hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    The point here is those who sit in section 50 have been season ticket holders for many years, when it was easy to buy a season ticket and you would have choice of seats.

Now we have over 13k season ticket holders there just isn’t the space to move people, take a look at the east, west stand. You can’t get 2-3 seats together.

We are talking about moving a whole section - that must be 200-300 people.

Why should these long standing season ticket holders be forced to move to seats that no one else wants?

well done to to mike for speaking up about this as it’s an important matter that Leanne needs to take into account.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The point here is those who sit in section 50 have been season ticket holders for many years, when it was easy to buy a season ticket and you would have choice of seats.

Now we have over 13k season ticket holders there just isn’t the space to move people, take a look at the east, west stand. You can’t get 2-3 seats together.

We are talking about moving a whole section - that must be 200-300 people.

Why should these long standing season ticket holders be forced to move to seats that no one else wants?

well done to to mike for speaking up about this as it’s an important matter that Leanne needs to take into account.
    Should they look at everyone’s account to see how long they’ve held a season ticket and then allocate the “good seats” to those with the longest period?

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Should they look at everyone’s account to see how long they’ve held a season ticket and then allocate the “good seats” to those with the longest period?
    But how would that work if for instance a more elderly fan had been a season ticket holder for 20 years say but now sits with his son who had been a season ticket holder for 5 years? Are they now expected to sit apart from each other?

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    Lost me with that comment. No view of the goal-line? I think you have another Edinburgh ground in mind.
    Genuinely. Sitting in certain seats of the last section at the north end of the West Stand, the side bits of the stand block the view of the goal line. Additionally in that same section (but different seats) the railings at the exits block significant chunks of the South end of the pitch.

It’s not just me BTW... other folk have posted similar points (not in this thread) about the seats the Club offered to them when asked to move.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    Seats at the very far South end of the West Upper probably.
    My experience was with seats at the very far North end of the West Upper but I would imagine the same would hold true at the South end.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    But how would that work if for instance a more elderly fan had been a season ticket holder for 20 years say but now sits with his son who had been a season ticket holder for 5 years? Are they now expected to sit apart from each other?
    The club would have to choose if it’s the highest level or lowest level that counts.

Or anyone affected could start a thread about it and get a petition started?

@hibs.net private member
    Trying to play the devils advocate here. What do the fans in section 50 see as a solution? Is there one? Lets assume that they are asking you to move to raise money which improve the team for all of our benefit. Have they looked at what is available elsewhere?

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Is it true that some folk have had far better season tickets, not advertised as such, but padded seats, better leg room, at the same price as inferior seats?
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    Is it true that some folk have had far better season tickets, not advertised as such, but padded seats, better leg room, at the same price as inferior seats?
    Oh it is much better than old chap

We each have our own personal butler who deliver us fresh shrimp cocktails and champagne whenever we demand.

There is also a platform for us to laugh and ridicule the peasants who sit upon the cold, dingy plastic seats surrounding our magnificent Section 50

And finally a secret exit which separates us from the other lowlife spectators, leading directly to our limos with padded interior seats of course.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by guthrie01 View Post

We each have our own personal butler who deliver us fresh shrimp cocktails and champagne whenever we demand.

There is also a platform for us to laugh and ridicule the peasants who sit upon the cold, dingy plastic seats surrounding our magnificent Section 50

And finally a secret exit which separates us from the other lowlife spectators, leading directly to our limos with padded interior seats of course.
    What no Bovril?

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar

So you're the guys that are constantly after the club to build the helipad?

Maybe that's what they want the space for

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries

That’s the smart arse way of saying ‘yes’

But putting all that aside, have these folk had STs at normal prices but got better seats for the last few years?

But putting all that aside, have these folk had STs at normal prices but got better seats for the last few years?
    Yea

@hibs.net private member
    Yes but I don’t think they have a private exit. Although they probably should if it was initially intended for hospitality.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Yes but I don’t think they have a private exit. Although they probably should if it was initially intended for hospitality.

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    That’s the smart arse way of saying ‘yes’
    Deary me, seems some people are a little touchy about where others sit

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kennedy View Post
    They have informed us ( official club mail out and official site) that they intend to change the use of the seating in section 50 for 2019/20 season and that we should consider relocating either now or at the end of next season
    I wonder if it’s safe standing the club are planning?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    That's the black seats in the Upper FF. Could you drop me a PM if you have a season ticket in Section 50.

It's about the club's proposal to move us out of that section from season 2019/20.

Ta.

At least you have been given over a season to think about it (but still not acceptable).
    I went through the exact same scenario with my dad last season, existing seating that was left was poor & had to wait until June to see if any decent seats were released.
    Below is letter I sent to LD.

