hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know what you can see,but you are actually behind the goal line.
    ...and so is everybody in the FF and South stands. God help us if Petrie ever fills in the corners then😆

2. Log in to remove the advert

Charge them more money, I agree with all who suggested this. If they want the better seat with extra legroom on a plane, you gotta pay a premium and so they should! And if they don't want to, then that's their choice so they can't blame anyone. Simple really.
    Last edited by Swedish hibee; 03-04-2018 at 01:36 PM.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    ...and so is everybody in the FF and South stands. God help us if Petrie ever fills in the corners then😆
    Yes very good. However paying for a seat in the side stand and having that view is awful.

@hibs.net private member
    Yes very good. However paying for a seat in the side stand and having that view is awful.
    Less desirable maybe but awful? You don't think that's taking it too far? I would argue there is no such thing as an awful view at ER. Just ask the people sat behind a control room at Tynecastle.

I imagine that the occupants of these rather good seats in the FF have had to pinch themselves at their good fortune for four or five years. If they are being realistic, they will have known it would come to an end one day.

Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    Less desirable maybe but awful? You don't think that's taking it too far? I would argue there is no such thing as an awful view at ER. Just ask the people sat behind a control room at Tynecastle.

I imagine that the occupants of these rather good seats in the FF have had to pinch themselves at their good fortune for four or five years. If they are being realistic, they will have known it would come to an end one day.
    It isn't a fundamental human right to always have the same seat.

Let's be serious the club haven't just done this as a spur of the moment decision. It's obviously been thought through and looked into and decided that it is best for the club to go forward with this.

Time will tell if it is successful but I doubt the club would take the decision to inconvience supporters lightly

Left by mutual consent!
    How did the people in them manage to get they seats in the first place? Imo it should be seen as privileged to be sitting in the comfy seats with no extra charge so I don't see why they shouldn't accept moving to benefit the club.

Promising Youngster
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaststandee View Post
    Dempster isn't going to be moving your seats for ****s and giggles, it'll be for her on going progression of the club we all support, and if she needs me and the 4 other season ticket holders (same seats 5 years) to move for that then so be it, as long as I get to watch Hibs I'm not bothered. People saying they wont be renewing their season ticket is farcical. IMO of course.
    OK for arguments sake it was decided by health and safety that on the east terracing section 41 (half way line) that rows S and T had to be taken away to make a pathway between 39 and 42 purely for safety reasons as there is a big gap from top to bottom in the case of an emergency, would they season ticket holders be annoyed ?? course they would be. Only an example not in the know, well maybe I am, so plan where you guys are going to sit season after next, suggest the ends of the east terracing because that will be the only available space.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzee16 View Post
    How did the people in them manage to get they seats in the first place? Imo it should be seen as privileged to be sitting in the comfy seats with no extra charge so I don't see why they shouldn't accept moving to benefit the club.
    Probably because they were available on the ST plan like every other one?

Not jumping into his on either side as I've no idea where the club propose to move those fans. Hopefully it's all worked out to everyones satisfaction.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    Probably because they were available on the ST plan like every other one?

Not jumping into his on either side as I've no idea where the club propose to move those fans. Hopefully it's all worked out to everyones satisfaction.
    True, I've never looked to see if advertised personally so I can't argue.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    It isn't a fundamental human right to always have the same seat.
    Unless I've missed it, no one has said it is?

Of course they are going to be a tad put out if they can't find seats that they consider to be decent though, as would most people.

I agree they have to move and the club are doing the best they can but I can understand their frustration.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 03-04-2018 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post

No I don't, seats 1&2 are awful, you couldn't pay me to watch from them.

My seats are Barry , this is fun !

Quote Originally Posted by Clerie Green View Post
    My seats are Barry , this is fun !
    So are mine 😁

Drama queen

I agree they have to move
    Good, I agree.

So are mine 😁
    A man in the pub told me that my seats are barryer than yours !

