hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: England fans

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    I have no sympathy for the few ‘decent’ English fans. Just like the few ‘decent’ Huns, by not self policing the bellends, they are condoning what goes on and have allowed the current standards of behaviour to develop over decades. I could not sit in a stand and listen to the bile being spouted by Rangers fans every week. I’d do something about it or find another hobby. The Tartan Army were heading in the same direction as English fans in the 70’s but the knobheads were put in their place and whilst I accept they’re not everyone’s cup of tea, you never see anything like what we’ve seen over the weekend with Scotland fans.

Just like sectarianism up here, self policing is the only solution IMHO.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by bernz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Up to their usual antics of being tossers

https://www.rt.com/sport/422154-engl...ans-amsterdam/

Are they worse than rangers fans?
    They are of the same breed.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    I'm quite concerned someone is going to get killed in Russia. These guys aren't messing about.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilla Black View Post
    And leaving the EU opens the UK up to the rest of the world. Rather than making it easy for members of a select EU club to move here while building barriers to people from the rest of the world, everyone will now have an equal opportunity.

I think you just won the 'DotNet biggest bollox of the month' award.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Give the victimhood pi5h a rest FFS.
    Anyway back on topic. Why can (and I’m speaking generally) England fans (and ill lump Huns in there too) not behave like humans while following their team, but generally speaking Scotland, Irish and Welsh fans seem to behave and enjoy the craic?

J

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    I have no sympathy for the few ‘decent’ English fans. Just like the few ‘decent’ Huns, by not self policing the bellends, they are condoning what goes on and have allowed the current standards of behaviour to develop over decades. I could not sit in a stand and listen to the bile being spouted by Rangers fans every week. I’d do something about it or find another hobby. The Tartan Army were heading in the same direction as English fans in the 70’s but the knobheads were put in their place and whilst I accept they’re not everyone’s cup of tea, you never see anything like what we’ve seen over the weekend with Scotland fans.

You don’t have any sympathy for the decent fans, who at the end of the day are no different to you and I? I agree with the self policing as a wider support aspect, but it’s not down to individuals to sort what is a societal problem in terms of the neds that follow England. That’s for the governments and courts to tackle.

I can’t see how you couldn’t sympathise with folk that just go to support their team and end up in the wrong place at the wrong time, like Marseille, through no fault of their own.

What can you say about the England fans that hasn't been said a hundred times already. As has already been pointed out self policing is the only thing that's going to sort them out. The fans of the other so called 'home nations' along with the ROI seem to have very successfully got a handle on that, its a mystery as to why England seem to lack the will or ability to follow suit.

I read somewhere that your typical England away fan follows clubs like Brentford and Carlisle and following the national team compensates for supporting clubs who have no chance of providing them with European club football. Perhaps because their clubs cant provide them with that feeling of superiority they over compensate when they follow England and that manifests itself in proving their 'superiority' by battering the locals.

If they need a starting point in a change of attitude there are obviously two things to address:

The first would be the repertoire of that incredibly annoying brass band that seems to follow them everywhere ..... they only appear to have two tunes one being the theme to the great escape, which lets face it far from being a 'patriotic' tune has that distasteful hint of triumphalism about it, especially if you are a German .... the f'ing war is over lads.

The second is to stop booing other countries national anthems as they did in Dortmund .... That's an absolute embarrassment and if they try it in Russia no amount of police presence will stop the locals getting at them, in fact the police will probably join in.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

What a load of drivel. It's not a few who are decent, it's the majority of fans who are just like us and go to follow their team and watch football.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    As an englishman its just plain embarrassing, simple as.

Couple of points, the"lads" responsible for the antics in Amsterdam will be extremely few in numbers in Moscow/Russia and it will be left to the likes of the England Members club to face the music. (I, personally, dont think there will much trouble in Russia at all, which I realise is at odds with how most seem to think, the biggest flash point will be night/day Russia get knocked out)

The "England band" arent exactly popular with England fans especially those that get involved in the unsavoury stuff we witnessed the other day and on numerous previous occasions) I would have thought if they had been anywhere near the trouble by the canals they would have been the first to be thrown in.

