hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar

Manager of the year

Would be very surprised if Lennon is not top choice for manager of the year.Be a well deserved award.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Yes he has done well for us but there is only one winner and that is Stevie Clarke

If Celtic do the treble again it will likely be Rodgers.

Steve Clarke and Lennon will make up the shortlist.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Cathro surely?

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

With the resources Celtic have it's nowhere near a fair fight. It would be an embarrassment to Rodgers if he didn't win the league.
    Steve Clarke would get my vote with NL a close second.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    With the resources Celtic have it's nowhere near a fair fight. It would be an embarrassment to Rodgers if he didn't win the league.
    I woukdn't give it to BR but we all know how these things work.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Jack Ross for me.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Gotta be Clarke even though you know his acceptance speech would be dour n crap, some job he's done, credit where it's due...should we sneak 2nd, then Lenny has to be right up there though considering we've just came up...the reality is though our dominance of most teams and hun skelping, full fat and diet, is not that much of a surprise.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    In England John Coleman Accrington Stanley should get it, not that Peps done too badly.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    In England John Coleman Accrington Stanley should get it, not that Peps done too badly.
    And what about the manager of that Swedish team that's doing/did? so well in the CL?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Lennon has to be in with a shout. Taking a newly promoted side comfortably into the top 6 is good going.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Gary Parker, what a guy 100% record apart from any games i have forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Jack Ross for me.
    THIS! Good shout, phenomenal achievement considering where the Buddies were and are!

Not many teams win trebles let alone back to back even with huge resources

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Not many teams win trebles let alone back to back even with huge resources
    Have Celtc already won the Scottish Cup this season?

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    Have Celtc already won the Scottish Cup this season?
    Did you miss it
    No they have not but if they do there is only one winner

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

This seems likely. Interesting though if Celtic lose to Rangers in the Semi Final, and Hibs grab 2nd. Steve Clarke would be my vote for the sheer unlikeliness of their run since he came in (sorry Neil...)

The Manager of the Year should be the manager who has had the most impact on their club.

I had a look last year and if I remember correctly there have been eleven trebles in the 77 years since the League Cup started. So it won't be that unusual an achievement by Rodgers, particularly with Celtc's financial advantage. Last year's unbeaten domestic season did merit the award.

We've undoubtedly done well under Lennon this year but finishing any of third, fourth or fifth is simply in line with the expectations that we had prior to the season starting.

The one manager who stands out is the guy who took over a struggling team and made them far better, leading them to an unexpectedly high league position. Clarke deserves it for the turnaround he has produced at Kilmarnock.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    The Manager of the Year should be the manager who has had the most impact on their club.

I had a look last year and if I remember correctly there have been eleven trebles in the 77 years since the League Cup started. So it won't be that unusual an achievement by Rodgers, particularly with Celtc's financial advantage. Last year's unbeaten domestic season did merit the award.

We've undoubtedly done well under Lennon this year but finishing any of third, fourth or fifth is simply in line with the expectations that we had prior to the season starting.

The one manager who stands out is the guy who took over a struggling team and made them far better, leading them to an unexpectedly high league position. Clarke deserves it for the turnaround he has produced at Kilmarnock.
    Agree. Clarke for me. Some turnaround and not much doubt he's the reason.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post

How many win back to back trebles ? However FWIW I agree Clarke deserves it.
    Last edited by Sammy7nil; 31-03-2018 at 10:05 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    How can it be anyone other than than Clarke?

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    How can it be anyone other than than Clarke?
    When in reality he’ll have won nothing, and qualified for nothing... Fantastic turnaround but giving manager of the year to someone for finishing mid table doesn’t sit with me. Jack Ross has had an outstanding couple of years and to win that league like he has done deserves it easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    Cathro surely?
    I'd go for ROLF myself 😀😀

Quote Originally Posted by rcarter1 View Post
    This seems likely. Interesting though if Celtic lose to Rangers in the Semi Final, and Hibs grab 2nd. Steve Clarke would be my vote for the sheer unlikeliness of their run since he came in (sorry Neil...)
    If we were to get second it would a tough call between lenny and Clarke. If celtic get the treble it will go to Rodgers, can't see any other outcome in that circumstance. Both lenny and Clarke have done tremendous jobs. Maybe even a joint award. Lol.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    How many win back to back trebles ? However FWIW I agree Clarke deserves it.
    Why would back to back trebles count towards a manager of the year? This actual football season has been less impressive for Rodgers than last.

Jack Ross should get it.

Steve Clarke should win it.

He's done wonders there this season.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Steve Clarke by a country mile. Relegation fodder when he took over to comfortable top 6 finish. Was there not some stat that if you extrapolated their results since he took over to the start of the season that Killie would be strolling it to a league title?

Left by mutual consent!
    And what about the manager of that Swedish team that's doing/did? so well in the CL?
    Is Ostersunds in England? Was never in CL either.

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Steve Clarke by a country mile. Relegation fodder when he took over to comfortable top 6 finish. Was there not some stat that if you extrapolated their results since he took over to the start of the season that Killie would be strolling it to a league title?
    They had only played 8 games, hardly relegation fodder. Hes done very well and his contacts have obviously helped bringing in a couple of big players, but I still don’t think someone that won nothing should win manager or the year. In 18 months Jack ross has taken ‘relegation fodder’ and certainties to go down, to guaranteed promotion with St Mirren. If he doesn’t win it there is something wrong. Rodgers with a treble should be second, and Clarke and Lennon will probably make up the shortlist.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    They had only played 8 games, hardly relegation fodder. Hes done very well and his contacts have obviously helped bringing in a couple of big players, but I still don’t think someone that won nothing should win manager or the year. In 18 months Jack ross has taken ‘relegation fodder’ and certainties to go down, to guaranteed promotion with St Mirren. If he doesn’t win it there is something wrong. Rodgers with a treble should be second, and Clarke and Lennon will probably make up the shortlist.
    No Championship manager will win manager of the season. They (Killie) also failed to win any of their opening 8 games, were bottom of the league and had just been beaten by the team that probably will go down automatically this season when Clarke took over, so, yes, they were relegation fodder.

Ross has done an amazing job at St. Mirren... Levein totally effed up at Hearts by effectively sacking him for non-footballing reasons. This is why Clarke has done a better job than Ross (I’m aware part of my argument is based on last season)... Ross took over St Mirren last season in pretty much the same position as Clarke did at Killie this season at almost exactly the same date give or take a few days. Bottom of the league and in a desperate situation. Ross had a wobble last season after his initial bounce but ended up in a respectable 7 of 10. Killie are on league winning / 2nd place form under Clarke in a harder league that contains several clubs with quite a bit bigger resources than them and one club with resources on a totally different planet to them and everyone else. This season St Mirren have had virtually no competition with a Dundee United team that spent big only to see those big players either succumb to injury or age and Dunfermline and Livi teams that probably don’t have a comparable budget to them. Killie will have nowhere near our budget (or Hearts or any of the teams above them) but are only 6 points behind us but started the season so badly under the previous management. They are also comfortably ahead of Hearts.

Clarke is the clear candidate for manager of the season.
    Last edited by overdrive; 01-04-2018 at 12:57 AM.