For The Attention Of Leanne Dempster

I am contacting you on behalf of my 79 year old father. He has supported Hibs since 1945 and has always been a season ticket holder and purchases his ticket on the first day that they become available. His current season ticket is for the FF Upper and has been held since that stand was built. My father has a lift pass for this stand and would not be able to access his seat without this facility. He also attends every away game on the supporters bus. There may be other activities that he does not attend due to his age and frailty, however he always attends every Hibs game whether home or away.

From next season fans are no longer allowed to make use of this lift and the only options available are to move to an alternative seat in the stadium. My concerns regarding this prospect are that elderly people are resistant to change as it is unsettling for them and over the years my father has built up a rapport with the fans around him. Occasionally he attends the games alone and the familiarity of his existing seat and surrounding fans are therefore essential as elderly people are less confidant socially and physically as they grow older.

I would imagine that any spare seats that exist elsewhere in the stadium will be the less desirable ones. I therefore feel this grossly unfair and a discrimination against individuals with a disability as they are left with no option but to move seats because they are unable to access their existing seat without the aid of a lift. This will also apply to the individuals in wheelchairs. Although these people may be in the minority, this does not give justification for your decision making process; that did not involve fan consultation. Ultimately individuals like my father are being left with no option, other than relocation to a seat that they have limited choice in.

I fail to see the fairness and equality in this process. I look forward to your urgent response on this matter.

Thank you.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    At least you have been given over a season to think about it (but still not acceptable).
    I went through the exact same scenario with my dad last season, existing seating that was left was poor & had to wait until June to see if any decent seats were released.
    Below is letter I sent to LD.

For The Attention Of Leanne Dempster

I am contacting you on behalf of my 79 year old father. He has supported Hibs since 1945 and has always been a season ticket holder and purchases his ticket on the first day that they become available. His current season ticket is for the FF Upper and has been held since that stand was built. My father has a lift pass for this stand and would not be able to access his seat without this facility. He also attends every away game on the supporters bus. There may be other activities that he does not attend due to his age and frailty, however he always attends every Hibs game whether home or away.

From next season fans are no longer allowed to make use of this lift and the only options available are to move to an alternative seat in the stadium. My concerns regarding this prospect are that elderly people are resistant to change as it is unsettling for them and over the years my father has built up a rapport with the fans around him. Occasionally he attends the games alone and the familiarity of his existing seat and surrounding fans are therefore essential as elderly people are less confidant socially and physically as they grow older.

I would imagine that any spare seats that exist elsewhere in the stadium will be the less desirable ones. I therefore feel this grossly unfair and a discrimination against individuals with a disability as they are left with no option but to move seats because they are unable to access their existing seat without the aid of a lift. This will also apply to the individuals in wheelchairs. Although these people may be in the minority, this does not give justification for your decision making process; that did not involve fan consultation. Ultimately individuals like my father are being left with no option, other than relocation to a seat that they have limited choice in.

I fail to see the fairness and equality in this process. I look forward to your urgent response on this matter.

Thank you.

Here was her reply.

Thanks for your email and your

In regards to the accessible / disabled seats and the points you make below, I can understand your view but I am sorry but I do not agree with it or the suggestion that we are discriminating. There is so much more work going on with our accessible and disabled supporters, including widening of access, than you might think. We work very positively with the Hibernian Disabled Supporters Association including on issues of match experience, pricing, stadium improvements amongst many other items. We meet monthly at the stadium and this work has proven to be really worthwhile when we are thinking about stadium use, match day and services. We’ve just completed a Disability Access Appraisal with an external resource which we did proactively.

We did this so we would have more information about the stadium and covers elements such as planning for facilities for supporters who are blind or perhaps partially sighted, making sure that kiosk services are accessible to all with no barrier to service, changes in signage, considering the viability of a hearing loop and when this could be achieved, placing additional stewards in key support roles, policing and stewarding parking areas used and we have just purchased, installed and trained staff on Evac Chairs for internal areas where they are needed. Finally and for the first time on Saturday we were truly able to support our blind or partially sighted supporters with a full match commentary, bespoke to their needs via a new Bluetooth headset system with appropriate bespoke commentary. These are not the actions of a club that do not value their Disabled supporters.

Please don’t think that the closing of a lift which is over 20 years old suggest this. There are a number of other areas in the stadium which are accessible to all supporters, I understand that your dad may want to stay in his current seat but we can’t make that happen for the foreseeable future. There may be a solution that works in the months to come but I can’t guarantee it, what I can guarantee is that we will work with you and your dad to do our best to find him a solution that works for him. I am personally handling these discussions and moves for those supporters who have a lift pass so please respond directly to me. For information I am away from the club until Thursday afternoon but I am picking up email and will be able to respond. It would also be helpful to have his reference number of seat number if he does indeed decide to move.

