hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dundee Utd.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    They are in deep do do. Don't be surprised if they are fighting relegation or a relegation play of next season. They will have to bin the high earners to keep the wage bill down.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Don’t care either way. They’re just another run of the mill Scottish club like Motherwell, Falkirk etc. If they stay down then so be it, if they come up any time soon then well done. If they do make it back up though they’ll be fighting relegation for a good while.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Dig a hole and bury them.

Will never forgive them for relegating us twenty years ago although we have only ourselves (Jim Duffy) to blame.

I remember my eldest laddie was greeting and my Mrs who is a Jambo blamed me saying Why do you support such a s@#£% football team?

No really maybe if they spend at least three years in the Championship they will come back stronger and wiser like the Hibees did!

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    I liked Utd relative to other Scottish clubs...as other have said, they have brought through some cracking young talent over the past 10 years, have a decent following and have given us a couple of good games. Give me them over the likes of Hamilton any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fighting with Falkirk for being the fifth or sixth best away support in Scotland is like two bald men fighting over a comb

Who's next after that Killie Hamilton ICT it is laughable. I admit I was wrong they have broke the 1000 barrier but I can assure you they have also fallen way below 500 on occasion.
    I remember the away supports Dundee were taking when they had the mad guy Bonetti in charge. Pashed all over United's. Guess it's all about how entertained the fans are. Agree that Uniteds away support is usually poor. The game last season (possible league decider) and a league cup game while in different divisions (novelty factor for United ) the exceptions.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Dig a hole and bury them.

Will never forgive them for relegating us twenty years ago although we have only ourselves (Jim Duffy) to blame.

I remember my eldest laddie was greeting and my Mrs who is a Jambo blamed me saying Why do you support such a s@#£% football team?

No really maybe if they spend at least three years in the Championship they will come back stronger and wiser like the Hibees did!
    I think some other clubs might have played their part as well!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    I admit to that in my thread. I remember we got off to a flier that season then Jim Duffy signed all his buddies from Dundee who were good Championship players making us a good Championship club.

We only had ourselves to blame.

Thank god for Alex McLeish, Sauzee and Latapy.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Is that Dundee United you refer to?? if so, you've just made that up haven't you...There have always been clubs in the top league with less average attendance than United.. here is the averages..

http://www.fitbastats.com/dundeeutd/...attendance.php
    Those figures don't mean a thing, their averages on that site are for between 1 & 10 games, certainly not a full season
    Last edited by Ringothedog; 29-03-2018 at 07:42 AM.

Us especially.

We relegated ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Us especially.

We relegated ourselves.
    Don't be daft. It wasn't our fault

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    The bitterness and snobbery on this thread is unreal. Hope they're back in the Premiership soon.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Don’t care either way. They’re just another run of the mill Scottish club like Motherwell, Falkirk etc. If they stay down then so be it, if they come up any time soon then well done. If they do make it back up though they’ll be fighting relegation for a good while.
    I would have said that their European exploits in the 80s means they are not just a "run of the mill Scottish club". Different these days though for sure.

The only clubs I genuinely dislike are our maroon neighbours and the currant buns, most of the rest I am fairly neutral on. DU I quite like, due to having pals who support them. I hope they sort themselves out as they often gave us good games.

My best mate for 30 years is an Arab. I know dozens of Utd fans because of him. ALL of them are ok with Hibs, Of course there is a bit banter occasionally but nowt sinister and every single one of them would support us over hertz.
    My pal and 2 of his family were at the Hands Off Hibs Rally with me.
    I remember i shared a flat with him when they won the Scottish cup for the 1st time. I actually had a ticket for the game but did the decent thing and gave it up to a proper Utd fan who hadnt got one.
    My mate was 1st to text on 21/5/16, and at least half the first 20 congrats messages i got were from Arabs, who seemed genuinely delighted. I guess they could empathize.
    I remember my pal putting a Lochee tic fan in his place when the glory hunter told him that the dundee clubs should merge cause "Dundee was too small to support 2 clubs". My mate responded by saying "f*** off you t*t! It already supports 4!"

They very much have that problem in common with us.

Much more importantly...D Utd were one of the few clubs to properly stand up to der hun in recent years. So much so that der hun will be celebrating any problems whey have with extra relish. They will see it as justification for their bulls**t about being essential to scottish fitba.
    Anything that makes those pondlife happy is not a cause for any form of joy for me.

Mon Dundee Hibernian!
    Tweet tweet!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by sadtom View Post
    My best mate for 30 years is an Arab. I know dozens of Utd fans because of him. ALL of them are ok with Hibs, Of course there is a bit banter occasionally but nowt sinister and every single one of them would support us over hertz.
    I remember i shared a flat with him when they won the Scottish cup for the 1st time. I actually had a ticket for the game but did the decent thing and gave it up to a proper Utd fan who hadnt got one.
    My mate was 1st to text on 21/5/16, and at least half the first 20 congrats messages i got were from Arabs, who seemed genuinely delighted. I guess they could empathize.
    I remember my pal putting a Lochee tic fan in his place when the glory hunter told him that the dundee clubs should merge cause "Dundee was too small to support 2 clubs". My mate responded by saying "f*** off you t*t! It already supports 4!"

Much more importantly...D Utd were one of the few clubs to properly stand up to der hun in recent years. So much so that der hun will be celebrating any problems whey have with extra relish. They will see it as justification for their bulls**t about being essential to scottish fitba.
    Anything that makes those pondlife happy is not a cause for any form of joy for me.

