hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    20 + years done it again there was no other outcome

2. Log in to remove the advert

I'll be renewing mine next Saturday before the Partick Thistle game.

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Give the ticket office a call on 08448 441875

My application somehow got stuck between ticketmaster and Zebra. The ticket office got it unblocked for me and I received the docs to sign by email a couple of hours later.
    Thanks G , did that and they told me there were too many characters on my employers address and it was on hold? Sorted it and it’s all been fixed👍 What worries me is there might be people trying to buy at the last minute and they and Hibs may miss out!!
    Last edited by I'm_cabbaged; 23-03-2018 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    I think the only corner actually suitable is the North East, and they'd have to remove at least part of the side panels from the East and FF Stands as part of any construction.

Not sure that's feasible but you never know.
    Wouldnt it be possible to fill in the South West corner too? The stands are closer together, but look like there’s plenty space to join them.

I’m sure if desperately needed in the future, even the other 2 corners with the slopes could be filled - would need to be a single tier, like the ones at Ibrox though. Could be wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    Not until a couple of weeks before first home game.
    Thanks - I'll just need to be patient.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Austinho View Post
    Wouldnt it be possible to fill in the South West corner too? The stands are closer together, but look like there’s plenty space to join them.

I’m sure if desperately needed in the future, even the other 2 corners with the slopes could be filled - would need to be a single tier, like the ones at Ibrox though. Could be wrong!
    I hope it never happens in my lifetime, every available penny should go on the team. We have had years and years of being told jam tomorrow. Well now lets invest heavily in the team and see this success continue.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Austinho View Post

Anything’s possible of your pockets are deep enough I suppose...

The North East corner is clearly the easiest and has ample space to put a good sized structure in as well as a seating deck.

Would be very interesting to see a feasibility on filling that corner with safe standing and creating a supporters bar and the like behind. There is even scope to have part of the building well beyond the footprint of a ‘simple’ squaring off of the stands at the back while also linking with both stands and connecting the Famous 5 and East at the ground level.

It would also have the benefit of being the perfect spot for the singing section.

Not beyond the realms of possibility that if the club produced the plans and the estimated costs that the support might not rally itself to raise the funds (or root about for a couple of mystery benefactors!)....

Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    Anything’s possible of your pockets are deep enough I suppose...

The North East corner is clearly the easiest and has ample space to put a good sized structure in as well as a seating deck.

Would be very interesting to see a feasibility on filling that corner with safe standing and creating a supporters bar and the like behind. There is even scope to have part of the building well beyond the footprint of a ‘simple’ squaring off of the stands at the back while also linking with both stands and connecting the Famous 5 and East at the ground level.

It would also have the benefit of being the perfect spot for the singing section.

Not beyond the realms of possibility that if the club produced the plans and the estimated costs that the support might not rally itself to raise the funds (or root about for a couple of mystery benefactors!)....
    Why are people obsessed with this notion, I hope it never happens get the pennies spent on the team fill ER every week. Have great team great atmosphere we are not going to need a bigger stadium or supporters bar anytime soon. What we need is probably six or seven new players next year as some move on. We have to get that right and it will cost. Feasibility studies can wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Why are people obsessed with this notion, I hope it never happens get the pennies spent on the team fill ER every week. Have great team great atmosphere we are not going to need a bigger stadium or supporters bar anytime soon. What we need is probably six or seven new players next year as some move on. We have to get that right and it will cost. Feasibility studies can wait.
    There is an outside chance that with Edinburgh’s growing population and some good management at Hibs that a corner may need filled in at some point in the future.
    I can’t see the club ever building a bar that only opens 20 days a year. That would be a giant waste of money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree, all money should now go on the playing side of things. If we sold out every year for the next three seasons then maybe a rethink would be needed. I think its unlikely so playing side please for me

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    I wouldn’t say it’s an obsession. More that people are thinking of the possibility that more seats will generate more cash to spend on the team long term. Of course that will only happen if we’re able to fill them so I agree with Wakeyhibee in that we’ll need a few seasons of sell outs and near sellouts before we can even consider it.

