hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Swanson

How can people even compare Swanson and mcginn. Having watched them both surely you can see they are completely different players that play in different positions/bring different things to the team. If Scott Allan was injured or suspended then I would expect to see Danny playing.

Was pretty concerning for me how our shape and general play looked without SJM in there as well...

2. Log in to remove the advert

With you all the way Rosco, but with all supposed midfield uncertainty we should be keeping our options open because we may have to find a completely different way of playing without John McGinn.

When NL was asked in his after match interview if we missed McGinn today, he immediately said that of course we did, any team would miss him.

All I am saying is let's not throw out the baby with the bathwater.

Opinions, eh?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    He never put a foot wrong today.

I like Swanson, I'd definitely like to see more of him but I can imagine it's hard to get into the team at the moment.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With you all the way Rosco, but with all supposed midfield uncertainty we should be keeping our options open because we may have to find a completely different way of playing without John McGinn.

When NL was asked in his after match interview if we missed McGinn today, he immediately said that of course we did, any team would miss him.

All I am saying is let's not throw out the baby with the bathwater.

Opinions, eh?
    I hear you. Just gies me the fear a bit. Think slivka would be the natural one to step in there and do the hard work/ball carrying, linking to Allan and forwards, we just looked so easy to play against without SJM winning tackles and driving forward. Just made me think of life without him n i don't like it!!

First Team Regular
    Playing at home to Partick I was surprised to see Bartley given a start. Thought this would have been an ideal opportunity for Swanson. I hope he stays but it is not looking likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Criswell View Post
    Playing at home to Partick I was surprised to see Bartley given a start. Thought this would have been an ideal opportunity for Swanson. I hope he stays but it is not looking likely.
    I think you seen again that Bartley is a limited player and the midfield had no drive due to McGinn not playing. Bartley is a decent enforcer but with limited game intelligence, the midfield came to life when Whittaker came on.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Criswell View Post
    Partick are a big physical team, so I presume Neil fancied Bartley over Swanson to begin with

Left by mutual consent!
    I'd like to see, Swanson stay for another season, at least. He's had many things to put up with in the least year. He needs our support, and will come good next season...given the chance.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tha Cabbage Kid View Post
    All this crap about swanson being a dud is pathetic. He's a class player who doesn't become a dud over night. The fact that he is still here shows determination about not giving up on his dream. With a good run of games he could be up there with the best player at the club. If he stays beyond this season I think he will have a better chance to get that run of games. Mcginn will be off, chance mcGeouch will be off and Scotty too.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk
    Agree 100% . When Danny came on today i thought probably at least 7 or 8 of the teams in our league would bite their hands off to have such a quality player in reserve. I also thought he was brought on for appearance money & if so then that was a good gesture from NL. I hate criticising any Hibs player but unfortunately I think Marv looks more limited every time I see him & I suspect he may get very little game time going forward

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    Lennon clearly doesn't rate him at all. Which is weird considering he brought him to the club...
    A bit like Simon Murray. Seemed like a great signing then ...... <phut>

Quote Originally Posted by RoscoHibby View Post
    I hear you. Just gies me the fear a bit. Think slivka would be the natural one to step in there and do the hard work/ball carrying, linking to Allan and forwards, we just looked so easy to play against without SJM winning tackles and driving forward. Just made me think of life without him n i don't like it!!
    It wasn't all down to SJM missing tho...Bartley and Dylan don't really play that well together imo and Bartley should never be playing when we have 3 at the back and are at home against a bottom 6 side. It's not the first time we've looked disjointed when setting up like this. No coincidence our best spell came when Bartley was subbed...I like big Marv but he was pretty useless today if truth be told. I d have started with either slivka or Swanson today rather than Marv...or even Whitty who did well the last 25

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    It wasn't all down to SJM missing tho...Bartley and Dylan don't really play that well together imo and Bartley should never be playing when we have 3 at the back and are at home against a bottom 6 side. It's not the first time we've looked disjointed when setting up like this. No coincidence our best spell came when Bartley was subbed...I like big Marv but he was pretty useless today if truth be told. I d have started with either slivka or Swanson today rather than Marv...or even Whitty who did well the last 25

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    As much as I love Bartley, Whittaker showed something different when he came on. He’s better on the ball than Bartley and actually I think he’s probably more physical as well.

Went right off Swanson after the "pretended to be a Hearts fan and didn't try for them" interview pish. Came across as bitter. Wonder if he pretends to be a Hibs fan as he's done zilch for us too

@hibs.net private member WellingtonHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    Why the rush from some of the 'experts' on here to get rid of Swanson?

