hibs.net Messageboard

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Dundee Utd.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cheers I knew only half of the 2nd placed teams went through but didn't realise it was a certainty that they were out at this stage.
    Haven’t looked at all the tables, but think you’ll need a min of 8, and possibly 9 points to get 4 of the runners up spots

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Think they can now only get 5 points. There’s no way they will get one of the top 4, 2nd placed spots with that amount of points, or am I missing something’s too😄
    I've just checked the results from the last 2 years since the format changed into the group stages and the lowest number of points a 2nd placed team has managed to qualify with is 9 points so I can see now that they're knackered.

Dundee Utd had a similar plight to us. Years of decline, selling off their best players and replacing them with rubbish ultimately leading to relegation. Unlike us though, they seem to be struggling to properly rebuild. They are in a far poorer championship than what we were in especially in our first 2 years but they are still struggling.

I would like to see them come up, I think they are a far better addition to the Premiership than the likes of Hamilton.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post
    Dundee Utd had a similar plight to us. Years of decline, selling off their best players and replacing them with rubbish ultimately leading to relegation. Unlike us though, they seem to be struggling to properly rebuild. They are in a far poorer championship than what we were in especially in our first 2 years but they are still struggling.

I would like to see them come up, I think they are a far better addition to the Premiership than the likes of Hamilton.
    United was much more sudden. They’d had about 10 years of consecutive top 6 finished before suddenly being relegated.

We had it coming for three or 4 years

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    United was much more sudden. They’d had about 10 years of consecutive top 6 finished before suddenly being relegated.

We had it coming for three or 4 years
    At least! After the league cup winning team in 2007 things began to decline, we had a couple of ok seasons between then and relegation but in general the club really was only heading one way. As I mentioned on another thread, any talent we had was sold off and replaced with garbage. Season after season of mediocre signings sadly had become the norm. We blame Butcher, and rightly so, for the relegation but he was only the last in a long line of people who got us there.

Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post
    At least! After the league cup winning team in 2007 things began to decline, we had a couple of ok seasons between then and relegation but in general the club really was only heading one way. As I mentioned on another thread, any talent we had was sold off and replaced with garbage. Season after season of mediocre signings sadly had become the norm. We blame Butcher, and rightly so, for the relegation but he was only the last in a long line of people who got us there.
    Which, unfortunately, mirrored exactly the decline on two occasions following the League Cup wins in 1972 and 1991 which led to relegation within 7 years!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    There’s a United fan and ST holder on the till of my works local Tesco express. He’s been taking all this very hard. He’s a decent guy who doesn’t like the jambos so I have real sympathy for him. For the sake of this guys mental health, I’d like to see United promoted this season. He doesn’t like Czaba buy reckons they’re stuck with him due to lack of funds. He’s seriously worried for the future of his club if they don’t get promoted this season. I’m really no looking forward to seeing him on Monday, he’ll have that forced smile he needs to have for his work but I’ll know how he really feels after the weekend results.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vince1973 View Post
    There’s a United fan and ST holder on the till of my works local Tesco express. He’s been taking all this very hard. He’s a decent guy who doesn’t like the jambos so I have real sympathy for him. For the sake of this guys mental health, I’d like to see United promoted this season. He doesn’t like Czaba buy reckons they’re stuck with him due to lack of funds. He’s seriously worried for the future of his club if they don’t get promoted this season. I’m really no looking forward to seeing him on Monday, he’ll have that forced smile he needs to have for his work but I’ll know how he really feels after the weekend results.
    I feel that guys pain seen it done it got the tee shirt! I feel that much as Laslo is a nice guy and an ex jambo so and so if they stick with him they are doomed better to get rid start again and perhaps bring in someone with a United back ground to perhaps give the fans some belief some hope going into the new season. This from a poster that you will know hates United!

Quote Originally Posted by 0762 View Post
    Steven Thompson has single handily put that club on its knees.
    Shambles of a club now. Stadiums run down and in need of replacement.
    Selling off its Academy Pitch to the pension fund of their new Chairman!

Eddie Thompson would be ashamed of what his son has done.
    This for me But they have brought it on themselves and were punching well above their weight for years so they are now going to have to probably change Manager again and gamble on getting up this Season
    Financially a disaster if they stay down again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dundee United 2 v 3 Dunfermline

Dear Oh dear!

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post

Dear Oh dear!
    Not the best start

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

Dear Oh dear!
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    Not the best start

1-0 up today to 1-3 down in the space of around 25 second half minutes, just like us under Butcher and and Fenlon et al

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Caaba was always going to be a shocking appointment. I’ve no idea how they went from Stubbs to him in their recruitment process.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Caaba was always going to be a shocking appointment. I’ve no idea how they went from Stubbs to him in their recruitment process.
    I think they must have just offered him the job to get him to shut the f up.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Stubbs told them he did not want to take his application further. There were not many other applicants. Think Stephen Thompson scared everyone off.

They certainly look to be in trouble and if crowds drop off who knows how it will develop?

Relegation? Administration?

Left by mutual consent!
    Laszlo to get punted by Christmas and Jim McIntyre to come in?

Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    They certainly look to be in trouble and if crowds drop off who knows how it will develop?

Relegation? Administration?
    They had 6,542 at the game v Dunfermline today. Yes would have been a decent crowd up from Dunfermline, but it was the 2nd biggest crowd in Scotland today. More than at Hamilton, Killie and St mirren Park
    We could really do with the likes of United and Pars in the Premiership. Offer much more than Hamilton and Livvi, but they have to do it on the park, to earn the right to be in the Premiership

Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    Laszlo to get punted by Christmas and Jim McIntyre to come in?
    He won’t last until the end of august, if he doesn’t any get results in their next 2 league game

I appreciate your point, Billy but if these results continue will the crowds stay the same?

Time will tell.

A successful Dundee United with big crowds would be a great addition to the Premier League but I just can't see it happening unless things change dramatically.

Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    I appreciate your point, Billy but if these results continue will the crowds stay the same?

Time will tell.

A successful Dundee United with big crowds would be a great addition to the Premier League but I just can't see it happening unless things change dramatically.
    I agree, and no they won’t remain high, that’s why they have to turn it round this month in my opinion.

Dundee United are in danger of becoming another Falkirk or Raith Rovers and just fading away. I'm actually starting to feel for their fans. Must have been brutal being a United fan since around 2015. We thought we had it bad being down there for 3 seasons but we always looked likely to come back up. They're just stagnating.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    They were arrogant throbbers when in the championship with us. Particularly that fud on here. Meh

Oh ma aching sides! 😂

@hibs.net private member
    I actually want them back in the prem along with Dundee staying up, more Derby’s makes it more interesting and better for the league.

Left by mutual consent!
    Fantastic

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Oh ma aching sides! 😂
    That is an absolutely horrendous result for them.

@hibs.net private member
    Would prefer them in the top league than the likes of Hamilton, Livingston or Ayr. I would choose Ayr over the other 2 though.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Would prefer them in the top league than the likes of Hamilton, Livingston or Ayr. I would choose Ayr over the other 2 though.
    Hamilton and Livvy nice short away trips

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancehibs View Post
    Hamilton and Livvy nice short away trips
    Dundee isn’t exactly the other side of the world. Not a bad day out.

Dundee United always bring a larger away support than either of them so are worth more money to us. For tv audiences a far better image than those plastic pitches.