Just renewed my two season tickets.

Great time to be a Hibby and loving attending matches with my son.

I hope all the people around us renew too.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member
    That's me back on board again.
    God bless the Hibs.

It’s not an obsession but clearly the stadium could be improved and it’s clear that this season we could have done with a bigger stadium on occasion.

I’m not saying it will score high on the cost / benefit scale hence why I suggested a supporter led campaign to raise the funds.

It’s also true that many people said exactly the same as you have regarding the East Stand and we now know that was spectacularly short sighted so I see nothing wrong in speculating how we could expand the capacity as well as the utility of our stadium.

First team first of course but none the less I think a filled in North / East corner would be an excellent addition

@hibs.net private member BenjiOscar's Avatar
    Next season, on the basis the SPFL are being fair on the fixture allocation, we will have 2 home games against each of the cheeks and 1 against the poppy thieves before the split. Throw in the Aberdeen match and that’s six 20,000+ sells outs. Given I expect us to be challenging for at least second place (hopefully top spot) we are likely to see increased attendances for the Motherwell, Killie, St J etc. matches.

Knowing that there is likely to be less walk ups available then that may convince more people to buy season tickets to guarantee they can get to these matches. Could we get to the scenario where there is a waiting list for season tickets? That would be some situation for us to be in!

Just got my first ever season ticket Incentive for me was actually being able to guarantee a decent seat every game in comparison to this season where I usually had to settle for seats that were squashed up in the corner.

I wouldn't call it an obsession, but doing it would be part of the progress the club is making. Its probably true that concentrating on infrastructure affected us on the park for the best part of a decade, though our failure during that time cant exclusively be put down to it, and its far too simplistic to say it was in my opinion.

A football club is a complete package, its as bad to neglect its off field activities as it is to neglect its activities on the field. Easter Road is a very good stadium, but its far from complete and to simply sit back and say 'aye good enough' cant be what this club is about .... perhaps the FF / east corner isn't a priority, but its development along with the rest of the stadium should always be on the table. As I've said before, Easter Road is very good .. it has the potential to be brilliant.

As for the supporter's bar ..... For me it was never just about profit. IMO the bar was a connection between the club and its every day ordinary supporters who maybe couldn't afford hospitality and its presence was a sign that Hibs didn't just look on the fans as just folk paying at the gate or loads of money for speciality packages. Besides that, where is it written that a supporters bar just has to be open on matchdays? If Hibs were to run it along the lines of a Wetherspoons and keep it open during the week there is no reason IMO why it couldn't at least break even ... cheap & cheerful seems to work fine for some.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thegaffer12 View Post
    Just got my first ever season ticket Incentive for me was actually being able to guarantee a decent seat every game in comparison to this season where I usually had to settle for seats that were squashed up in the corner.
    Great news, well done

3 renewed ,even for an idiot like me with the laptop it was easy enough

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thegaffer12 View Post
    Good man.

You’ve hit the nail on the head. For non season ticket holders the recent scramble for tickets in games has been a real surprise (or reality check 😉) - this would have been almost an unthinkable situation 4-5 seasons ago

Deluding ourselves as we're deep financial trouble, tick tock, etc etc according to Kickback experts, who have expertise in such matters. They are first people I turn to for advice on Hibs finances.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    I hope they do the corners at some point.

Worth it just to annoy the Hearts fans. And it’ll look good on the telly.

@hibs.net private member
    My initial comment below was about temporary seating in the corners to increase profit margin. Season ticket sales will be over 15,000 this season which would leave a small percentage available for walk ups to the games.
    If the value against cost was favourable it would increase the playing budget even further in future seasons.

