Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That ref was horrendous.
    Ruined it.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I think Joshua wins.

It's a decent test for him but I've never been blown away by Parker, he didn't look at all impressive v Hughie Fury and looked laboured v Cojanu; albeit he must have have been a nightmare to look good against. Parker is pretty quick but Joshua coming in as light as he has will counter than to an extent. I'm sure it's just talk from Parker and an attempt to get the red mist to come down but I don't think Joshua is as chinny as he is sayig. He took a monster of a punch from Klitschko and whilst he went down he got back up, survived the crisis and won the fight. Not many guys get hit like that by WK and get back up.

Joshua late stoppage or UD with Parker putting in a good showing I reckon.
    .....I'm pretty sure I'm right here.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Parker much better than I thought,deserves to be at world level.clever performance from Joshua used his jab well but not the usual fireworks we expect from him.

Quote Originally Posted by hibs#1 View Post
    The world's longest national anthem.
    It was the Samoan AND NZ national anthems.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Joshua did a very professional job on Parker. It wasn’t exciting to watch, but he won’t be bothered about that. The question is, how good is Joshua? It’s hard to see anyone out there that’s likely to overly trouble him. Whyte would be a good fight, but I don’t see why he would have anymore of a chance than the last time, and Fury as a lot to prove.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    It was the Samoan AND NZ national anthems.
    The disrespect shown by the crowd was appalling.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    It's always the case at these events. A huge gathering of pissed up 'lads' with no real regard for the sport. I remember being at the Braehead when Curtis Woodhouse was TKOd by Willie Limond, he was a bit unsteady for a few minutes and a bunch of guys next to me were screaming he was an 'English poof' and 'I hope you ****ing die ya ****'. Classy. The same guys were making monkey noises at Wadi Camacho the same night.

I've never understood how difficult it is to stand quietly for an anthem and show a bit respect to anybody brave enough to actually get in the ring in the 1st place.

Pretty awful fight. AJ lucky it’s a pretty weak division just now.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Same thing happened at the previous fight v Hughie Fury. I don’t think many are aware it’s two anthems. The NZ one also has a Maori verse followed by an English one so it does last quite a while! Still, booing is poor form.

I don't really understand the reaction to AJ after the fight, not really on here but across social media and some of the media.

A few years back when Joshua was blowing away journeymen it was 'wait until this guy from NZ Parker gets a hold of him'. The fight is made, Joshua shows a more than decent level of boxing skill and beats a live opponent pretty comfortably and it's 'that was boring', 'look how poor he is when in with a real boxer'.

I think the mists of time make everyone believe there was never a bad (tactical?) heavyweight fight pre 2005. Ali, Frasier, Foreman et al were in a few stinkers and had their share of points wins. Lennox Lewis was a master at keeping distance with the jab and throwing the big right sparingly; he was booed out the ring for doing exactly that to another famous Kiwi many moons ago.

Though they won't admit it I actually think Fury, Wilder, Povetkin etc will be more worried seeing Joshua box to a plan and show some skill behind the jab than they may have been if he had gone in and tried to blast Parker out.

I thought both boxed well, Joshua used his attributes well and was the better boxer over the piece.

Left by mutual consent!
    I don't really understand the reaction to AJ after the fight, not really on here but across social media and some of the media.

A few years back when Joshua was blowing away journeymen it was 'wait until this guy from NZ Parker gets a hold of him'. The fight is made, Joshua shows a more than decent level of boxing skill and beats a live opponent pretty comfortably and it's 'that was boring', 'look how poor he is when in with a real boxer'.

I think the mists of time make everyone believe there was never a bad (tactical?) heavyweight fight pre 2005. Ali, Frasier, Foreman et al were in a few stinkers and had their share of points wins. Lennox Lewis was a master at keeping distance with the jab and throwing the big right sparingly; he was booed out the ring for doing exactly that to another famous Kiwi many moons ago.

Though they won't admit it I actually think Fury, Wilder, Povetkin etc will be more worried seeing Joshua box to a plan and show some skill behind the jab than they may have been if he had gone in and tried to blast Parker out.

I thought both boxed well, Joshua used his attributes well and was the better boxer over the piece.

Excellent summary.

Agree mostly but I don’t think many were saying “wait till Parker gets hold of him”. Parker’s career has followed a similar, if less spectacular, trajectory to Joshua. Certainly nobody in NZ thought of him as the favourite in this match. If anything, he’s proven a few people wrong who thought he was nowhere near Joshua. Probably me included, if I’m honest.

Left by mutual consent!
    Wilder confirmed today he is willing to fight AJ in the UK this summer, 60/40 split agreed apparantly. I really hope they get this signed off as soon as possible and before any mandatory fights are set in place.