hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Masters 2018

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was all over after he missed the eagle putt, his confidence was shattered.
    I agree, has been awful since.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    He cost me money but we have a worthy winner of another great tournament! Congratulations Patrick Reed.

Anyone know if Ladbrokes pay out on all fifth place finishers?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    He cost me money but we have a worthy winner of another great tournament! Congratulations Patrick Reed.
    He has a lot of bottle does Patrick Reed, he’s a fierce competitor too. Happy for him, well deserved.

Had Rahm e/w @ 25/1 so made a small profit on my bets.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Anyone know if Ladbrokes pay out on all fifth place finishers?
    It will depend on the dead heat rules of the particular bookmaker but in general your e/w stake is divided by the number of players tied for 5th. Happy to be corrected though.

Paddy Power cocked up a few years ago and gave me my full winnings on Casey who was tied with others on the last of the e/w places available. I whipped the funds out my account before they had a chance to correct it. They then sorted it and put my account into negative funds but corrected it again as a gesture of goodwill. Bookie doing a customer a favour? Surely not!

Well Speiths victory wasn’t as secure as I thought after day 1. Thought we were going to see some incredible late in the day there. Congratulations to Reed.

Gutted. Studied it for ages, went for Fowler and backed him each way.

Turns out the bet I placed was for him to lead after day one!!!

D’oh!!!

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgo View Post
    He has a lot of bottle does Patrick Reed, he’s a fierce competitor too. Happy for him, well deserved.

Had Rahm e/w @ 25/1 so made a small profit on my bets.
    I had Spieth and Rose on each way bets, just about got my cash back.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    While I had no cash in the game, I was disappointed it was Reed who triumphed.

I've struggled to like him ever since he made his Ryder Cup debut!

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    While I had no cash in the game, I was disappointed it was Reed who triumphed.

I've struggled to like him ever since he made his Ryder Cup debut!
    He is quite arrogant. Wasn’t him and someone else winding up the Europeans in his debut?

On Sky they’ve shown the clip from an interview he did in 2010 where he declared himself in the top five players in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by LustForLeith View Post
    He is quite arrogant. Wasn’t him and someone else winding up the Europeans in his debut?

On Sky they’ve shown the clip from an interview he did in 2010 where he declared himself in the top five players in the world.
    He's your classic flag-waving yank. I thought he was quite humble in his Masters victory though.

During the Ryder Cup he put his finger to his lips in the dreaded gesture so familiar to football fans.

He's your classic flag-waving yank. I thought he was quite humble in his Masters victory though.

During the Ryder Cup he put his finger to his lips in the dreaded gesture so familiar to football fans.
    I didn't like his antics at the Ryder Cup - although to be fair, Rory wasn't much better.

Reed was a pleasure to watch over the past few days, and dignified in victory.

I fully expect him to play up to the crowds when the Ryder Cup comes around again, but then again that is the Ryder Cup - it appears a different level of behaviour is acceptable there than at the Masters.

Quote Originally Posted by LustForLeith View Post

He's not the only one to talk himself up. I just had to dig out Ian Poulter's moment of madness:-

In the March issue of Golf World (UK) in 2008, Poulter was quoted saying "Don't get me wrong, I really respect every professional golfer, but I know I haven't played to my full potential and when that happens, it will be just me and Tiger."

Quote Originally Posted by Higgo View Post
    It will depend on the dead heat rules of the particular bookmaker but in general your e/w stake is divided by the number of players tied for 5th. Happy to be corrected though.

Paddy Power cocked up a few years ago and gave me my full winnings on Casey who was tied with others on the last of the e/w places available. I whipped the funds out my account before they had a chance to correct it. They then sorted it and put my account into negative funds but corrected it again as a gesture of goodwill. Bookie doing a customer a favour? Surely not!
    Well I had Stenson in a tie for fifth. I got peanuts back. I'm not happy. Man in bookies said go and read dead heat terms and conditions page 33 paragraph ten. Flipping robbers.

Thank goodness I'm not a gambler.

Well I had Stenson in a tie for fifth. I got peanuts back. I'm not happy. Man in bookies said go and read dead heat terms and conditions page 33 paragraph ten. Flipping robbers.

Thank goodness I'm not a gambler.
    I had Stenson as well but with Hills. I'll let you know what happens tomorrow.

I had Stenson as well but with Hills. I'll let you know what happens tomorrow.
    I'd be interested. They should make it clearer really. I've mellowed a bit. They're not robbers.

Just ####s.

There's been a lot of hatred directed towards Reed in certain quarters, though not on these boards.

Do we really expect our sportsmen to be perfect? And do we get the true picture from the media anyway? And is it any of our business whether he talks to his family or not?

I bet even Jack Nicklaus could be a bit nasty when he was up against it. I know it's sacrilege to suggest it!

He's not the only one to talk himself up. I just had to dig out Ian Poulter's moment of madness:-

In the March issue of Golf World (UK) in 2008, Poulter was quoted saying "Don't get me wrong, I really respect every professional golfer, but I know I haven't played to my full potential and when that happens, it will be just me and Tiger."

I remember that quote from Poulter!

Not sure if he’s taking the Mickey when he says stuff like that, but maybe I’m biased as I prefer him to Reed!

I'd be interested. They should make it clearer really. I've mellowed a bit. They're not robbers.

Just ####s.
    Didn't make in today. Sometime later, I've hardly a fortune to collect.

🙄

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    There's been a lot of hatred directed towards Reed in certain quarters, though not on these boards.

Do we really expect our sportsmen to be perfect? And do we get the true picture from the media anyway? And is it any of our business whether he talks to his family or not?

I bet even Jack Nicklaus could be a bit nasty when he was up against it. I know it's sacrilege to suggest it!
    I don’t think Jack Nicklaus enjoyed the adulation he was to ultimately enjoy through time when he first broke through and was a threat to the hugely popular Arnold Palmer. He was quite heavy then, sported closely cropped hair, and was christened ‘Fat Jack’ by the galleries who were cool towards him.
    I had to smile when he dug out the Hazeltine brolly during the Saturday rain - “good on you” was my thoughts. Enjoyed watching him play, and enjoyed a terrific Masters Tournament.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Eddie Pepperall tweeted this and I found it quite amusing.

Heads up. If I ever win a Major, they’ll bring up my past tweets about masturbation. Doesn’t mean I’m a ****er. Thankfully I came from a ‘functional’ family where I used to chase my brother around with a pool cue and once shat myself in Budgens car park.

I have no huge issue with Reed.. his antics are what goes on at the Ryder Cup. It's the one tournament in golf that is different like that. A lot of us over here like him less because it's on the American side.

He may have said some silly things in the past, and he wasn't necessarily who I wanted to win. But no doubt he deserved it and there are far worse people in sport than him. Well played Patrick.

I stand by my opinion that Speith will win more majors than McIlroy. I genuinely think the lad is sensational (albeit with my limited golf knowledge).

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I don’t think Jack Nicklaus enjoyed the adulation he was to ultimately enjoy through time when he first broke through and was a threat to the hugely popular Arnold Palmer. He was quite heavy then, sported closely cropped hair, and was christened ‘Fat Jack’ by the galleries who were cool towards him.
    I had to smile when he dug out the Hazeltine brolly during the Saturday rain - “good on you” was my thoughts. Enjoyed watching him play, and enjoyed a terrific Masters Tournament.
    Apparently Palmer's fans used to stand by the fairways and flash mirrors in the sun to put Jack off.