lets him go and is soon 20m adrift as he jogs along letting the Well boy run with the ball for 50m. I know this is a thread on Marciano but just saying. Not excusing Rocky, it was a howler, but I agree with many others that his pros have outweighed the cons this season. And before anyone bites back on the blue-eyed boy, same goes for McGeouch. I just wish he would react quicker and work harder tracking back sometimes.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Christie Scottish Cup SF free kick
    Morelos near post howler December 2017
    Aberdeen second goal pittodrie
    St Johnstone sending off
    Hamilton dropped the ball at strikers feet

The list is growing longer

Football is all about opinions but still no convinced
    And also in that time as per Neil Lennon in the Sun/record whichever it was, he has also won us 10/12 points this season.

Fantastic reaction save against Dundee at er
    Double save against rangers at Ibrox
    Mitchell shot at Tynecastle

Are the ones off the top of my head I can remember.

Total hysteria in here when it comes to goalkeepers now.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    And also in that time as per Neil Lennon in the Sun/record whichever it was, he has also won us 10/12 points this season.

Fantastic reaction save against Dundee at er
    Double save against rangers at Ibrox
    Mitchell shot at Tynecastle

Are the ones off the top of my head I can remember.

Total hysteria in here when it comes to goalkeepers now.
    Time will tell. Jury still out.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    Just seen the highlights. Here's a wee grenade. When we lost possession ahead of their sweep up the park, McGeouch was 3 or 4m away. McGinn in that same position would have put in a wee burst, been right on the Well boy and maybe even won the ball back to keep us on the attack. McGeouch just lets him go and is soon 20m adrift as he jogs along letting the Well boy run with the ball for 50m. I know this is a thread on Marciano but just saying. Not excusing Rocky, it was a howler, but I agree with many others that his pros have outweighed the cons this season. And before anyone bites back on the blue-eyed boy, same goes for McGeouch. I just wish he would react quicker and work harder tracking back sometimes.
    Ambrose was even worse. He had left the scorer at the point the ball was about to be crossed. McGeough often leaves runners and it has contributed to us losing a number of goals this season. Saying all that it was a bread and butter cross for a goalie and he made a complete hash of it. He looked nervous last night probably because he cost us two points in the last fixtures. His mistake never cost us last night so hopefully he is back to gaining us points on Saturday.

Who is "the Well boy"? Hibs were playing Hamilton Accies last night.

@hibs.net private member
    He is was doing really well up until the St Johnstone game with debate raging on here about whether he was the best keeper in the league or not.

I'm a big fan of his but he does need to cut out the mistakes. Some of the saves he's produced this season alone have been incredible so I think we need to take a balanced view.

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    Neil Lennon is the jury 😂 and he thinks Marciano has saved us 10/12 points!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Leith View Post
    He also called him unprofessional for the Morelos blunder, was fuming at him in Perth and dropped him at the beginning of the season. Just posting this for the balance I think the criticism is ott partially because of the previous clowns we’ve had in goals.

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    Who is "the Well boy"? Hibs were playing Hamilton Accies last night.
    C Nile on the team sheet!

C Nile on the team sheet!

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    Actually it might have been D Mensha, him that came on early. Can't tell them apart.

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauzee16 View Post
    He also called him unprofessional for the Morelos blunder, was fuming at him in Perth and dropped him at the beginning of the season. Just posting this for the balance I think the criticism is ott partially because of the previous clowns we’ve had in goals.
    He's not perfect and will cost us goals. He'll also save us goals. Lennon continues to pick him and at this level he'll gain us more points than he'll cost us.

Nature of a keeper, every single one has a howler at some point. Hopefully he can kick on and get back to form.

No really Billy, a few of you have already found him culpable. 😁
    Not having a go as the forum would be as dull as watching Hertz without people debating on the (de)merits of our players. I think more of us are happy with Rocky than those who prefer Bell or someone else but that doesn’t mean we’re happy with any fkups. It was a cringey moment last night but I was cringing more when a few Hibbies sarcastically cheered when he caught the ball later!

Left by mutual consent!
    He's not perfect and will cost us goals. He'll also save us goals. Lennon continues to pick him and at this level he'll gain us more points than he'll cost us.

Nature of a keeper, every single one has a howler at some point. Hopefully he can kick on and get back to form.
    I agree completely.

@hibs.net private member
    I think we have to be careful. Whilst Cammy Bell is decent let's not pretend for one minute that he is some kind of goalkeeping legend. He couldn't get a game at Kilmarnock in front of a journeyman in the shape of McDonald, he was calamity prone himself at Rangers, the playoff vs Motherwell was a shambles.

A bit of perspective is that Bell was an understudy at the team immediately below us, he's not exactly arms and legs ahead of Rocky, far from it.

We are the Jury NL is the Judge NL will decide if punishment is required

He was brutal last night and brutal in his last game. Needs replaced.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    Imagine if every player was replaced after two consecutive mistakes. Continuity would be impossible.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Brutal? Really?

@hibs.net private member
    Slaver

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar
    The seasons in it's final stretch and your jury still can't make it's mind up?

You don't think it's because the jury is just a figment of your imagination.

Too much Football Manager for some on here.

Might print this off for bog roll later