hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by kennedy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This topic seems to have died a bit, looking at the prices for this Thursdays game v Molde our seats in section 50 are classed as executive seats for purchasing with an adult price of £32.00 compared to £23.00 for the rest of the FF upper. Maybe an indication as to what may happen next season. A price hike now looks very likely if we want to keep sitting where we are.

This way the club gets out of forcing season ticketholders to move, as they might do it themselves, if the increase is on the high side
    When I spoke to the TO in the summer regarding moving seats (not from S50) that was definitely the way they believed it was going. At that stage however they hadn't been informed what the final plan was going to be - which they were finding frustrating. I explicitly asked if they were considering using the section for hospitality, at that stage this wasn't the intention.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Green_one View Post
    Seems fair. I do though think the club can move fans as it requires for commercial or H&S reasons. Many of us sit in seats that are not ideal particularly the PATG folk. My own seat was not a first choice and it has no added features. Maybe you guys could crowd fund me to the posh seats.

Not clear why they want the seats, so it’s difficult to have a hard opinion. ST seating has issues at all clubs
    Posh seats my arse!arrived at my seat for Motherwell game in sec 50 to find seat covered in hard packed seagull s##t had to try and clean seat myself,waste of time they needed jet washed,so obviously nobody checks them,rant over! I want a reduction in price now.
    Sort it Rod!!!

Going over old ground here. There are 8 of us and finding 8 together in another area will be difficult. One solution would be to increase the st price for that area although I know others may not agree.

Promising Youngster
    that is why I have brought it up again, an increase in the season ticket price for next season onwards I think is now expected. Our party of 11 will be quite happy to pay a bit more...… but how much more will the club increase it by ???

@hibs.net private member
    Not clear why they want the seats, so it’s difficult to have a hard opinion. ST seating has issues at all clubs[/QUOTE]

My guess is they realise they are premium seats and the club now sell similar seats in the West for about a tenner more than regular seats so with 200ish seats in that block that's a decent increase in revenue over the season.

One way the club could give those forced to move a decent shot at a good seat is to move holders in the East sections 39-43 along rows to make any empty seats at the end of each row. Our seats are amongst those and I can't see anyone having an issue with moving a couple seats along, particularly as they'll end up next to the same people they are already next to. It'll be quite a big effort but a seating 'consolidation' would end up freeing up a good number of seats together and most likely encourage new holders who couldn't previously get a ST next to someone they want to sit with. Now, who's volunteering to take that on...

Quote Originally Posted by grammyb111 View Post
    One way the club could give those forced to move a decent shot at a good seat is to move holders in the East sections 39-43 along rows to make any empty seats at the end of each row. Our seats are amongst those and I can't see anyone having an issue with moving a couple seats along, particularly as they'll end up next to the same people they are already next to. It'll be quite a big effort but a seating 'consolidation' would end up freeing up a good number of seats together and most likely encourage new holders who couldn't previously get a ST next to someone they want to sit with. Now, who's volunteering to take that on...
    That would be an administrative nightmare and would likely annoy more people than it's worth. I quite like my seat in 43 and don't particularly want to move to be honest and you could potentially have folk who sit near the end of a section being split across the walkway.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    That would be an administrative nightmare and would likely annoy more people than it's worth. I quite like my seat in 43 and don't particularly want to move to be honest and you could potentially have folk who sit near the end of a section being split across the walkway.
    Correect. Also the fact that larger than normal people like myself take the end seat as we are not squashed in which benefits the person next to us also. Would not work.

@hibs.net private member hibbymac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kennedy View Post
    that is why I have brought it up again, an increase in the season ticket price for next season onwards I think is now expected. Our party of 11 will be quite happy to pay a bit more...… but how much more will the club increase it by ???
    That's my reckoning, possibly an increase to around £550-600, with no concessions only full adult price. I don't think they'll turn it into "hospitality seats", but hey, who knows.

I have had no "inside info", just my opinion. No doubt we will find out during the course of the season.
    " Whatever the future may hold, Fans of this unique club will stand firm in Hibernians corner. Yes, united they stand, those wonderful supporters and The greatest football club on earth, " - Hibernian F.C. The team that wouldn't die. Click here

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbymac View Post
    That's my reckoning, possibly an increase to around £550-600, with no concessions only full adult price. I don't think they'll turn it into "hospitality seats", but hey, who knows.

I have had no "inside info", just my opinion. No doubt we will find out during the course of the season.
    Sounds about right.

If the individual game prices are roughly £23 and £32, then ST prices of £400 and £550 seems proportionate.
    Mon the Hibs.

or maybe like before the club are renting out the spce they had earmarked for the NHS deal last year, when they decomissioned the lift etc?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stantons Angel View Post
    or maybe like before the club are renting out the spce they had earmarked for the NHS deal last year, when they decomissioned the lift etc?
    I think the top floor of the stand is now used by NHS. As only one floor for BTG.

@hibs.net private member hibbymac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stantons Angel View Post
    thats a totally separate issue from the seats, .. is it not ?
    " Whatever the future may hold, Fans of this unique club will stand firm in Hibernians corner. Yes, united they stand, those wonderful supporters and The greatest football club on earth, " - Hibernian F.C. The team that wouldn't die. Click here

Quote Originally Posted by hibbymac View Post
    thats a totally separate issue from the seats, .. is it not ?
    Maybe? i remember the uproar when they tried to shift others out the other season for NHS sharing and then the singing section coming over too.