He is good enough to play for Hibs, in my opinion, and with all the uncertainty over McGinn, McGeouch, Allan on loan, it would be stupid to offload him before we see how things are shaping up for next season.

If he gets a decent run he will prove his worth.

Either way, I'll trust Neil Lennon to make the call.
    Are you trolling? You whinge about "experts" then suggest your opinion is superior to everyone else's? Opinions are like ********s eh?
    Kicking it in Wellington .

Quote Originally Posted by .KingDomofFife. View Post
    Went right off Swanson after the "pretended to be a Hearts fan and didn't try for them" interview pish. Came across as bitter. Wonder if he pretends to be a Hibs fan as he's done zilch for us too
    Idiotic statement. Question what he’s brought to the table this season but to question whether he supports Hibs or not is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    Idiotic statement. Question what he’s brought to the table this season but to question whether he supports Hibs or not is laughable.
    Hows it idiotic? He said he was a Hearts fan. Who does that?

Hows it idiotic?
    Because whether you like it or not he’s always been a Hibby. So questioning that is idiotic, simple.

Because whether you like it or not he’s always been a Hibby. So questioning that is idiotic, simple.
    He said he was a hearts fan not me

First Team Breakthrough BigT-Hibeez's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibeez68
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Agree 100% . When Danny came on today i thought probably at least 7 or 8 of the teams in our league would bite their hands off to have such a quality player in reserve. I also thought he was brought on for appearance money & if so then that was a good gesture from NL. I hate criticising any Hibs player but unfortunately I think Marv looks more limited every time I see him & I suspect he may get very little game time going forward
    I agree about Marv, he's done his bit for us, and has had a few great games when we have needed some muscle in midfield, but he is a limited player and if we are looking forward, not good enough.. Can't see him being here next season but hope he gets a lifetime ST, and he can crash on my sofa anytime!!

Left by mutual consent!
    I am interested in what players do for Hibs and Danny has not been what I hoped thus far. I care not a jot who he supports only how he plays.

We have had plenty of players who supported the club but we're not very good.

Am i idiotic to question this?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Absolutely. Like I said, whether you like it or not he has always been, and will always be a Hibs fan. Not liking someone because he baited the hearts fans when he signed for Hibs is fairly amusing though. Or is it you that’s bitter because he didn’t try for hearts? 🤔

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic

What about this?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Funny thing to post about a current Hibs player, whether to win an argument or not.

Very strange

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: maxsharktooth
    [QUOTE=.KingDomofFife.;5357623]Am i idiotic to question this?

Call that kissing it???

Looks more like he's trying to eat it.

Probably no been paid that week, par for the course down Gorgie way.

[QUOTE=1875godsgift;5357639]

Call that kissing it???

Looks more like he's trying to eat it.

Probably no been paid that week, par for the course down Gorgie way.
    Oor Danny the wind up merchant, still winding them up years later! Outstanding.

Swanson is a good player, definitely, but so far for Hibs hasn't really shown it except in very small glimpses. The court case of course had an effect on him as it probably would on anybody, but I don't see him as a replacement for McGinn, he's a different type of player IMO. Might be a more natural replacement for Scott Allan in terms of how he plays the game, but that's just my opinion. It's a bit like what happened with Liam Craig (ex-St Johnstone as well) who looked a good player before we signed him but it didn't really work out for him at Hibs (although he wasn't bad).

Quote Originally Posted by Eaststandee View Post
    Funny thing to post about a current Hibs player, whether to win an argument or not.

Very strange
    Very strange thing for a so called Hibs fan to do. Wouldnt be me wearing that rag never mind kissing the badge even for a joke. Some of the defence Swanson gets on here is mindblowing. Why claim to be a Hearts fan, move to them of your own free will, not play very well, move to Hibs a few years later then claim you were only pretending. That's strange.

He's not performed for Hibs yet and doesn't look like he's going to get another chance to do so. The boy has talent theres no doubt but i don't think he's got the temperament to play for a club the size of Hibs/Hearts. He'll end up at St Johnstone or St Mirren.
    Last edited by SirDavidsNapper; 01-04-2018 at 07:22 AM.

I really hope Danny pulls it together. He’s been through a lot off the field to get to this level and is playing for the club he supports. But it’s just not working out for him.

Quote Originally Posted by AFKA5814_Hibs View Post
    I seen no point in the sub today for Swanson. Game was over and there was little time for it. Seemed to be piss taken tbh.
    Its a standard waste time sub. He doesnt have a future at the club and I'd fully expect Fraser Murray to step up next season.