With warm regards

Leeann

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    Here was her reply.

Thanks for your email and your

In regards to the accessible / disabled seats and the points you make below, I can understand your view but I am sorry but I do not agree with it or the suggestion that we are discriminating. There is so much more work going on with our accessible and disabled supporters, including widening of access, than you might think. We work very positively with the Hibernian Disabled Supporters Association including on issues of match experience, pricing, stadium improvements amongst many other items. We meet monthly at the stadium and this work has proven to be really worthwhile when we are thinking about stadium use, match day and services. We’ve just completed a Disability Access Appraisal with an external resource which we did proactively.

We did this so we would have more information about the stadium and covers elements such as planning for facilities for supporters who are blind or perhaps partially sighted, making sure that kiosk services are accessible to all with no barrier to service, changes in signage, considering the viability of a hearing loop and when this could be achieved, placing additional stewards in key support roles, policing and stewarding parking areas used and we have just purchased, installed and trained staff on Evac Chairs for internal areas where they are needed. Finally and for the first time on Saturday we were truly able to support our blind or partially sighted supporters with a full match commentary, bespoke to their needs via a new Bluetooth headset system with appropriate bespoke commentary. These are not the actions of a club that do not value their Disabled supporters.

Please don’t think that the closing of a lift which is over 20 years old suggest this. There are a number of other areas in the stadium which are accessible to all supporters, I understand that your dad may want to stay in his current seat but we can’t make that happen for the foreseeable future. There may be a solution that works in the months to come but I can’t guarantee it, what I can guarantee is that we will work with you and your dad to do our best to find him a solution that works for him. I am personally handling these discussions and moves for those supporters who have a lift pass so please respond directly to me. For information I am away from the club until Thursday afternoon but I am picking up email and will be able to respond. It would also be helpful to have his reference number of seat number if he does indeed decide to move.

With warm regards

Leeann
    Excellent reply from Leeann

Dempster isn't going to be moving your seats for ****s and giggles, it'll be for her on going progression of the club we all support, and if she needs me and the 4 other season ticket holders (same seats 5 years) to move for that then so be it, as long as I get to watch Hibs I'm not bothered. People saying they wont be renewing their season ticket is farcical. IMO of course.

Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    Anyone?
    I’ve got the same information as you but my guess would be that the OP was intended to make contact with lots of people in the same position and wasn’t for advertising the situation to the rest of us. If that group then contact the club, it’s sweet **** all to do with the rest of us.

Why do you think they should be making their case in public?

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Fantastic response from leeann yet again

Yet again Leeann comes up with a great reply.

She wont be doing this for the banter, there will be a very good reason for it and if its for the good of the team, why would you put up this pathetic protest?

I would move anywhere in the stadium if it meant the club was making more money, which in turns means what we see week in and week out is better.

The club are now in a position where need they need to maximize this upturn since the cup run and promotion, why would anyone put up a fight is beyond me.

Should be grateful that Hibs sold you these seats at the same price as everywhere else as they werent required to do it, should also be happy that they are consulting you first and asking you to move, as once again, they arent required to do it and could just shut that section.

Jeezo !! how thick are you ???? as mentioned plenty of times it's not the COMFY seats we are complaining about it's the fact we are being told to move, I like where I sit and it would not bother me if it was even a plastic seat. I am surrounded by a lot of decent people. Where do you sit and would you be happy if told to move I doubt it
    Ok find out how much the hospitality package that will go with the seats is going to cost for the seadon and pay the new rate. Sorted

Also if these are going for hospitality as everyone is assuming I wonder what that means for the recently reopened BTG?

Jeezo !! how thick are you ???? as mentioned plenty of times it's not the COMFY seats we are complaining about it's the fact we are being told to move, I like where I sit and it would not bother me if it was even a plastic seat. I am surrounded by a lot of decent people. Where do you sit and would you be happy if told to move I doubt it
    Ok find out how much the hospitality package that will go with the seats is going to cost for the seadon and pay the new rate. Sorted

Also if these are going for hospitality as everyone is assuming I wonder what tgat means for the recently reopened BTG?

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    Seats at the very far South end of the West Upper probably.
    You can quite clearly see the goal line from all the seats in the end rows of all the stands at Easter Road. Our only slightly restricted view ones are in the West where the railing at the doorway / exits can block part of the view of the pitch but you sre able to see the goals.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    You can quite clearly see the goal line from all the seats in the end rows of all the stands at Easter Road. Our only slightly restricted view ones are in the West where the railing at the doorway / exits can block part of the view of the pitch but you sre able to see the goals.
    I know what you can see,but you are actually behind the goal line.