These morons need to grow up, clinging onto their youth, big and loud in numbers out with the "lads." Its like an extension of those idiots that go away to various holiday resorts in southern europe in the summer and spend their entire holiday on the pizz and indulging in very unsociable behaviour. Would they behave so on their own or out with their families? Or if the were sober? They are just borish ignorant idiots.
    Last edited by Lancs Harp; 25-03-2018 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    What a load of drivel. It's not a few who are decent, it's the majority of fans who are just like us and go to follow their team and watch football.

England might have a larger percentage of followers that act like lunatics at games, but that doesn't mean they are in any way the majority.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    What can you say about the England fans that hasn't been said a hundred times already. As has already been pointed out self policing is the only thing that's going to sort them out. The fans of the other so called 'home nations' along with the ROI seem to have very successfully got a handle on that, its a mystery as to why England seem to lack the will or ability to follow suit.

I read somewhere that your typical England away fan follows clubs like Brentford and Carlisle and following the national team compensates for supporting clubs who have no chance of providing them with European club football. Perhaps because their clubs cant provide them with that feeling of superiority they over compensate when they follow England and that manifests itself in proving their 'superiority' by battering the locals.

If they need a starting point in a change of attitude there are obviously two things to address:

The first would be the repertoire of that incredibly annoying brass band that seems to follow them everywhere ..... they only appear to have two tunes one being the theme to the great escape, which lets face it far from being a 'patriotic' tune has that distasteful hint of triumphalism about it, especially if you are a German .... the f'ing war is over lads.

The second is to stop booing other countries national anthems as they did in Dortmund .... That's an absolute embarrassment and if they try it in Russia no amount of police presence will stop the locals getting at them, in fact the police will probably join in.
    Before we get all moralistic about the well behaved Scotland fans we have good few idiots as well. As to booing national anthems Scotland has plenty of previous where thats involved.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Before we get all moralistic about the well behaved Scotland fans we have good few idiots as well. As to booing national anthems Scotland has plenty of previous where thats involved.
    Well said. The so called Tartan Army are hardly the innocent fun loving band of angels like they like to think they are.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Well said. The so called Tartan Army are hardly the innocent fun loving band of angels like they like to think they are.
    Here we go, wondered how long it would take a thread about England fans embarrassing themselves abroad to turn into a TA bad discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Good to hear the boy got what he deserved. I’ve no idea why folk act this way. Surely they know they’ll take a doing at some point! Saying that they prob don’t care.
    Yep, some folk have a couple drinks and suddenly think their the big hard man when in fact their just cringeworthy idiots. You see "casuals" nowadays and most of them are spotty young laddies who've saved up all of their pocket money to buy 1 stone island jacket and suddenly think their a top gangster. Its embarassing.

Here we go, wondered how long it would take a thread about England fans embarrassing themselves abroad to turn into a TA bad discussion.
    Bob I can understand your rancour but people in England remember the invading hoards from the north back in the 70s and early 80s, what do you think Mavis from Stoke thought of Scots in general when that happened? Are all Scots like that? Obviously not, as Ive already said as an Englishman and a football fan its simply embarrassing, as is any national team/club side going away an behaving in such a way. Do you honestly think people in Europe or England for that matter regard Rangers as anything other than a Scottish club? Or the antics of Celtic fans in Portugal all those years ago (not 67 btw)

These fans following England are idiots but take the anti English Scottish supreme specs off ffs

We are Hibs we rule supreme.

Can't think of a single hooligan incident with Irish fans.
    Even the Lansdowne rd game that was abandoned was because of English supporters ripping up the stand and throwing bits of wood onto the lower deck, and then a run in with the police.

Genuinely can't think of a single incident involving irish fans..

Quote Originally Posted by Kavinho View Post
    Even the Lansdowne rd game that was abandoned was because of English supporters ripping up the stand and throwing bits of wood onto the lower deck, and then a run in with the police.

Well other than club sides clashing like Dundalk and Linfield for instance. Italia 90 England v Ireland was quite lively.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    Well other than club sides clashing like Dundalk and Linfield for instance. Italia 90 England v Ireland was quite lively.

Don't recall a single bad incident regarding Ireland at Italia 90. Irish folk were ecstatic - they certainly weren't prowling streets looking to have a fight.. they were hugging everyone.

I may be mistaken... i spent that whole tournament geeshed in pubs in Dublin watching those games - but a quick scour of t'internet doesn't throw up much.

