@hibs.net private member Scooter's Avatar

Jamie Mac

Great timing and movement for the 1st goal

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Great timing and movement for the 1st goal
    Now he's getting some game time we looks really sharp. Definitely a poacher rather but something we've been missing for a while.

Hope we can keep him (and Kamberi) next season.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Even better when you have him as first goal scorer .
    Get in 😄👍🏾⚽️🇳🇬

@hibs.net private member
    Hibs seem to have improved since Stokes left and mclaren and kamberi have been productive.

So why am I not yet convinced about them?!

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    He was pretty anonymous all game but the service to our strikers was poor.

He can play a bit though and instinctively knows where the goals are and done well to get in front of the defender yesterday.

Good signing and a good foil for Kamberi.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by judas View Post
    Hibs seem to have improved since Stokes left and mclaren and kamberi have been productive.

Not sure why as we're unbeaten in 7 and one of those 2 has scored in all but one of those matches.

For mid-season signings, so far so good IMO but time will tell and the end of the season will be a better time to judge them I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by judas View Post

I genuinely have no idea.

They have 6 goals between them in just 15 games which is a good return in anyone's language. I'm not quite sure what you were expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    Now he's getting some game time we looks really sharp. Definitely a poacher rather but something we've been missing for a while.

Hope we can keep him (and Kamberi) next season.
    We haven't been missing a poacher for a while, Cummings was exactly that

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I genuinely have no idea.

They have 6 goals between them in just 15 games which is a good return in anyone's language. I'm not quite sure what you were expecting.
    I have an idea why, they looked very average yesterday and just before the goal lots of people around me were getting restless and calling for Oli. They have been doing fine and results have been great but I too still need a bit of convincing they would be a longterm partnership.

He's a fox in the box striker, they can be anonymous for 89 minutes but then a smart bit of movement and they get you the winner.
    They need a strong grafter beside him and Kamberi is a good foil with a bit of added skill to boot. Really like the look of him. If he was to go back to grasshoppers in the summer then Curtis Main would be one of my key targets as he's probably the leagues hardest working forwards and is as strong as an ox.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Renfrew_Hibby View Post
    He's a fox in the box striker, they can be anonymous for 89 minutes but then a smart bit of movement and they get you the winner.
    They need a strong grafter beside him and lambert is a good foil with a bit of added skill to boot. Really like the look of him. If he was to go back to grasshoppers in the summer then Curtis Main would be one of my key targets as he's probably the leagues hardest working forwards and is as strong as an ox.
    Main looks an excellent player, I think he’s just on loan at Motherwell isn’t he?

Would be delighted if we were to go for him.

I’m not totally convinced by Kamberi, outstanding work rate and can’t fault his effort however something about him just doesn’t do it for me. Think he could maybe do with a goal or two soon.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Loved his celebration with the fans in the FF .
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

If I have to be honest I'm smitten with the two of them. Kamberi is a right pain in the arse and I'd hate to play against him, as people have said he's great foil for McLaren who is more of a poacher and reminds me a lot of Cummings in that he knows where he needs to be and when to get there.

Time will still tell if they are a great partnership but as it stands I'm delighted we made the decision to punt Stokes and loan out Murray and bring these two lads in with Shaw as the back up option.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I’m not totally convinced by Kamberi, outstanding work rate and can’t fault his effort however something about him just doesn’t do it for me. Think he could maybe do with a goal or two soon.
    He’s a funny one, I think one thing about him in one instance then completely the opposite a minute later.

Something about him at the very least, he’s probably more of a footballer than I thought he’d be but cam occasionally seem of the headless chicken variety. Then again, holds the ball up well, has a fair bit of football about him and works his **** off.

Permanently offside mind you.

Quote Originally Posted by RicheyWhite View Post
    He’s a funny one, I think one thing about him in one instance then completely the opposite a minute later.

Something about him at the very least, he’s probably more of a footballer than I thought he’d be but cam occasionally seem of the headless chicken variety. Then again, holds the ball up well, has a fair bit of football about him and works his **** off.

