hibs.net Messageboard

Ultimate School Trip:Thanks!

A huge ‘thank you’ to everyone who voted for Canal View PS in the Ultimate School Trip competition! The children learned today that they had actually won and willl be heading to Spain in April. An amazing effort! I told the HT that it was the late rush of votes from Hibs.net that won the day. 😁 Thanks again - the bairns have smiles the length of ER!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Great stuff week done.

Quote Originally Posted by Wee Effen Bee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A huge ‘thank you’ to everyone who voted for Canal View PS in the Ultimate School Trip competition! The children learned today that they had actually won and willl be heading to Spain in April. An amazing effort! I told the HT that it was the late rush of votes from Hibs.net that won the day. Thanks again - the bairns have smiles the length of ER!
    Brilliant! Well done for posting in the first place.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Superb

Ya beauty! Glad the votes helped! Wishing all the kids and staff a brilliant holiday. GGTTH.

Well done. Hope they have s briiliant time

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Superb!
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Left by mutual consent!
    Have a great time! Congratulations!

I just found out that, to ensure none of the parents/caters have to fork out for holiday gear for the bairns, Jet2 give them all clothes and s suitcase! The only problem for the school staff now is to keep the youngsters focused in school for the next wee while...nae chance!
    😂

I just found out that, to ensure none of the parents/caters have to fork out for holiday gear for the bairns, Jet2 give them all clothes and s suitcase! The only problem for the school staff now is to keep the youngsters focused in school for the next wee while...nae chance!
    😂
    That is brilliant. What a great treat for all the kids.

A huge ‘thank you’ to everyone who voted for Canal View PS in the Ultimate School Trip competition! The children learned today that they had actually won and willl be heading to Spain in April. An amazing effort! I told the HT that it was the late rush of votes from Hibs.net that won the day. �� Thanks again - the bairns have smiles the length of ER!
    That is fab.

Well done, Mr. Matt McGinn.
    Last edited by PapillonVert; 23-03-2018 at 08:57 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Great news - hope they have a ball !!

Quote Originally Posted by PapillonVert View Post
    That is fab.

Well done, Mr. Matt McGinn.
    😁

Left by mutual consent!
    Nice to see the local MP on the case to get a young Syrian refugee(who's now settled in Edinburgh) his passport in time.

https://t.co/xAvrkbnlwH

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    Nice to see the local MP on the case to get a young Syrian refugee(who's now settled in Edinburgh) his passport in time.

https://t.co/xAvrkbnlwH
    Bit of a misleading headline there as the Home Office hadn't blocked anything, BUT, at least someone got their finger out and expedited the application/paperwork

GOOD NEWS!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    Bit of a misleading headline there as the Home Office hadn't blocked anything, BUT, at least someone got their finger out and expedited the application/paperwork

GOOD NEWS!
    Working to their own deadlines it was going to take 3 months, however as the trip is away on April 20th, it's good that they got the finger out and all the pupils can get the benefits of their efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    Working to their own deadlines it was going to take 3 months, however as the trip is away on April 20th, it's good that they got the finger out and all the pupils can get the benefits of their efforts.
    Definitely. The Home Office told the Heidie that she wouldn’t be able to take the laddie and there was nothing else she could do. The HT contacted the school’s local MP to ask if she could do anything but she didn’t expect the request for help to end up at PMQ. Outstanding result. I heard the HT has been through in Glasgow sorting out passports while others are coordinating photos, birth certificates etc for other bairns. Great news for the wee man but also for those youngsters who have never had a passport and/or would probably never go abroad again.

A good news story that warms the cockles of the heart.

Hope they have an amazing time.