I wonder if a feasibility study with HSE and cost versus value for temporary seating in one of the corners for the season.
    Probability of 6 home sell outs ( Hearts, Celtic, the rangers) + Aberdeen games and a good cup draw.
    Hibs finish well this season, I am confident Season ticket sales will be over 15,000.
    The temporary seating may add a further 1/2k tickets available,.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    I hope they do the corners at some point.

Worth it just to annoy the Hearts fans. And it’ll look good on the telly.
    Only if we fill them, nothing looks worse on telly than empty seats (hearts half empty new stand being a case in point).

For my part, as someone who doesn’t live in Edinburgh and has always just bought single tickets to games, I’d love to buy a season ticket to help the club plan for next season, and the added bonus that I’d be guaranteed a seats for derbies etc. however I’m reluctant in that I don’t want to deprive local hibees a place for games that I maybe can’t get to.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    ^^^ Buy one at the edges of one of the stands. Apparently no one likes these seats anyway.

Then when you can get to a game call the ticket office and swap your ST seat for one that you prefer or near your mates or whatever.

Your ST seat can then be sold so no one is deprived of seeing us beat Hearts again

^^^ Buy one at the edges of one of the stands. Apparently no one likes these seats anyway.

Then when you can get to a game call the ticket office and swap your ST seat for one that you prefer or near your mates or whatever.

Your ST seat can then be sold so no one is deprived of seeing us beat Hearts again
    If you want early bird and the payment plan you can also buy one now in a less than perfect spot then switch on the 1st June.

That’s what I did last year, bought two near the sides and then switched to two bang on the centre line and in prime spot. Had to be organised on the day but it was worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    I wouldn't call it an obsession, but doing it would be part of the progress the club is making. Its probably true that concentrating on infrastructure affected us on the park for the best part of a decade, though our failure during that time cant exclusively be put down to it, and its far too simplistic to say it was in my opinion.

A football club is a complete package, its as bad to neglect its off field activities as it is to neglect its activities on the field. Easter Road is a very good stadium, but its far from complete and to simply sit back and say 'aye good enough' cant be what this club is about .... perhaps the FF / east corner isn't a priority, but its development along with the rest of the stadium should always be on the table. As I've said before, Easter Road is very good .. it has the potential to be brilliant.

As for the supporter's bar ..... For me it was never just about profit. IMO the bar was a connection between the club and its every day ordinary supporters who maybe couldn't afford hospitality and its presence was a sign that Hibs didn't just look on the fans as just folk paying at the gate or loads of money for speciality packages. Besides that, where is it written that a supporters bar just has to be open on matchdays? If Hibs were to run it along the lines of a Wetherspoons and keep it open during the week there is no reason IMO why it couldn't at least break even ... cheap & cheerful seems to work fine for some.
    Considering the volume of housing crested very near by a wetherspoons style venue may actually be a viable prospect now....the layout and format would be ideal for matchdays as well.

As you say it’s all about having ambition to keep progressing on and off the park. Successful clubs do both.

Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    Considering the volume of housing crested very near by a wetherspoons style venue may actually be a viable prospect now....the layout and format would be ideal for matchdays as well.

As you say it’s all about having ambition to keep progressing on and off the park. Successful clubs do both.
    There is no way Hibs can buy booze as cheap as Mr Wetherspoon

If the corners were filled in these seats at the sides of the stands would no longer be at the sides and folk would buy them no problem!
    Good point.

For those saying don't do it, it's short time pain for long term gain.

And a supporters bar, in collaboration with the Hibs Supporters Club might work for both parties.

I'd hate to think we'd regularly have to turn supporters away, or even put them off, even a wee tiny bit, from coming along.
    Space to let

There is no way Hibs can buy booze as cheap as Mr Wetherspoon
    No they cant .... but hundreds of other boozers do ok without being Wetherspoons. Whatever Hibs decide to do with it nobody can disagree that we have a pretty large open space sitting doing nothing in a prime location ... they surely must have some idea what they are hoping to do with it.