hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I stood behind that goal for years, nobody emailed me when they decided to put bench seating in and take away my choice of where i watched Hibs.

I have had season tickets in the west and east since then, it makes no difference to me, its what's on the park i go to see, not where i see it from or who i sit next to that's important to me.

I had to move so the club could move forward and grow, it happens.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Promising Youngster
    Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I sit in a group of 9 but nevermind
    OK then what would your attitude be if asked to move and you all wanted to sit together, with the demand as it is now, I would strongly doubt they could fit you in together, except if you had to sit at the ends of the stands. This is the main problem. I'm sure many of us in section 50 would move if we could still sit together and also have a decent view of the park as we have now, but that will be impossible with the current demand.

Quote Originally Posted by kennedy View Post
    OK then what would your attitude be if asked to move and you all wanted to sit together, with the demand as it is now, I would strongly doubt they could fit you in together, except if you had to sit at the ends of the stands. This is the main problem. I'm sure many of us in section 50 would move if we could still sit together and also have a decent view of the park as we have now, but that will be impossible with the current demand.
    What have the club actually asked / said mate?

Quote Originally Posted by LustForLeith View Post
    So is there hospitality in the Famous Five? I never knew they had hospitality here
    Hospitality in the Famous Five Members Lounge was moved to the new West Stand when it opened in 2000.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    Very secret squirrel? Why has the decision been made to advertise this then hide the collective response to the club?
    Anyone?

Promising Youngster
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    What have the club actually asked / said mate?
    They have informed us ( official club mail out and official site) that they intend to change the use of the seating in section 50 for 2019/20 season and that we should consider relocating either now or at the end of next season

Deary me.

I understand the problem fine well. People are simply taking the huff because they are being told to do something, a type of behaviour that is closely associated with pre school children.

If I was told to move by the club I literally would not care a jot because I am not a 4 year old who stamps his feet and cries when told what to do
    So if the club told you to move so it could give your seat to one of the people being forced out of section 50 you'd be fine with that and wouldn't mind trying to get a seat elsewhere that wasn't at the end of a stand?
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    I sit in a group of 9 but nevermind
    There's no chance of relocating a group that size to a decent seat.

It's entirely reasonable to be unhappy about having to leave a group you've sat with for years unless you opt for a crap seat.
    Last edited by Speedy; 02-04-2018 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    So if the club told you to move so it could give your seat to one of the people being forced out of section 50 you'd be fine with that and wouldn't mind trying to get a seat elsewhere that wasn't at the end of a stand?
    Now there’s an idea

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Oh all very exciting, I wonder what the club has planned for 2019/20...

They have informed us ( official club mail out and official site) that they intend to change the use of the seating in section 50 for 2019/20 season and that we should consider relocating either now or at the end of next season
    The club have given plenty notice, and it's only a maybe just now anyway.
    It was always a possibility, given that they Are hospitality seats made standard because attendance was low. Now that attendance is up, it's fair enough for the club to look at making more money.

Promising Youngster
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    There's no chance of relocating a group that size to a decent seat.

It's entirely reasonable to be unhappy about having to leave an group you've sat with for years unless you opt for a crap seat.
    That comment is spot on, nothing to do with comfy seats, extra leg room etc it's having to move to a hopefully decent seat in another part of the stadium and keeping everyone in your group together. Just impossible

Promising Youngster
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbytam View Post
    The club have given plenty notice, and it's only a maybe just now anyway.
    It was always a possibility, given that they Are hospitality seats made standard because attendance was low. Now that attendance is up, it's fair enough for the club to look at making more money.
    I honestly don't think there would be a demand for another 200 (approx.) hospitality guests at normal fixtures. What happens if we go on a downward couple of seasons and corporate side of it slides away, what are we left with. The old faithful supporters I assume. We all want to see the club thrive, just don't think this is the best way. Just have to wait and see I suppose

I honestly don't think there would be a demand for another 200 (approx.) hospitality guests at normal fixtures. What happens if we go on a downward couple of seasons and corporate side of it slides away, what are we left with. The old faithful supporters I assume. We all want to see the club thrive, just don't think this is the best way. Just have to wait and see I suppose
    Then the seats would lie empty. You can’t buy a season ticket in the West seats although plenty would love to (view, lots of seats together, comfy seats) so I don’t see why it’s different in the FF.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    We already sit at the end of the stand. Was the only place we could get 9 together

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    You should have said that. I was under the impression that you had just been asked to move to another are of the ground where you would sit on a normal plastic seat like the other 15,000 people attending with an unobstructed view like the other 15,000 people attending.

If what you say is true then I agree with you, that’s out of order. I want to kno how are they paying for the giant pole? Presumably with the additional income made from increased hospitality sales?

Contrary to popular belief not all the seats in the stadium have perfect views. Following Hibs "strongly recommending" that we move due to the singing section and the lift, we were offered a few different seats in the end sections of the West and got to test them out. All them had some sort of obstruction, pretty major ones at that like no view of the goal line. The end sections of the East and West have hardly any STs in them for a reason. That reason is that the views from a significant part of them are sub-standard and hardly anyone wants to sit there. A few others have posted on this site backing up my view that there are most definitely obstructed view seats at ER that aren't listed as such. That was just for me and my dad. It will be a worse situation for those in larger groups.

So is there hospitality in the Famous Five? I never knew they had hospitality here
    They don't just now and haven't for a number of years - probably since Behind the Goals came into existence. It used to be in the suites where BTG was and the glass windows at the back of the FF Lower were executive boxes. If there is a plan to reintroduce a suite in the FF, what is happening to the NHS facility as that was meant to be in there?

