hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: FF Lower Email

Quote Originally Posted by EH54 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not just to accommodate those who have been going sice we won the SC I have been a ST holder for the last 10 years on and off for 18 and soon I will be hoping to change to family section so I can start taking my Son right now that won't be possible. Family stands should be for families as harsh as it sounds surely it's common sense Hibs haven't had this problem before but surely getting kids bums on seats and encouraging our next generation is more important... My view is obviously slightly bias although don't sit in family section just yet
    What counts as family? Does going with your elderly dad for years not count as so?

Why should long standing season ticket holders be forced to move?

And where ? To seats new season ticket holders don’t want.

Nice way to reward loyalty

2. Log in to remove the advert

I know I've mentioned this before but I'm not convinced that a truly family only section at ER would need 2,000 seats.

There's loads of people that sit in the FF Lower that wouldn't qualify if it was made a completely Family Section*. Perhaps the club should set aside maybe 3 sections for that, and the other 2 could be mixed.

* Family Section: U16s accompanied by 1 or 2 adults. See, it's not that difficult to define ;-).

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maz View Post
    I agree with you here. We had to move because of the lift situation, we tried various seats in other stands that were empty because no-one would ever want to sit in them including one that you couldn’t see the goal-line. The Club actually gave us the seats in the FF Lower. I think they should extend Family prices to other parts of the ground so everyone is happy. I really can’t see where Hibs are going to accommodate all the people they are going to have to move. Also, these new ST holders might come for one season whereas I know people who have had their seats in FF Lower for years.
    That was the case with us as well. Thankfully, my dad (who used to use the lift) can make it up the stairs. It is just that it takes him quite a while to do so. So we stayed put.

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    That was the case with us as well. Thankfully, my dad (who used to use the lift) can make it up the stairs. It is just that it takes him quite a while to do so. So we stayed put.
    Is that lower down in the East Stand?

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven79 View Post
    Is that lower down in the East Stand?
    North most section of the West Upper. One of the ones we tried, the FF goal line is obscured by the side panelling of the West Stand. Another one you couldn’t see parts of the byeline at the South end due to the barriers at the “vomitorium” when sitting and a large number of people loitering at the vomitorium when standing.

Quote Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
    What counts as family? Does going with your elderly dad for years not count as so?

Why should long standing season ticket holders be forced to move?

And where ? To seats new season ticket holders don’t want.

Nice way to reward loyalty
    I can understand that people want to keep the same seats, particularly given the difficulty in getting good seats together elsewhere in the ground due to record season ticket sales.

But on the other hand the Famous Five Lower contains very cheap child seats to help families take young kids and get them interested in attending Hibs games. Once the kids are too old for the £25 tickets then by staying put their family is preventing the next generation of young kids from getting the benefit of the reduced ticket prices.

Maybe the solution is to give those who have outgrown the FF Lower a few days with exclusive choice of those seats where season tickets haven't been renewed.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    I can understand that people want to keep the same seats, particularly given the difficulty in getting good seats together elsewhere in the ground due to record season ticket sales.

But on the other hand the Famous Five Lower contains very cheap child seats to help families take young kids and get them interested in attending Hibs games. Once the kids are too old for the £25 tickets then by staying put their family is preventing the next generation of young kids from getting the benefit of the reduced ticket prices.

Maybe the solution is to give those who have outgrown the FF Lower a few days with exclusive choice of those seats where season tickets haven't been renewed.

The whole idea of only allowing the child £25 price in one stand has contributed massively to this issue we are now seeing with mass empty seats in the FF. If the price for a certain age child is £25 then the parent should have been able to buy their kid a ST regardless of what stand they chose.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    My 6 year old grandson has a season ticket for the West Upper. Cost me £70 but is still great value for money. Unfortunately he only comes down to Edinburgh every other weekend so it's pot luck if a home game coincides with his visit. Be lucky if it's been used half dozen times this season.