hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

FAO Season Ticket Holders In Section 50

That's the black seats in the Upper FF. Could you drop me a PM if you have a season ticket in Section 50.

It's about the club's proposal to move us out of that section from season 2019/20.

Ta.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Promising Youngster
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's the black seats in the Upper FF. Could you drop me a PM if you have a season ticket in Section 50.

It's about the club's proposal to move us out of that section from season 2019/20.

Ta.
    If you are trying to get support against the planned move by the club you can count on myself and family friends (total 11) season ticket holders in section 50

What's the reason behind the move?

Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    What's the reason behind the move?

to use the seats for Hospitality i'd imagine?

First Team Breakthrough budgiemcb's Avatar
    Drop you a PM mate.

Thanks to those who have PM'd so far. I'll wait to see if there are any more and reply to all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    to use the seats for Hospitality i'd imagine?
    Wasn't sure if it was to do with the singing section

Fans reps should be able to help

Ten of us been there for five years through the championship crap etc. We were not asked to move then. Football and making money who gives a about the fans.

Bump.

Thanks to those who have PM'd so far. I'll wait to see if there are any more and reply to all at once.
    More people in the section starting to find out about this now I think Mike. Heard a few talking about it yesterday, our group will support anything that makes the club think twice about this.

@hibs.net private member StevieT's Avatar
    PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by 1648 View Post
    Ten of us been there for five years through the championship crap etc. We were not asked to move then. Football and making money who gives a about the fans.
    We`re the same. We paid extra initially when we moved in there but they eventually made it the same price as the non padded seats. I think many in there have been through the "tough times" as well so this move if it happens would be a bit of a kick in the teeth and there`s not many decent seats left to move us to.

Thanks to those who have PM'd me. I'm still hearing from new people this morning so I'll give it until later today before replying.

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    Pm sent

You all have a PM!

@hibs.net private member hibbymac's Avatar
    You all have a PM!
    Cheers Mike
    " Whatever the future may hold, Fans of this unique club will stand firm in Hibernians corner. Yes, united they stand, those wonderful supporters and The greatest football club on earth, " - Hibernian F.C. The team that wouldn't die. Click here

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Is there any reason that people are so precious about their seats other than the primary school attitude of “we were here first so eff off”?

@hibs.net private member hibbymac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    Is there any reason that people are so precious about their seats other than the primary school attitude of “we were here first so eff off”?
    how do you reach that conclusion?
    " Whatever the future may hold, Fans of this unique club will stand firm in Hibernians corner. Yes, united they stand, those wonderful supporters and The greatest football club on earth, " - Hibernian F.C. The team that wouldn't die. Click here

Maybe because they like being their which is why they chose those seats?

You’ve probably got a point if there were loads of other seats to choose from but I can’t imagine there is. I’ve got a peach of a seat and I’d be mightily pissed off if Hibs insisted I moved and I had to choose a new one right now, whilst STs are at record numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    You’ve probably got a point if there were loads of other seats to choose from but I can’t imagine there is. I’ve got a peach of a seat and I’d be mightily pissed off if Hibs insisted I moved and I had to choose a new one right now, whilst STs are at record numbers.
    If hibs are desperate to get these seat back to use for hospitality then they need to offer the current holders equivalent seats in the stadium and maybe a free hospitality game as good measure

If the supporters aren’t willing to move or no equivalent seats can be found for them then IMO hibs need to then just work around it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    They could just increase the price of the high demand seats? We are a business after all...

@hibs.net private member
    Very secret squirrel? Why has the decision been made to advertise this then hide the collective response to the club?

Could it be that the club intend to remove the padded seats and replace them with standard ones. Such a plan would increase number of seats by 2 possibly 3 seats per row which would increase capacity in FF stand

I have sat in section 50 a few times. Stumbled across these seats once when I made a late decision to travel up. They are decent, bigger and padded. I'd pay more than the the 22 quid to sit in them. Great in the winter.
    Cougars!!!

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 60yearahibby View Post
    Could it be that the club intend to remove the padded seats and replace them with standard ones. Such a plan would increase number of seats by 2 possibly 3 seats per row which would increase capacity in FF stand
    If that was the case, surely they would have said this in there communication to the current seat holders

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    We are in the same position re FF Lower (family stand). We had to relocate for this season because of the lift issue. We tried out various seats in other stands and believe me there are none suitable. We were given our current seats by the Club and have been told we’ll need to relocate next season again. I do not know where the club are going to put everyone they want to move. We actually wanted to keep our great seats in FF Upper for this season and relocate for any match my Mum could make. The Club said that wouldn’t be the best idea and practically forced us to move. It’s now backfired on us massively. How they are going to get round this is anyone’s guess but you’ll be hard pushed to find a decent seat elsewhere in the stadium.

@hibs.net private member BonnieFitbaTeam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Feed McGraw View Post
    We`re the same. We paid extra initially when we moved in there but they eventually made it the same price as the non padded seats. I think many in there have been through the "tough times" as well so this move if it happens would be a bit of a kick in the teeth and there`s not many decent seats left to move us to.
    Let me get this straight; you're paying the same as the rest of us but you've got a comfy, padded seat with plenty of legroom and the best view in the house, and you're whining about the "tough times" that the rest of us had to endure in crappy, hard, plastic seats?
    At Easter Road They Play.....

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    If that was the case, surely they would have said this in there communication to the current seat holders
    There also wouldn’t be a need to move people out. From my experience of the Singing section and lift moves, you have very little chance of getting an equivalent decent seat elsewhere and it will probably be worse now than it was then.

I also think quite a few people moved into section 50 when they were moved from section 25, so it will be annoying for them to have to move again.