hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Maybe Craig Levein should get it. Miles behind Hibs when he took over, he was always going to improve them and look at them now.....
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

2. Log in to remove the advert

Clarke and Ross for me

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lennon has to be in with a shout. Taking a newly promoted side comfortably into the top 6 is good going.
    If Hibs get 2nd place, it's got to be Lennon. Otherwise Clarke.

Celtic have so much money, no Celtic manager should win it.

Quote Originally Posted by spikeymike View Post
    Yes he has done well for us but there is only one winner and that is Stevie Clarke
    It has to be Clark

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    No Championship manager will win manager of the season. They (Killie) also failed to win any of their opening 8 games, were bottom of the league and had just been beaten by the team that probably will go down automatically this season when Clarke took over, so, yes, they were relegation fodder.

Ross has done an amazing job at St. Mirren... Levein totally effed up at Hearts by effectively sacking him for non-footballing reasons. This is why Clarke has done a better job than Ross (I’m aware part of my argument is based on last season)... Ross took over St Mirren last season in pretty much the same position as Clarke did at Killie this season at almost exactly the same date give or take a few days. Bottom of the league and in a desperate situation. Ross had a wobble last season after his initial bounce but ended up in a respectable 7 of 10. Killie are on league winning / 2nd place form under Clarke in a harder league that contains several clubs with quite a bit bigger resources than them and one club with resources on a totally different planet to them and everyone else. This season St Mirren have had virtually no competition with a Dundee United team that spent big only to see those big players either succumb to injury or age and Dunfermline and Livi teams that probably don’t have a comparable budget to them. Killie will have nowhere near our budget (or Hearts or any of the teams above them) but are only 6 points behind us but started the season so badly under the previous management. They are also comfortably ahead of Hearts.

Clarke is the clear candidate for manager of the season.
    St Mirren don’t have any competition because they keep winning. A 5th place finish and no latter stages in cups should not win you manager of the year. Not forgetting that Killie have thrown money at it and have a top 6 budget.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Gary Parker, what a guy 100% record apart from any games i have forgotten.
    St Johnstone was a draw for starters 🙈

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    They had only played 8 games, hardly relegation fodder. Hes done very well and his contacts have obviously helped bringing in a couple of big players, but I still don’t think someone that won nothing should win manager or the year. In 18 months Jack ross has taken ‘relegation fodder’ and certainties to go down, to guaranteed promotion with St Mirren. If he doesn’t win it there is something wrong. Rodgers with a treble should be second, and Clarke and Lennon will probably make up the shortlist.
    If any championship manager deserves it it's Hopkin of Livingston.

Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    another who has had a very good season, but still miles behind st Mirren and every chance they will end the season empty handed.

I think it should be Clarke, it's really amazing what he's done to that football club. A true romantic football tale, second only to our Scottish Cup win in 2016, in my opinion.

Jack Ross has done a great job at St Mirren but it was obvious to me from about Feb last year onwards that they'd win the Championship this season, I even put a bet on it in July (smug smirk).

If (big "if") we get second then it should be Lennon.

Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    I think Ross may disagree look how hard we found the championship, ST Mirren have strolled it

I would say Clarke, BUT, the way they have become accustomed to playing on an unwatered shocking pitch to the detriment of other clubs, verges on the edge of cheating for me, so Lennon would be my shout. They manage to get wins on a bad unplayable pitch, gain momentum and that takes them onto away games, it´s cheating.

Clarke has done a remarkable job. Quite staggering really. Shows how inept McCullough was though as they have some decent players.

Quote Originally Posted by spikeymike View Post
    Yes he has done well for us but there is only one winner and that is Stevie Clarke
    Clarke's been brilliant with limited resources but is Lennon's achievement been any less ? considering we only just got back up. Lennon for me excluding Rodgers easier job at Celtic.

@hibs.net private member
    Clarke as he came into a sinking ship and has them running full steam ahead. I think they have picked up more points since his arrival than Celtic so that is deserving of being top manager. Jack Ross started bailing the year before but St Mirren are going to win the league by a margin and will amass more points than we did last year with probably half of our resources. If Celtic win the treble I would put Rodgers next. If we finish second then Lennon would maybe get on the shortlist but 4th is around where our resources should put us. Brilliant to do that in the first season back but not up to the achievements that other candidates have managed.

Clarke beyond a doubt, barring a spectacular collapse in remaining games.

Has to be Levein for restoring the natural order of things

I think either Rodgers or Clarke will be the most likely to win the award.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    I think either Rodgers or Clarke will be the most likely to win the award.
    Clarke can win it, Rodgers can be given it.

But I agree that they are the only two worth putting money on.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Left by mutual consent!
    If we are to get 2nd...surely there can only be 1 winner?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan69 View Post
    If we are to get 2nd...surely there can only be 1 winner?

the thing about most of these awards, is that they are voted for around now...so events such as that wouldn't be taken in to account...

@hibs.net private member
    While I wouldn't be overly upset if Steve Clarke was to be given the award, I'd say that taking the promoted team to a position where they are genuine (and hopefully ultimately successful) challengers for 2nd place would be a bigger achievement. It's all very well saying that he has more resources at his disposal than Clarke but we of all clubs should know that this doesn't guarantee anything. The fact that Lennon has changed this clubs mind set so that we all expect 4th place is in itself a testament to what he has done for Hibs.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    the thing about most of these awards, is that they are voted for around now...so events such as that wouldn't be taken in to account...
    Doesnt make how its done then.
    Clarke could get manager of the year....then lose his next 7 games.

It would be too simple to wait on the outcome of a season...then decide.

Quote Originally Posted by allezsauzee View Post
    While I wouldn't be overly upset if Steve Clarke was to be given the award, I'd say that taking the promoted team to a position where they are genuine (and hopefully ultimately successful) challengers for 2nd place would be a bigger achievement. It's all very well saying that he has more resources at his disposal than Clarke but we of all clubs should know that this doesn't guarantee anything. The fact that Lennon has changed this clubs mind set so that we all expect 4th place is in itself a testament to what he has done for Hibs.
    We're not the normal promoted team however which will count against Lennon.

If St Mirren finish in the top four next season then I'd agree that Jack Ross would deserve the award.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    We're not the normal promoted team however which will count against Lennon.

If St Mirren finish in the top four next season then I'd agree that Jack Ross would deserve the award.
    If that’s the case then Kilmarnock are only finishing where they should as well, underachieving for years and finally found their place in mid table, where their budget should have them.

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    If that’s the case then Kilmarnock are only finishing where they should as well, underachieving for years and finally found their place in mid table, where their budget should have them.
    It's the turnaround in their fortunes with a new manager which makes Clarke the clear candidate.

Kilmarnock's budget will be far less than Hearts, and probably less than Motherwell and St Johnstone who have both been relatively successful recently. I'd guess they'd be on a par with Dundee and Partick.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    It's the turnaround in their fortunes with a new manager which makes Clarke the clear candidate.

Kilmarnock's budget will be far less than Hearts, and probably less than Motherwell and St Johnstone who have both been relatively successful recently. I'd guess they'd be on a par with Dundee and Partick.
    Your joking? Less than hearts but the fact they’ve got Clarke, Mulumbu, we’re trying to sign Naismith, Boyd ain’t on peanuts, they’re spending a decent amount again now.