hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: England fans

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rubbish, Scotland, Wales & Ireland were all involved in Britain's colonial past.
    Wales, Scotland and Ireland were the first colonies.

We all bought that “equal partner” bollox for hundreds of years.

Stockholm Syndrome or what?

J

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post

J
    Christ I hope you're being ironic.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by DarlingtonHibee View Post
    Won't know what hits them in Russia.
    All the so called hard men will be mysteriously absent in Russia and it'll be ordinary fans who'll be on receiving end.

As always with guys like this they are tough as nails when throwing bottles from a crowd or getting in the faces of innocent passersby but totally absent when there is any chance of someone fighting back.

It's beyond me why they can't go to a fantastic place like Amsterdam and enjoy it without acting like a bunch of Neanderthal wannabe hardmen

No wonder they are universally hated

Special mention for Boris Johnson comparing Putin's World Cup to Hitler's Olympics...... That's bound to be helpful for the traveling fans eh?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    Special mention for Boris Johnson comparing Putin's World Cup to Hitler's Olympics...... That's bound to be helpful for the traveling fans eh?
    Think Boris is generally a buffoon but he does have a point, no way should it be acceptable for a nation to assassinate anyone from another country, Russia don't deserve to host the World Cup and for entirely different reasons neither do Qatar, boycott them both I say!

Quote Originally Posted by Weir07 View Post
    Think Boris is generally a buffoon but he does have a point, no way should it be acceptable for a nation to assassinate anyone from another country, Russia don't deserve to host the World Cup and for entirely different reasons neither do Qatar, boycott them both I say!
    There are also the human rights issues and the fact that Russia has invaded, and instigated a war with, another country. That's still ongoing. Everybody knows the World Cup in Russia is a complete farce but it will go ahead anyway. Money talks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilla Black View Post
    There are also the human rights issues and the fact that Russia has invaded, and instigated a war with, another country. That's still ongoing. Everybody knows the World Cup in Russia is a complete farce but it will go ahead anyway. Money talks
    Which country is this?

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Which country is this?
    Well, if you're going to get a bit pedantic about the Crimean Peninsula and Ukraine, how's about Georgia?

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Which country is this?
    I was referring to Ukraine but this probably is getting off topic now

Quote Originally Posted by MGmick View Post
    Well, if you're going to get a bit pedantic about the Crimean Peninsula and Ukraine, how's about Georgia?
    They invaded eastern Ukraine too.

Upon reading this thread I've only just realized this game was played in Holland lol .

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Ive been to Amsterdam 5 times and anyone who visits that city and fighting and generally causing bother is top of their agenda is a total ****wit. Such a chilled place with friendly folk and so many good things to see and do and experience!

They invaded eastern Ukraine too.
    Cills I think we're on the same side. I feel much more concerned about the current Russia than I ever did pre 89 after which we "E Bay'd/Gum Tree'd" our armed forces.

My point was not about the who's right/wrong in any political debate involving the Russians.

It was about how the throw away line of a political bellend like Boris may actually result in the innocent England fans being targeted by Russian thugs.

He is actively adding to the potential assault, injury and even death of football fans by making ill judged ,point scoring statements.

My point was not about the who's right/wrong in any political debate involving the Russians.

It was about how the throw away line of a political bellend like Boris may actually result in the innocent England fans being targeted by Russian thugs.

He is actively adding to the potential assault, injury and even death of football fans by making ill judged ,point scoring statements.
    Yes. As far as I'm aware football thugs tend to arrange to fight with other football thugs and aren't particularly interested in fighting with normal football fans. I don't move in those circles, though, and there's always the chance that fans will get caught up in the nonsense at some point.

My point was not in any way meant to demean yours. My point is my concern over the actions and intentions of the Russian government. My belief is, the sooner we wake up and stand up to Putin's bullying, the cheaper the price we'll pay. It has nothing to do with the World Cup other than that it is a shiny trinket which, although we cannot deny him, we can, at least, tarnish and devalue by our non (British) appearance at.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5

J
    Give the victimhood pi5h a rest FFS.

And leaving the EU opens the UK up to the rest of the world. Rather than making it easy for members of a select EU club to move here while building barriers to people from the rest of the world, everyone will now have an equal opportunity.
    Step away from the glue mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage East View Post
    Step away from the glue mate.
    That's absolutely bizarre.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Yes but the brexit mentality probably predated the brexit vote by a good few decades.

