hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Remember the League Cup Semi, play your best keeper so its Rocky for me.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Renfrew_Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What I noticed on Saturday was Bell never played it out from the back once, not once did a center half drop back and pick up a roll out or was it thrown out to Lewis or anything like that.
    It was picked up and just punted straight down the middle which invariably allowed Thistle to win the header and retain possession. I felt this was partly why Thistle were so decent in the first half and we struggled to get anything going.
    Cammy can't be as comfortable as Rocky in playing it out from the back, even when Rocky punts it down field you can see that he is at least trying to find someone, tries to find Boyle quite a lot.
    Rocky back in goals for me please. Having said that, Cammy is still a very good goalkeeper, just not as nuanced in the way goalkeeping is evolving.
    TBF he did play it out to the wide channels a couple of times but the result of that reinforces your point.

I think it might have been John Collins that made the point that the long punt from the keeper is the single most common thing that's never taught on the coaching badges. It's particularly annoying when, as on Saturday, it's obviously not working and it gives possession back to the opposition pretty much every time.

Even more bonkers when you have a good midfield - keep the ball and pass it round teams like Thistle.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieCowan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Remember the League Cup Semi, play your best keeper so its Rocky for me.

I’d be surprised if Lennon done the same again.

I see Aberdeen brought their no. 1 back after being out for months - even after the reserve had won them the penalty shoot out.