@hibs.net private member
    In which section? Not doubting you but maybe need to check it out myself. In the mean time, seems to me there are a number of good seats available in the FF but if there are 250 people looking for seats right now it may be prudent for those affected to get one of those sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by kennedy View Post
    OK for arguments sake it was decided by health and safety that on the east terracing section 41 (half way line) that rows S and T had to be taken away to make a pathway between 39 and 42 purely for safety reasons as there is a big gap from top to bottom in the case of an emergency, would they season ticket holders be annoyed ?? course they would be. Only an example not in the know, well maybe I am, so plan where you guys are going to sit season after next, suggest the ends of the east terracing because that will be the only available space.
    I'm sure a few would be disgruntled, but me personally I would not. I understand the frustration of having to move don't get me wrong, but it's just that in my opinion. Absolutely no reason to stop buying a season ticket or trying to get a group together to try and halt stadium improvements.

Does other people having to move make you feel better?

Have to agree with that, though I'd extend it a bit further than just 1 and 2.

I think the club should assist the current ST holders in Section 50 by helping them to find seats with a decent view, either in FF Upper or in reasonably good seats in the East or West.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Drama queen
    Okay sweetness whatever you say xx
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 03-04-2018 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clerie Green View Post
    A man in the pub told me that my seats are barryer than yours !

Man speaks with forked tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    But putting all that aside, have these folk had STs at normal prices but got better seats for the last few years?
    These are the same fans that had to watch the dross before Stubbs and Lennon in the better seats though.

You could argue it was more of a punishment as there was less of a restricted view

Quote Originally Posted by Swedish hibee View Post
    Charge them more money, I agree with all who suggested this. If they want the better seat with extra legroom on a plane, you gotta pay a premium and so they should! And if they don't want to, then that's their choice so they can't blame anyone. Simple really.
    Extra legroom ?? Who started this myth?

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzee16 View Post
    It’s only benefitting the club if these seats are full every game!!!

Moving 2-300 fans some elderly risks them
    Not going st all and may end up costing money

@hibs.net private member
    Haven't read the whole thread so apologies in advance if this point has been clarified. Is it confirmed the move is for hospitality of are people just assuming this?

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    I sit in s50 and have done for about 5 years. The issue as I understand it is that these seats are not being sold at the price that the club believes that they are valued at. They are legacy seats that were used for CH when CH was in the FF stand. IMO the seats are being sold at a very good price to the fans. They do not come with CH now. If the club was to add another hundred pound that would still be a fair price IMO.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    This thread has some weird arguments going on.

It is so, so simple.

The club seem to be saying that there's new plans for certain seats in the next season or so, so it's advisable for those in the seats right now to start thinking now about moving to a new location.

Any season ticket holder in any part of the stadium would have an issue with that if they couldn't find similar quality seats elsewhere for their wee group (and I don't mean nice, soft and roomy!) .

The question now is how are Hibs going to facilitate the impacted fans getting seats with a similar quality view elsewhere in the stadium?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Promising Youngster
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    I sit in s50 and have done for about 5 years. The issue as I understand it is that these seats are not being sold at the price that the club believes that they are valued at. They are legacy seats that were used for CH when CH was in the FF stand. IMO the seats are being sold at a very good price to the fans. They do not come with CH now. If the club was to add another hundred pound that would still be a fair price IMO.
    This topic seems to have died a bit, looking at the prices for this Thursdays game v Molde our seats in section 50 are classed as executive seats for purchasing with an adult price of £32.00 compared to £23.00 for the rest of the FF upper. Maybe an indication as to what may happen next season. A price hike now looks very likely if we want to keep sitting where we are.

This way the club gets out of forcing season ticketholders to move, as they might do it themselves, if the increase is on the high side

@hibs.net private member Green_one's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by kennedy View Post
    This topic seems to have died a bit, looking at the prices for this Thursdays game v Molde our seats in section 50 are classed as executive seats for purchasing with an adult price of £32.00 compared to £23.00 for the rest of the FF upper. Maybe an indication as to what may happen next season. A price hike now looks very likely if we want to keep sitting where we are.

This way the club gets out of forcing season ticketholders to move, as they might do it themselves, if the increase is on the high side
    Seems fair. I do though think the club can move fans as it requires for commercial or H&S reasons. Many of us sit in seats that are not ideal particularly the PATG folk. My own seat was not a first choice and it has no added features. Maybe you guys could crowd fund me to the posh seats.

Not clear why they want the seats, so it’s difficult to have a hard opinion. ST seating has issues at all clubs