Think that makes sense.
    Been saying that for a few decades. What used to need a few drinks before it got said is now socially acceptable.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I know a couple of guys who follow England home and away who are just regular fans like most on here. They hate all the baggage that comes with it and cringe at some of the antics.

They were in Marseille last year for the Russia gane when it all kicked off. They were staying in Montpellier and on the train to the game some guy in a Luton top was harrassing a group of French students with the 'lets ****ing 'av it, pwopa nawty' act. He poured a beer over one of them safe in the knowledge that this guy wouldn't do anything; classic bully behaviour. They both confessed to having a satisified smirk when they saw the same guy taking a proper doing from a group of Russians a couple of hours later.
    Same here. One of the real engerlund bellends ( union Jack shorts, lager belly and 3 lions tattoo) that I encounter round my way made the very good point that their "A team" would sort the Russians out but they can't travel as they have to surrender their passports when engerlund play abroad.

Their inability to travel being the very good point as the mouthy throwbacks this plank was on about are most likely 19 70's skinheads who now struggle to knock the head off their Stella Artois.

Plenty good football fans down here who don't want anything to do with the erses. A bit like Scotland really

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bostonhibby; 24-03-2018 at 11:05 PM.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

I don’t like England at all and hope the fail anytime they play but I did laugh a little at that clip.. I will get slated for this but just being honest..

J
    Ireland and Scotland kicked them out.

Not Wales, though. Pussies!

Quote Originally Posted by murray26 View Post
    I don’t like England at all and hope the fail anytime they play but I did laugh a little at that clip.. I will get slated for this but just being honest..
    Bizarrely, I’m taking my son to see the England game on Tuesday. I’ll have to be very careful not to celebrate when Italy score !

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by bordergreen View Post
    I have said before, half of Glasgow think they are Irish, supporting the RA, and the other half think they are Ulster Loyalists waving union jacks and swearing allegiance to the Queen. The England support reaped what they have sown over the last 40 years, whilst in France. Most of England's away support are piss-heads, who want to bully and abuse people. Granted, most of their main hooligans are banned from games these days, but a lot of them have also grown out of it. The Russian's did not meet England's mob, such as it is these days. They met some hooligans, augmented by the usual England Away support. Make no mistake, quite a large percentage of England's away support are up for a bit of bullying and abuse of anyone who is not English. They are just not up to matching the pugilistic intent of committed hooligans of other nations. We all saw them throwing bottles and 'giving it the big un', until the Russians and French turned up calling them out. These Angels, who had spent the previous days abusing people and throwing bottles at anyone and everyone, were the first to decry their mistreatment.

The England Mob have always got a shock when people call them out and call it on, that is nothing new.
    Pretty much sums it up for me.

I very much doubt England's "A team" would sort the Russians out! It's a different type of hooligan these days. It's not your fat street brawler anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Liam Miller View Post
    I very much doubt England's "A team" would sort the Russians out! It's a different type of hooligan these days. It's not your fat street brawler anymore.
    I think the problem Englans fans will have, 'A team' or otherwise, is they are still seen as a bit of a result for some of the eastern European mobs. A bit like the new heavyweight on the block knocking out Mike Tyson 5 years past his prime. Everyone knows it's not the Tyson of old but it still looks good on the CV.

The problem with that is the many England fans who travel just to have a few beers and watch the football with their mates will get caught up in it and seen as 'fair game'.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

The problem with that is the many England fans who travel just to have a few beers and watch the football with their mates will get caught up in it and seen as 'fair game'.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately that's what happens and they all get tarred with the same brush

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I think the problem Englans fans will have, 'A team' or otherwise, is they are still seen as a bit of a result for some of the eastern European mobs. A bit like the new heavyweight on the block knocking out Mike Tyson 5 years past his prime. Everyone knows it's not the Tyson of old but it still looks good on the CV.

The problem with that is the many England fans who travel just to have a few beers and watch the football with their mates will get caught up in it and seen as 'fair game'.
    Yeah, I defo agree, England are big target due to reputation. I do feel sorry for the real fans. The Russians will certainly have a pop at them again and it won't end well.
    Last edited by CorrieHibs; 25-03-2018 at 08:41 AM.