hibs.net Messageboard

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    @hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I actually thought Devine was a wee bit unlucky. His second yellow although a foul was no more than that. I don’t think it should have been yellow.
    Even Archibald said it was a ridiculous challenge and had no complaints.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Jakhog1 View Post
    Really enjoyed the game today as it was my wee boys first game at Easter Road, surprised that he stayed for the duration of the game seeing as it was cold and the first half was not great, but much better performance the second half and can agree that Whittaker substitution changed the tempo even though at the time I thought it was a strange one, I thought Ambrose was my mom though and strolled the game. My boy is hooked and even asked when leaving if he could go back again, great day out even getting him the full kit for twenty quid, an absolute steel, first thing he wanted to put on when we got home then straight upstairs for a football, thanks hibs for giving my boy a win on his first time at Easter Road, I had no doubt.
    He's got a 100% record

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Seems I’m in the minority. Right in front of me and yes it’s a foul. Yes he didn’t need to make the challenge but my immediate impression was yellow was harsh.

Hard fought win but not a great performance, sometimes you need to win ugly, Dallas spoilt the game for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakhog1 View Post
    Really enjoyed the game today as it was my wee boys first game at Easter Road, surprised that he stayed for the duration of the game seeing as it was cold and the first half was not great, but much better performance the second half and can agree that Whittaker substitution changed the tempo even though at the time I thought it was a strange one, I thought Ambrose was my mom though and strolled the game. My boy is hooked and even asked when leaving if he could go back again, great day out even getting him the full kit for twenty quid, an absolute steel, first thing he wanted to put on when we got home then straight upstairs for a football, thanks hibs for giving my boy a win on his first time at Easter Road, I had no doubt.
    LOL. He’ll be back. As you say, at least he saw a win. My first game was a 2-2 draw but that didn’t stop me going back and I still am - 55 years later!!

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    He's got a 100% record
    He is just a glory hunter, in his short 5 years he has seen a scottish cup win, hibs regulary pumping hearts and winning most weeks, great start to his first live match, hope it continues for a long time, its a great time to be a hibee, thanks for the heads up famous fiver on the natural order video that you mentioned he is in bed now but will be essential viewing tommorow..

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Today was a real slog, we never got going until we scored but once we did, there was only going to be one winner.

Sets us up nicely for Tuesday night, and I think that'll be a similar game, unfortunately.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Seems I’m in the minority. Right in front of me and yes it’s a foul. Yes he didn’t need to make the challenge but my immediate impression was yellow was harsh.
    Totally agree.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Looks worse on the tv from that angle. I can see why it’s been given.
    Last edited by greenlex; 02-04-2018 at 05:06 PM.

Looks worse on the tv from that angle. I can see his it’s been given.
    I was the same as you mate. At the game thought it was harsh but having seen it on TV the ref was correct to book him

@hibs.net private member
    He had a few fouls after the first yellow that could have merited a yellow, so i think he was finally given his marching orders due to the accumulation of fouls not necessarily that specific foul.

Left by mutual consent!
    What struck me during the game was how badly Thistle must have played at Tynecastle to concede three goals to the yams a couple of weeks ago as I thought they looked quite decent on Saturday, especially in the first half. However, they pointed out on Sportscene that Archibald had made five changes to the side so I guess he got the balance better.

Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    What struck me during the game was how badly Thistle must have played at Tynecastle to concede three goals to the yams a couple of weeks ago as I thought they looked quite decent on Saturday, especially in the first half. However, they pointed out on Sportscene that Archibald had made five changes to the side so I guess he got the balance better.
    I actually thought we got away with a poor performance (especially in first half) because they were poor.

As for the challenge discussed above. I thought it was a shocker at the time.. having watched the highlights I still think it was a clear yellow card. Stupid challenge when on a booking.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    I actually thought we got away with a poor performance (especially in first half) because they were poor.

As for the challenge discussed above. I thought it was a shocker at the time.. having watched the highlights I still think it was a clear yellow card. Stupid challenge when on a booking.
    Yes, I take your point. We were well below par in the first half which probably gave Thistle a bit of encouragement, but having witnessed how bang average Hearts are this season I'd have thought that if Thistle had displayed even some of the positivity they showed at ER they wouldn't have lost so meekly at Tynecastle.

Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    Yes, I take your point. We were well below par in the first half which probably gave Thistle a bit of encouragement, but having witnessed how bang average Hearts are this season I'd have thought that if Thistle had displayed even some of the positivity they showed at ER they wouldn't have lost so meekly at Tynecastle.
    Yep fair enough - and you’re correct re hearts. :)

Left by mutual consent!
    Hibs are a scalp whereas Hertz are a run of the mill game for teams like Partick so it’s no surprise they raise their game to play us.