hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

This situation has developed over Conservative, Labour and Coalition administrations. While politicians set the tone, civil servants would and should have been able to recommend policy to avoid this. At the same time, immigration is such a complex issue that sane advice by civil servants won't necessarily overcome political imperatives. And if we want to look where to blame for that we only need examine ourselves as a society.

My take is this is messy. Home Office policy and immigration policy especially, tends to be complex, often short-termist and often populist in order to meet a perceived need of reaction, regardless of the colour of rosette the Home Secretary wears. Point-scoring is ultimately pointless but easy to do.
    I suppose that would explain why you Labour guys are circling your wagons together with the Tories on this. Nobody knows how many have been effected and I'm sure measures will have been taken to ensure nobody will.

This is the fault of the Westminster government at all levels and involving the big 2 parties. Is this why you're attacking the man and ignoring the ball?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    I thought you said you had started count. Can you not remember what number you got to?

Is this a general affliction for Nationalists? It maybe explains why the NHS waiting time targets keep getting missed?
    Poor post, even by you're standards.

I lost count, because the numbers keep changing, and it's not only one or two people affected.

I could understand it, if it were only one or two people, but we've got families broken up and people detained or deported, and you seem to think it's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    Is that how you lost count?

Correct, and I never claimed I did but I did manage to keep a tally of all those that I did read about.

I'm sure the home office will be round shortly to get an update from you.

I'd go even further and suggest to prevent a further PR disaster the Home Office will be very lenient on the processing of those individuals concerned.

But surely it wasn't just the Tories, who was in political power when these "Commonwealth" citizens were invited over.
    What about the permanent ministers, civil servants. They are not all signed up party political members.
    This is an institutional cock up. If Home Secretaries fall, then that will be considered a win by some but won't make one iota of difference to those who want to remain in a country they call home.
    Earlier in the thread, you seemed to be quite happy with the changes made to the immigration policy by the Tories. Changes which affected all those families. I'm sure your "friend", will be delighted.

I'm out for another week, make sure and keep a tally now. 👌😩

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    Earlier in the thread, you seemed to be quite happy with the changes made to the immigration policy by the Tories.
    Did I?
    What I actually said was "I see no harm in firming up immigration policy in regards to employment and access to our social care system, but it has to be fair",,,,FAIR!
    That's a wee bit different to saying I'm happy and miles away from me being ecstatic about the current bureaucratic mess we have on our hands.

Did I?
    What I actually said was "I see no harm in firming up immigration policy in regards to employment and access to our social care system, but it has to be fair",,,,FAIR!
    That's a wee bit different to saying I'm happy and miles away from me being ecstatic about the current bureaucratic mess we have on our hands.
    Hey, I suppose, one man's, disgusting, is another's tickety boo.

Just not sure yet pal would enjoy the go home vans though.

Enjoy your day. 🌞

Did I?
    It's the rules on here. Question an outlandish statement that can't be defended and, before you know it, it's been turned back on you in an attempt to distract from the original issue. Either that or you get into an argument on the [hidden] meaning behind a word ("well yes, I used the word 'never' but what I actually meant was 'less than once a fortnight'. I thought that was obvious").

@hibs.net private member Golden Fleece's Avatar
    Could you three get a room please.
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    It's the rules on here. Question an outlandish statement that can't be defended and, before you know it, it's been turned back on you in an attempt to distract from the original issue. Either that or you get into an argument on the [hidden] meaning behind a word ("well yes, I used the word 'never' but what I actually meant was 'less than once a fortnight'. I thought that was obvious").
    Ha ha, yes, pedantry seems to be more prolific here than political ideals.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    Could you three get a room please.
    I'll assume I'm one of the trolling triumvirate?
    Don't worry, I'll bow out from this convo as (I'd hazard a guess that R7 feels the same) it's starting to feel like I'm smacking my head against an incredibly dense brick wall.

Peace brothers!