hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: FF Lower Email

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’m with SH, hating watching football from behind the goals now. Seems most away grounds we go too, we are behind the goals, apart from Tannadice I think, of the bigger grounds we visit
    And Pittodrie.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Suppose It’s handy to have kids season tickets which can be used when others want to come and sit with their mates. You can upgrade the kids season tickets but it’s a hassle to upgrade and collect tickets. For £25 it’s a guaranteed ticket when required. Releasing the seats when not being used is good but I guess in demand games will probably be used.

First Team Breakthrough
    Folks, noticed when looking for a season next to mine for a friend that there are quite a few in a decent sized group available in Section 38 of the East. Think they might be the seasons that Frank Suzy gets for the kids that maybe have been released already. Should be handy for anyone that is thinking of moving from the FF

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    No admittance to Lower FF unless accompanied by a child. Sorted
    The problem with that suggestion is my 6 year old son doesn't attend evening games, so I would lose out despite paying for a full price adult ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Grieves View Post
    The problem with that suggestion is my 6 year old son doesn't attend evening games, so I would lose out despite paying for a full price adult ticket.
    I don't think any reasonable person would have a problem with that and wouldn't expect you not to be able to attend without him.

The problem is when people buy kids season tickets but never actually take the kids apart from 2 or 3 games a season as the FF lower always has free seats despite being sold out or as good as.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    I think the issue is that there are new families keen to get STs in the area but they can’t as it’s sold out - even though there are a huge number of nom-attendees at most games. I think it’s correct that the club should be looking to accommodate these potential new lifelong fans. I’m assuming the folk who have received the letters are ones where one or more of the tickets in their group have been unused for a decent number of games. That’s stopping others from having the opportunity to attend.
    I agree with fuzzywuzzy suddenly hibs are on the up and now everyone seems to be coming out of the woodwork and wanting too take their kids and the loyal people that that have been watching dross over the years in the ff lower are getting penalised.
    If hibs never won the Scottish the average attendance would be about 6000

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aiden15088 View Post
    I agree with fuzzywuzzy suddenly hibs are on the up and now everyone seems to be coming out of the woodwork and wanting too take their kids and the loyal people that that have been watching dross over the years in the ff lower are getting penalised.
    What's your point? We did win the cup,Hibs are flying and attendances are up.

Would never have been as low as 6000 but if your auntie had bollocks and all that...

Totally agree, still raging we won the Scottish Cup

I’m sure folk who have attended the majority of games and all of the tickets in their group have also been usef, i.e., not empty seats, aren’t being booted out. The issue is with kids tickets being purchased and barely used. Kind of like a towel lying on an empty sunbed all day. I think you maybe missed the point.

Testimonial Due
    This is like that national lottery advert... nicer problems to have!

@hibs.net private member
    Would you prefer we went back to being dross?

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsforeurope View Post
    The club managed to find alternative seats for those moved out of Section 25 in other parts of the ground, I would hope that the same will be done for those in the Family sections.
    Going forward there shouldn't be anyone in there who are not accompanying a child.
    Sorry but I cant agree with that

Why should someone who has sat there for donkeys years and made friends with folk around them have to move because their children happen to grow up?

What if they cant a space for their group in another stand or they don't like the experience elsewhere and stop going?

Will we next be specifying how may people can accompany a child or providing a child to adult ratio.

Somehow or other we need to be able to accommodate everyone who wants to buy a season ticket and as many of those who want to walk up as is humanly possible.

If that means imaginative solutions like Cat B season tickets in the South Stand so be it

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    £25 / 18 = £1.39 per game.

Surely watching Hibs is worth more than that?

We all want more money going into club. Next time you’re at ER take a look around at the folk sitting nearby you. I bet close on 50% will be a concession of some sort.

If we want to grow and compete then the price of these concessions needs to be carefully managed upwards over the next few seasons.
    It is certainly worth more than that, but IMO it would be a very sad day if family's were priced out of taking their children.

BTW this isn't a personal agenda thing my two are 28 and 26 and sit in the West Stand.

The time of maximum pressure on the family budget is when the kids are wee as either mum or dad depending on their choices don't work a lot of hours as the cost of paying for childcare can for many outweigh the income earned as the kids need full time care and aren't at school or can be left to their own devices even for short times.

If I need to subsidise people in that situation by having to pay more than I would if their tickets were dearer its a price I am willing to pay.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Not saying I agree with this but the simple answer to your point is that the FF lower is a family section and not for you. Sorry!

Kinda irrelevant that you’ve been there for years - you could say you’ve been fortunate to have been allowed to for so long! Similarly, I wouldn’t expect to be able to sit there with my mate and his kids.

I know that sounds harsh and I don’t mean it to be.

If I were you I’d contact the club and explain the situation. I’m sure they will accommodate those in a similar situation as it can only be a handful of folk we’re talking about here, not hundreds.

A quick email mail to them should hopefully ease any concerns. Good luck.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    It is certainly worth more than that, but IMO it would be a very sad day if family's were priced out of taking their children.

BTW this isn't a personal agenda thing my two are 28 and 26 and sit in the West Stand.

The time of maximum pressure on the family budget is when the kids are wee as either mum or dad depending on their choices don't work a lot of hours as the cost of paying for childcare can for many outweigh the income earned as the kids need full time care and aren't at school or can be left to their own devices even for short times.

