hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dundee Utd.

Hybrid View

Dundee Utd.

What a mess they are in just now. Sitting 4th and look a shambles on the park. Many saying they will go into admin if they don’t come up this season as they went big on wages bringing on Fyvie, Keatings and McDonald.

I never used to mind them but something in me now wants them to suffer. Not go bust but to linger in the championship for a long time.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What a mess they are in just now. Sitting 4th and look a shambles on the park. Many saying they will go into admin if they don’t come up this season as they went big on wages bringing on Fyvie, Keatings and McDonald.

I never used to mind them but something in me now wants them to suffer. Not go bust but to linger in the championship for a long time.
    Could have Dundee derbies in the championship next year - and the year after.......

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Could have Dundee derbies in the championship next year - and the year after.......
    Yeah they too could be on bother if they don’t start to pick up the points.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    I’ve disliked them since the Levein / Houston days...chuck in that Skacel debacle and they can GTF in my book

Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    I’ve disliked them since the Levein / Houston days...chuck in that Skacel debacle and they can GTF in my book
    Ive disliked them a lot longer than that. Funnily enough since Maurice backpass used to play for them and they wasted time galore despite having good players.

Oh and the Matty Jack game. Never has another team deserved the outcome of poor refereeing. Brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Ive disliked them a lot longer than that. Funnily enough since Maurice backpass used to play for them and they wasted time galore despite having good players.

Oh and the Matty Jack game. Never has another team deserved the outcome of poor refereeing. Brilliant
    What poor refereeing?

Their player feigned an injury to waste time, and one of their players put the ball out of play thinking it would be given back.

They had been wasting time for all of the second half. Matty Jack didn't give the ball back and Hibs went on and scored a winning goal.

If a player puts the ball out of play there is no obligation for the ball to be given back particularly if it was down to 'injury' to their own player. The referee would have stopped the match if he thought it was necessary and was quite correct to let Hibs keep the ball.

It actually did United a lot of good as their sense of moral outrage galvanised the team and they pulled clear of the relegation zone.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post

A director has just bought Thompson’s shares, so would surprised if admin was a possibility
    Csaba is a total balloon, terrible choice, and is Thompson’s legacy, but they have lost 2 of the 3, ex Hibs players you mentioned, to long term injuries
    McDonald on the other hand, looks to be a wage thief this season

Left by mutual consent!
    I'd like Dundee to beat them in a play off, it would be quite humiliating for UTD if they were relegated at Dens and then killed off there a few years later.

Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    I'd like Dundee to beat them in a play off, it would be quite humiliating for UTD if they were relegated at Dens and then killed off there a few years later.
    McCann is a bigger bellend than Laszlo

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    McCann is a bigger bellend than Laszlo
    👍

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I’ve no ill feeling towards Dundee Utd, they’ve brought through some good young players and sold them on, they’ve invested well from the lower leagues in scotland, they just didn’t work out how to reinvest that money.

Imo they’ve got a decent set of fans and it’d be better for our premier league if they were to sort themselves out and get promoted again.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I’ve no ill feeling towards Dundee Utd, they’ve brought through some good young players and sold them on, they’ve invested well from the lower leagues in scotland, they just didn’t work out how to reinvest that money.

Imo they’ve got a decent set of fans and it’d be better for our premier league if they were to sort themselves out and get promoted again.
    As I said in a thread a few days ago, used to bring a decent support to ER
    But looks like they will have another season in the championship, and as we know, can take a bit of time to sort yourselves out

As I said in a thread a few days ago, used to bring a decent support to ER
    But looks like they will have another season in the championship, and as we know, can take a bit of time to sort yourselves out
    This has happened once when Heggerty, Narey and Sturrock where still playing ever since then it has been a poor support. Nothing against them but don't care one way or the other what happens to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    This has happened once when Heggerty, Narey and Sturrock where still playing ever since then it has been a poor support. Nothing against them but don't care one way or the other what happens to them.
    Bollocks

Bollocks
    Good well thought out response . I will be amazed if they have brought a 1000 fans to ER in the last 25 years. prove me wrong

I would quite like to see them spend at least 3 years in the Championship like we did so I'll be quite happy to see them stay down for another year.

I don't mind what happens after that though. I didn't like them when they had Levein as manager or when they had Skacel but I couldn't care either way about them now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    That's rubbish...they brought decent crowds last season in championship and 2 recent league cup ties spring to mind also

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    That's rubbish...they brought decent crowds last season in championship and 2 recent league cup ties spring to mind also

Think he’s already said he got it wrong, and has apologised

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

Agree with this ...I don't get the hatred towards Utd on here at all...be better for our game if they were in top flight rather than an Accies or Ross Co...sadly not looking likely any time soon tho - they r in a sorry state

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Agree with this ...I don't get the hatred towards Utd on here at all...be better for our game if they were in top flight rather than an Accies or Ross Co...sadly not looking likely any time soon tho - they r in a sorry state

This.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Skacel aside, personally I never minded utd and always enjoyed going to Tannadice. Hibs vs Utd was a game I always looked forward to. They look in big trouble though.

I don’t mind Dundee United at all, and hope they make a resurgence soon. I’d much rather play them 4 times a season than Hamilton or Ross County.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Austinho View Post
    I don’t mind Dundee United at all, and hope they make a resurgence soon. I’d much rather play them 4 times a season than Hamilton or Ross County.
    Indeed

one of the many clubs who laughed and mocked us when we went down. **** them. hope they rot.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    one of the many clubs who laughed and mocked us when we went down. **** them. hope they rot.
    This. Ever since the start of our decline and in some ways their resurgence they really seemed to have it in for us, always going on about us going down and rotting with Dundee, funny how time in football can change so quickly eh. A good team on their day and I can think of many a good game they've given us over the years but a team that has always seemed to attracted ********s, Levein, Houston, Wilkie, Daly and Skacel just to name a few. personally I can't say I miss them or Tannadice -shambolic stadium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And rightly so - everyone enjoys mocking a big club whose’s fallen from grace. We were garbage and deserved to be laughed at. We did it with Rangers and Hearts because of the animosity between the clubs, but we’d all have a laugh if Aberdeen for example were relegated to the Championship too.

United for me have formed an important part of Scottish football history, and are a good club who’d enhance our league. I hope they survive and come back from this.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    And rightly so - everyone enjoys mocking a big club whose’s fallen from grace. We were garbage and deserved to be laughed at. We did it with Rangers and Hearts because of the animosity between the clubs, but we’d all have a laugh if Aberdeen for example were relegated to the Championship too.

United for me have formed an important part of Scottish football history, and are a good club who’d enhance our league. I hope they survive and come back from this.
    Yep. Very much this.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    "I hate you cos you laughed at me once, ya big rotter."

In fact, the club didn't laugh and mock us.

Some of their fans will have, just like some fans of every other Scottish football club, which is what rivals do.

I'm not going to lose any sleep if DU stay in the championship for a few seasons, but I don't want to see any football club going to the wall, never mind one with such a proud history.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    "I hate you cos you laughed at me once, ya big rotter."

In fact, the club didn't laugh and mock us.

Some of their fans will have, just like some fans of every other Scottish football club, which is what rivals do.

I'm not going to lose any sleep if DU stay in the championship for a few seasons, but I don't want to see any football club going to the wall, never mind one with such a proud history.

Yes and we are laughing back. Don't think they were overly sympathetic when we were about to spend a third year in the championship so its bizarre some on here are towards them. Hibs first, **** everyone else.

Totally agree.