I did remember reports of English fans raging at not being able to beat the Irish & Tearing up the island though.

Dundalk /Linfield - i know nothing of, although it's hardly a surprising one when you know a little of the respective cultures & geography

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    I never said we don't have idiots, every club and country has them, but you are having a laugh if you are seriously trying to say the Scotland support is in the same ballpark as what England inflict on the locals when they go abroad ... hell, we aren't even playing the same game when it comes to hooliganism.

As for booing national anthems, the only one I can recall hearing booed by Scotland fans was GSTQ at Hampden when we played England and lets face it there was more behind that than just football.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavinho View Post

Not sure why you are quoting my post with this comment .... I'm pretty sure that's what I was saying

Besides that, don't get me started on the hoards of 'fans' who follow the ROI to tournaments .... shame they cant show the same devotion to their domestic club football .... respect to the folk who do support it, the rest are a bunch of EPL fanboys.

Coaching Staff
    I never said we don't have idiots, every club and country has them, but you are having a laugh if you are seriously trying to say the Scotland support is in the same ballpark as what England inflict on the locals when they go abroad ... hell, we aren't even playing the same game when it comes to hooliganism.

As for booing national anthems, the only one I can recall hearing booed by Scotland fans was GSTQ at Hampden when we played England and lets face it there was more behind that than just football.
    Hooliganism, we have had our moments. As to booing what are you trying to suggest, we were protesting against the oppression of our English colonial masters ?
    What a lot of this, look how bad English fans are, is all about jealousy & the fact we have done the square root of f all for so long now we are a joke.
    Last edited by Lago; 26-03-2018 at 12:55 PM.

I always thought that both Scotland and England where as bad as each other for booing the other's respective anthem - neither where better or worse than the other.

Left by mutual consent!

Both Irelands anthems got booed when we played them fairly recently. I remember we booed the Liechtenstein anthem too

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauzee16 View Post
    Both Irelands anthems got booed when we played them fairly recently. I remember we booed the Liechtenstein anthem too

The booing of the opposing teams' National Anthems was common practice up until fairly recently.

Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    I'm quite concerned someone is going to get killed in Russia. These guys aren't messing about.
    I think you are right. The delusion of any of the England mob thinking that they will sort out the Russians is beyond belief.
    The Russians won't go for Brazilians or Danes or French, they'll seek out the mob with a name.

If it kicks off, a bunch of fat, tattooed, racist, drunk bully boys who throw chairs around, vandalise and beat up on easy targets up against ruthless, teetotal, MMA trained, fit as a fiddle fighting animals is going to be a massacre. And the Engurlund mob will get no protection from the Russian Police as they're just as bad as the hooligans.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyM_1875 View Post
    I think you are right. The delusion of any of the England mob thinking that they will sort out the Russians is beyond belief.
    The Russians won't go for Brazilians or Danes or French, they'll seek out the mob with a name.

If it kicks off, a bunch of fat, tattooed, racist, drunk bully boys who throw chairs around, vandalise and beat up on easy targets up against ruthless, teetotal, MMA trained, fit as a fiddle fighting animals is going to be a massacre. And the Engurlund mob will get no protection from the Russian Police as they're just as bad as the hooligans.
    🍿 at the ready for the Summer.

J

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    I think you just won the 'DotNet biggest bollox of the month' award.
    No offence, but what I said what an obvious fact. I'm not sure why people wouldn't understand that let alone think it would be good to abuse people over. Too much alcohol? Too much propaganda? When it comes to anything even remotely political there are sadly too many people who think trying to offend or belittle people is a suitable substitute for thinking.

Not sure why you are quoting my post with this comment .... I'm pretty sure that's what I was saying

Besides that, don't get me started on the hoards of 'fans' who follow the ROI to tournaments .... shame they cant show the same devotion to their domestic club football .... respect to the folk who do support it, the rest are a bunch of EPL fanboys.
    Only cos you brought ROI into your post about self policing.

The Irish don't have any need for self policing they are drunken idiots having a laugh at internationals. The rage doesn't last past full time.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyM_1875 View Post

100% this.

Left by mutual consent!
    No England mobs will go near Russia. Excuses will be made.

The ones that will end up in bother will be the rich drunk loud mouthed ones that think they are casuals with drink in them. The media will back them too.