The easiest way to fix this is to give those in section 50 first dibs in the SJM NE corner. Say at, 50% off. Done.

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Contrary to popular belief not all the seats in the stadium have perfect views. Following Hibs "strongly recommending" that we move due to the singing section and the lift, we were offered a few different seats in the end sections of the West and got to test them out. All them had some sort of obstruction, pretty major ones at that like no view of the goal line. The end sections of the East and West have hardly any STs in them for a reason. That reason is that the views from a significant part of them are sub-standard and hardly anyone wants to sit there. A few others have posted on this site backing up my view that there are most definitely obstructed view seats at ER that aren't listed as such. That was just for me and my dad. It will be a worse situation for those in larger groups.

They don't just now and haven't for a number of years - probably since Behind the Goals came into existence. It used to be in the suites where BTG was and the glass windows at the back of the FF Lower were executive boxes. If there is a plan to reintroduce a suite in the FF, what is happening to the NHS facility as that was meant to be in there?
    That’s what I was thinking.

I’m sure there was hospitality in that end when Rangers won the league at Easter Road.

When they scored everybody started to celebrate in hospitality, clearly Rangers fans. So lots Of Hibs fans stood up in front of the boxes to block their view.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoYO! View Post
    The easiest way to fix this is to give those in section 50 first dibs in the SJM NE corner. Say at, 50% off. Done.

Lack of seats + restricted views = fill in the corners.

Don't know about 50% off though. They've had padded seats at no extra cost for years, charge them an extra £100 I say.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    That’s what I was thinking.

I’m sure there was hospitality in that end when Rangers won the league at Easter Road.

When they scored everybody started to celebrate in hospitality, clearly Rangers fans. So lots Of Hibs fans stood up in front of the boxes to block their view.
    Can remember everyone who had ST’s in the FF upper, myself included back then, receiving letters from the club warning them of their behaviour towards visiting “guests” who attracted a bit of attention on occasion against certain opposition whilst celebrating goals and goading home fans from the black seats. Can remember being livid about this as the behaviour warnings should really have been sent to our visitors.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Can remember everyone who had ST’s in the FF upper, myself included back then, receiving letters from the club warning them of their behaviour towards visiting “guests” who attracted a bit of attention on occasion against certain opposition whilst celebrating goals and goading home fans from the black seats. Can remember being livid about this as the behaviour warnings should really have been sent to our visitors.
    Yeah, remember that well. I had my seat in adjoining section 23 - still do. The behaviour of some of the visiting hospitality users, particularly Rangers, was unacceptable, yet the club saw fit to send warning letters to our season ticket holders. Many of us complained to the club about their handling of the situation at the time.
    Certainly wouldn't want to have to go through similar again.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Harp View Post
    Yeah, remember that well. I had my seat in adjoining section 23 - still do. The behaviour of some of the visiting hospitality users, particularly Rangers, was unacceptable, yet the club saw fit to send warning letters to our season ticket holders. Many of us complained to the club about their handling of the situation at the time.
    Certainly wouldn't want to have to go through similar again.
    Think the letter was from the late Dougie Cromb and pretty much admonishing the home support in the FF Upper for not being welcoming to visiting fans in the black seats.

A good decent Hibs man but he got this badly wrong IMO. Trying and struggling to imagine Hibs fans being allowed to behave in such a way in the home section at Ibrox or Tynecastle.

The issue was at its worst the first season of the new FF Stand, 95-96. The corporates in the black seats shared a stairway with the ordinary fans. By 96-97 an extra stairway and dividing barrier had been created at a loss of 2 seats. My 3rd seat along became the aisle end seat and 22 years later I'm still in the same seat.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieFitbaTeam View Post
    In my opinion the type of seat is very far from immaterial. Those are premium seats which under any other circumstances would come at a premium price. I don't think you can claim it's some sort of additional "kick in the teeth" just because you've been there through the "tough times" - haven't we all - when you've had those hard times a bit cushier (pun intended ) than most.

I agree though that the process, how it's handled, is potentially a different matter.
    Nope as others have confirmed the type of seat is indeed immaterial and is not the issue that really bothers them.

I done hospitality in the FF, sitting in those comfy seats back in the 90’s. Drew with the gunts!

I welcome hospitality back. Those who are sitting there can move to another part of the FF. Sitting in the plastic seats dae no harm whatsoever.

Not happy about all the “ aye just move responses “ This as long as u have a seat nonsense. A few are at the wind up. I’m no happy about the plans. Right from season 2019/2020 no seats are guaranteed and it’s a free for all to get your st.

Promising Youngster
    Quote Originally Posted by WestStandWillie View Post
    I done hospitality in the FF, sitting in those comfy seats back in the 90’s. Drew with the gunts!

I welcome hospitality back. Those who are sitting there can move to another part of the FF. Sitting in the plastic seats dae no harm whatsoever.
    Why don't you read the whole thread first, there are no other seats available in the Ff Stand to take the 200 ticket holders

We don't need more hospitality as half of them are usually emepty. Just let the folk thay are there have the seats Hibs!

I'm actually pretty jealous of the leather.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    We don't need more hospitality as half of them are usually emepty. Just let the folk thay are there have the seats Hibs!

I'm actually pretty jealous of the leather.
    I think the internal hospitality on the West is mostly full, but we have too many seats in the upper for it. Should release some of these for season ticket holders?
    I’m presuming they want to have hospitality in the North Stand, and use the padded seats for them to watch the game

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post

Lost me with that comment. No view of the goal-line? I think you have another Edinburgh ground in mind.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    Lost me with that comment. No view of the goal-line? I think you have another Edinburgh ground in mind.
    Seats at the very far South end of the West Upper probably.