Permanently offside mind you.
    Yeah he’s got plenty positive attributes and he’s still young so don’t want to sound like I’m being too harsh on him however his understanding of the off side rule isnt one of the better sides of his game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    I have an idea why, they looked very average yesterday and just before the goal lots of people around me were getting restless and calling for Oli. They have been doing fine and results have been great but I too still need a bit of convincing they would be a longterm partnership.
    I think Kamberi's been brilliant since he's come in. Maclaren has taken a bit longer to settle down but I think he's started to show his strengths in the past few weeks, he did well against Hearts, scored a good goal and was then an unfortunate victim of Marciano's moment of madness against St Johnstone, having to go off after 15 minutes for Cammy Bell and then scored again yesterday.

I'm not suggesting the pair of them are the next Andy Cole and Dwight Yorke partnership but I don't think there's any doubt that we have improved a lot up front since they've come in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I think Kamberi's been brilliant since he's come in. Maclaren has taken a bit longer to settle down but I think he's started to show his strengths in the past few weeks, he did well against Hearts, scored a good goal and was then an unfortunate victim of Marciano's moment of madness against St Johnstone, having to go off after 15 minutes for Cammy Bell and then scored again yesterday.

I'm not suggesting the pair of them are the next Andy Cole and Dwight Yorke partnership but I don't think there's any doubt that we have improved a lot up front since they've come in.
    Although I’ve highlighted a few doubts about Kamberi I completely agree with your last paragraph. We look a lot better up front now than we did before we signed them.

Both have been very good- I’m also not sure exactly what folk expect from guys like this?

Kamberi has a bit of quality and as good a hold up striker as I’ve seen at Hibs for a good few years. McLaren took longer to settle but has shown himself to be a clever poacher.

We’re much better up front than earlier in the season.

I like both but Kamberi seems to be caught offside a lot and MacLaren was quite poor up until his goal. They both showed glimpses of a good partnership though. Think Kamberi would prefer the ball to feet to hold it up rather than it shelled at him like it was first half yesterday. MacLaren isn't as strong but has the pace to get in behind. Allan and MacLaren if they hit it off could be some sight as Allan could find a Hearts fan in the Roseburn on Derby Day with some of his through balls

Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    Both have been very good- I’m also not sure exactly what folk expect from guys like this?

Kamberi has a bit of quality and as good a hold up striker as I’ve seen at Hibs for a good few years. McLaren took longer to settle but has shown himself to be a clever poacher.

We’re much better up front than earlier in the season.
    I think you are getting a wee bit carried away, the only other recent hold strikers I can think of are Holt and Gary O is he better than both ? He has done fine but for example was very average yesterday. He is young and hopefully he will continue to improve let's not burden him with big expectations.

Guy sitting beside me in the east thinks they are both crap 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by Albanian Hibs View Post
    There was a few people in the east yesterday with comments. Some people are just never happy. Heard one boy behind me at hanlons goal "ball wasn't whipped in though"

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Like them both but wish Kamberi had more pace.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Like them both but wish Kamberi had more pace.
    Eh? Did you not see him catch the Patrick player twice in the second half when sprinting back to cover?

I think he does have good pace but obviously being a big lad might not be quite as quick over very short distances but in a foot race over a reasonable distance I reckon he’s more than fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Albanian Hibs View Post
    Tell the guy you sit next too, he’s a clown from me and he is clueless 😁👍🏼

I think you are getting a wee bit carried away, the only other recent hold strikers I can think of are Holt and Gary O is he better than both ? He has done fine but for example was very average yesterday. He is young and hopefully he will continue to improve let's not burden him with big expectations.
    Than Holt? 100%

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Than Holt? 100%
    I won't argue but is that based on 7-8 games Simon Murray was ahead of Griffith's after about 8 games

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    McLaren went off clutching his hamstring when he went off, or was it cramp?

Few wins and folk on here get ideas well above our station. Both good players, both good enough for Hibs, both scoring and helping the team win.

I won't argue but is that based on 7-8 games Simon Murray was ahead of Griffith's after about 8 games
    Nope. Based purely on me believing Holt wasn’t a good player for us, regardless of what the majority would say on here. Only a handful of games but Kamberi has shown as much movement and an equal hold-up game for me already. Without even taking into account any scoring records.

Just my opinion, and against the grain as I say.