hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Dundee Utd.

Dundee Utd.

What a mess they are in just now. Sitting 4th and look a shambles on the park. Many saying they will go into admin if they don’t come up this season as they went big on wages bringing on Fyvie, Keatings and McDonald.

I never used to mind them but something in me now wants them to suffer. Not go bust but to linger in the championship for a long time.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What a mess they are in just now. Sitting 4th and look a shambles on the park. Many saying they will go into admin if they don’t come up this season as they went big on wages bringing on Fyvie, Keatings and McDonald.

I never used to mind them but something in me now wants them to suffer. Not go bust but to linger in the championship for a long time.
    Could have Dundee derbies in the championship next year - and the year after.......

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Could have Dundee derbies in the championship next year - and the year after.......
    Yeah they too could be on bother if they don’t start to pick up the points.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    I’ve disliked them since the Levein / Houston days...chuck in that Skacel debacle and they can GTF in my book

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar

A director has just bought Thompson’s shares, so would surprised if admin was a possibility
    Csaba is a total balloon, terrible choice, and is Thompson’s legacy, but they have lost 2 of the 3, ex Hibs players you mentioned, to long term injuries
    McDonald on the other hand, looks to be a wage thief this season

Left by mutual consent!
    I'd like Dundee to beat them in a play off, it would be quite humiliating for UTD if they were relegated at Dens and then killed off there a few years later.

Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    I'd like Dundee to beat them in a play off, it would be quite humiliating for UTD if they were relegated at Dens and then killed off there a few years later.
    McCann is a bigger bellend than Laszlo

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I’ve no ill feeling towards Dundee Utd, they’ve brought through some good young players and sold them on, they’ve invested well from the lower leagues in scotland, they just didn’t work out how to reinvest that money.

Imo they’ve got a decent set of fans and it’d be better for our premier league if they were to sort themselves out and get promoted again.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Skacel aside, personally I never minded utd and always enjoyed going to Tannadice. Hibs vs Utd was a game I always looked forward to. They look in big trouble though.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I’ve no ill feeling towards Dundee Utd, they’ve brought through some good young players and sold them on, they’ve invested well from the lower leagues in scotland, they just didn’t work out how to reinvest that money.

Imo they’ve got a decent set of fans and it’d be better for our premier league if they were to sort themselves out and get promoted again.
    As I said in a thread a few days ago, used to bring a decent support to ER
    But looks like they will have another season in the championship, and as we know, can take a bit of time to sort yourselves out

I don’t mind Dundee United at all, and hope they make a resurgence soon. I’d much rather play them 4 times a season than Hamilton or Ross County.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    McCann is a bigger bellend than Laszlo
    👍

As I said in a thread a few days ago, used to bring a decent support to ER
    But looks like they will have another season in the championship, and as we know, can take a bit of time to sort yourselves out
    This has happened once when Heggerty, Narey and Sturrock where still playing ever since then it has been a poor support. Nothing against them but don't care one way or the other what happens to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    This has happened once when Heggerty, Narey and Sturrock where still playing ever since then it has been a poor support. Nothing against them but don't care one way or the other what happens to them.
    Bollocks

Bollocks
    Good well thought out response . I will be amazed if they have brought a 1000 fans to ER in the last 25 years. prove me wrong

@hibs.net private member
    Good well thought out response . I will be amazed if they have brought a 1000 fans to ER in the last 25 years. prove me wrong
    They took over 2,000 last season. January game.

I’m sure they brought a good support when we played them in the league cup at ER. Also the game we beat them 3-0 another midweek game.

Edit..19,000 at the 3-0 game. The three Home stands holds 17,000 if I’m correct so that means they brought 2,000 down for that game.
    Last edited by Thecat23; 27-03-2018 at 09:37 PM.

I would quite like to see them spend at least 3 years in the Championship like we did so I'll be quite happy to see them stay down for another year.

I don't mind what happens after that though. I didn't like them when they had Levein as manager or when they had Skacel but I couldn't care either way about them now.

Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    They took over 2,000 last season. January game.
    They did I forgot about that one essentially a league decider if Hibs one.

Ok Sammy, after Hearts, Rangers and Celtic who sell out the south, the next are Aberdeen and Utd, who consistently have the largest away supports at Easter Rd.

They did I forgot about that one essentially a league decider if Hibs one.
    And they brought a decent sizeable support the last time we played them, midweek in the league cup at ER as TC pointed oot.

GGTTH.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Austinho View Post
    I don’t mind Dundee United at all, and hope they make a resurgence soon. I’d much rather play them 4 times a season than Hamilton or Ross County.
    Indeed

one of the many clubs who laughed and mocked us when we went down. **** them. hope they rot.

Steven Thompson has single handily put that club on its knees.
    Shambles of a club now. Stadiums run down and in need of replacement.
    Selling off its Academy Pitch to the pension fund of their new Chairman!

Eddie Thompson would be ashamed of what his son has done.

They've made what should be a huge amount of money in transfer fees over the last 5/6 years, where's that went ?
    Did the deal they had with Jackie Mac for a cut in transfer fees have any bearing ?

Just seems odd that they are in such a financial mess.

Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    They've made what should be a huge amount of money in transfer fees over the last 5/6 years, where's that went ?
    Did the deal they had with Jackie Mac for a cut in transfer fees have any bearing ?

Just seems odd that they are in such a financial mess.
    I forgot about that deal they all had from the transfer deals. That was just really dodgy if you ask me.

Ok Sammy, after Hearts, Rangers and Celtic who sell out the south, the next are Aberdeen and Utd, who consistently have the largest away supports at Easter Rd.
    Fighting with Falkirk for being the fifth or sixth best away support in Scotland is like two bald men fighting over a comb

Who's next after that Killie Hamilton ICT it is laughable. I admit I was wrong they have broke the 1000 barrier but I can assure you they have also fallen way below 500 on occasion.

I forgot about that deal they all had from the transfer deals. That was just really dodgy if you ask me.
    Definitely didn't seem right but it's common knowledge so somehow must have been above board.

Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    Definitely didn't seem right but it's common knowledge so somehow must have been above board.
    Yeah they must have done it all through the books but really strange way to run the club. As you said before a lot of money seems to have just vanished.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Yeah they must have done it all through the books but really strange way to run the club. As you said before a lot of money seems to have just vanished.
    Not sure it’s ‘vanished’ but as we know too well money can buy you very little when you are not being run properly...much more likely that they’ve largely just wasted it on constant churn.