If I need to subsidise people in that situation by having to pay more than I would if their tickets were dearer its a price I am willing to pay.
    Yeah but let’s not pretend that every family with kids is living off food banks.

Plenty in Behind the Goals with parents having a few beers, or climbing out of their parents Merc’s or BMWs!!

Pretty sure they can afford more than 11p per game.

11 pence ffs. £11 would still be terrific value.

jealousy is a terrible trait in people.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Think we need to chip away at the problem. If there are people buying these to get an extra cup final ticket then we remove that privilege unless the ticket is used 50%

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Maybe Hibs could clarify their thinking behind the email and what their future plans are for the FF lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    Maybe Hibs could clarify their thinking behind the email and what their future plans are for the FF lower.
    To me, it's seemed to be to try and get either the season tickets used more often or those that won't be used given up.

The minimum cost for a kids ticket in FfLower with an adult should be the average of a £5 a game ...or.the.option of £50 for Cat B games only ...first dibs on Cat A games at £8 a game. ..the world moves on and Hibs are a business, the catch 22 is that the club need.the fans but the fans in this instance.kids wont go to a game.if.the team are crap ! so the happy medium needs to be found.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    Hibs want it to be a family section where family groups, with kids, can sit. Where they can concentrate their child friendly activities and grow future generations of supporters.

Simples.
    Space to let

@hibs.net private member hibsforeurope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    Sorry but I cant agree with that

Why should someone who has sat there for donkeys years and made friends with folk around them have to move because their children happen to grow up?

What if they cant a space for their group in another stand or they don't like the experience elsewhere and stop going?

Will we next be specifying how may people can accompany a child or providing a child to adult ratio.

Somehow or other we need to be able to accommodate everyone who wants to buy a season ticket and as many of those who want to walk up as is humanly possible.

If that means imaginative solutions like Cat B season tickets in the South Stand so be it
    Would a parent who has made friends with other parents at the school gates, whilst dropping off their kid at school, continue to meet these people at the school gates long after their child has left school?

Surely they would move on to another place to meet.

This would be my take on the FF lower, now that is has been made the designated child friendly seating area.

i'm not talking about moving everyone who currently sits in there, as many tickets are accompanying children.

my suggestion would be making it a parent and child ticket, £385 for adult and U-11, with different add ons for 2 adults/children, different age ranges etc.

We have to start somewhere in an attempt to make space for new families wanting to get season tickets.

It's not just to accommodate those who have been going sice we won the SC I have been a ST holder for the last 10 years on and off for 18 and soon I will be hoping to change to family section so I can start taking my Son right now that won't be possible. Family stands should be for families as harsh as it sounds surely it's common sense Hibs haven't had this problem before but surely getting kids bums on seats and encouraging our next generation is more important... My view is obviously slightly bias although don't sit in family section just yet

Another option is to open other parts of the ground for Families perhaps its time to look at CatB season tickets in the South too

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EH54 View Post
    It's not just to accommodate those who have been going sice we won the SC I have been a ST holder for the last 10 years on and off for 18 and soon I will be hoping to change to family section so I can start taking my Son right now that won't be possible. Family stands should be for families as harsh as it sounds surely it's common sense Hibs haven't had this problem before but surely getting kids bums on seats and encouraging our next generation is more important... My view is obviously slightly bias although don't sit in family section just yet
    Your situation was exactly like mine. The only difference was that I was easily able to get a ticket in the FF as we had just been relegated. I lasted 1 season in there as it’s far from a family friendly atmosphere. The only advantage at the moment to sitting in there is the cheap kids season ticket. I’ve sat up in family sections in other stadiums and you get warned for using bad language. Personally it’s not something that bothers me, but I moved out after 1 season because it was pointless being in there, there’s nothing family orientated about that stand.

United we stand here....

@lord bunberry

Interesting, The ticket price is a bonus but I would happily pay the extra £80 or so for a child ticket elsewhere in the ground but just assumed the FF lower would be the best place with mostly families and wouldn't need to worry about standing to see the game etc.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EH54 View Post
    @lord bunberry

Interesting, The ticket price is a bonus but I would happily pay the extra £80 or so for a child ticket elsewhere in the ground but just assumed the FF lower would be the best place with mostly families and wouldn't need to worry about standing to see the game etc.
    In my experience it was just the same as sitting in any other stand, that’s why I moved out after 1 season. If they’re going to make it a family stand, they should do it properly. Unfortunately that means moving people out, and lots of people don’t want to move.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoasthibby View Post
    The minimum cost for a kids ticket in FfLower with an adult should be the average of a £5 a game ...or.the.option of £50 for Cat B games only ...first dibs on Cat A games at £8 a game. ..the world moves on and Hibs are a business, the catch 22 is that the club need.the fans but the fans in this instance.kids wont go to a game.if.the team are crap ! so the happy medium needs to be found.
    If the kids dont watch the "crap" teams what's the problem these are never sold out anyway no problem getting tickets

Quote Originally Posted by percy veer View Post
    If the kids dont watch the "crap" teams what's the problem these are never sold out anyway no problem getting tickets
    That's the thing I don't get. Seems to be kids are to blame that the fair weather fans that want to turn up for the cat A games can't get a ticket while not bothering their arse for the other games.