Mon Dundee Hibernian!
    Tweet tweet!
    Great post.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Whilst united still have the chance to bounce straight back this year via the playoffs it is looking less likely game by game. One of the few Scottish clubs to be in a European final in my lifetime, it must be worrying for their fans to see the apparent decline of this club with such potential.

A sobering thought for all of us on just how easy it would be to slip down the league if relegation isn’t managed properly.

Our potentially risky decision to keep Premier pricing, the continued backing of the fans, the good fortune to have Hearts and Rangers(twice) in the league with us plus the MASSIVE good fortune to win the Scottish cup all helped to save us from suffering a fate like United’s now imo.

3 times i shed a tear (in a bad way) supporting Hibs...

Fosters winning goal for them when i was a nipper.
    Dundee United's two late goals to send us down.
    Livi cup final.

For that reason i'm out. They can stay down this season along with Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    3 times i shed a tear (in a bad way) supporting Hibs...

Fosters winning goal for them when i was a nipper.
    Dundee United's two late goals to send us down.
    Livi cup final.

For that reason i'm out. They can stay down this season along with
    Livingston
    Aaaarrrgghhh!

I thought I had managed to erase these from my memory banks!
    Beaumont the goalie or a sniper from the stand shudda taken Foster out
    Still remember the satisfied smile on Kjell Olifssons pus at the end of the game
    40000 expectant HIBS fans witness teenage kicks generation defeated by underdogs

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Aaaarrrgghhh!

I thought I had managed to erase these from my memory banks!
    Beaumont the goalie or a sniper from the stand shudda taken Foster out
    Still remember the satisfied smile on Kjell Olifssons pus at the end of the game
    40000 expectant HIBS fans witness teenage kicks generation defeated by underdogs
    All three were hideous. The Livi cup final in particular. Missed 91 and 01 so it was awful. Like you say 40k of us there. Grim.
    Last edited by SirDavidsNapper; 29-03-2018 at 11:00 AM.

Don't mind them to be honest. Decent size support in Scottish terms and a good away day. I'd prefer them in the top league over Ross county and Hamilton.

Quote Originally Posted by TelaStella View Post
    Worrying the amount of eyebrows being raised on here at a few of us all of a sudden not caring about Dundee United, what's the big issue? I don't deny united are one of the bigger clubs in the country and yeah they probably would fit the premier league better than the likes of Ross County and Hamilton but it's one less rival for us to worry about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Which goes back to my post .... Where's the fun in that? As I said, I want to see Hibs being a big hitter in a strong league where we have done well against other strong teams with good crowds. If we are doing well because clubs who would traditionally have been a big challenge to us are languishing in the championship or have been brought low by off field problems how is it an achievement? All we would be is one of the less crap teams in a crap league and in the long run everybody would suffer, including Hibs.

Overall Scottish football is on a bit of an upward curve with better crowds than past years and a league where nobody is guaranteed a win on a Saturday, in recent weeks not even Celtic. I want that trend to continue and clubs like Dundee Utd have a vital part to play.

Some strange bitterness on this thread, usually the kind of thing you see from Hearts or Rangers.

Never really minded United. May be because anyone I know supporting them being good guys, them originally being Dundee Hibs or the fact I watched them in the UEFA run. One things for sure, I wouldn't call any Scottish club that actually reached a Euro final 'run of the mill', especially in Scotland. I hope they sort their problems out and get promotion.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Don't mind them to be honest. Decent size support in Scottish terms and a good away day. I'd prefer them in the top league over Ross county and Hamilton.

Exactly, me personally would want Hamilton and Kilmarnock down. Football should be played on grass.

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    I remember the away supports Dundee were taking when they had the mad guy Bonetti in charge. Pashed all over United's. Guess it's all about how entertained the fans are. Agree that Uniteds away support is usually poor. The game last season (possible league decider) and a league cup game while in different divisions (novelty factor for United ) the exceptions.
    It was Giovanni Di Stefano who had invested in Dundee that brought in the likes of Claudio Carniggia and Fabrizio Ravanelli to everyones bemusement. He is now serving a 14 year sentence for fraud.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Albert of Kidd View Post
    Some strange bitterness on this thread, usually the kind of thing you see from Hearts or Rangers.

Never really minded United. May be because anyone I know supporting them being good guys, them originally being Dundee Hibs or the fact I watched them in the UEFA run. One things for sure, I wouldn't call any Scottish club that actually reached a Euro final 'run of the mill', especially in Scotland. I hope they sort their problems out and get promotion.
    I don't get it either. Would all these folk who hope United rot prefer Hamilton, Ross Co or Livi in the Premier League? Really?

Mon the Arabs and the Pars I say. Even the Bairns

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Would love to see a Dundee Derby play-off final.
    That would be a hum-dinger

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sadtom View Post

Mon Dundee Hibernian!
    Tweet tweet!
    Difficult to argue with that

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    Good luck to them, I say. The way they stood up to the Huns was extremely admirable. Hated Houston, Levein and in particular (more than anyone in the world) Sk*cel but in general they are a fairly big club that has been run in to the ground. Tannadice always a decent away day as well.

I don't get it either. Would all these folk who hope United rot prefer Hamilton, Ross Co or Livi in the Premier League? Really?

Mon the Arabs and the Pars I say. Even the Bairns
    Hear Hear! Old school clubs.

Left by mutual consent!
    Bin Laszlo and get Luggy in charge until the end of the season they might still have a chance. Why did they bin McKinnon?