hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FF Lower Email

Just to be clear ... as an adult in the FF lower who has always accompanied a family to games I still don't get a 'family' season ticket ... my early bird price was £385 as opposed to the £360 the two other adults in our group will pay.

After next season both the kids in our group will be in the youth and ( almost certainly ) student bracket ..... I'm so desperate to sit in the FF upper, which IMO is the best view in the stadium I'm almost considering covering the difference for them myself so we can all sit up there ... it would be £50 well spent.

That would free up 4 seats in the FF lower

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just to be clear ... as an adult in the FF lower who has always accompanied a family to games I still don't get a 'family' season ticket ... my early bird price was £385 as opposed to the £360 the two other adults in our group will pay.

After next season both the kids in our group will be in the youth and ( almost certainly ) student bracket ..... I'm so desperate to sit in the FF upper, which IMO is the best view in the stadium I'm almost considering covering the difference for them myself so we can all sit up there ... it would be £50 well spent.

FF upper... Arthur’s seat peeking over the horizon 💚

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

Interesting that you consider FF upper as best seats in stadium. Apart from away games where you have no choice I hate watching from behind the goals these days.
    For me it's much more enjoyable from a side view of the pitch. I struggle with distance and perspective when watching from one end especially when play is up the other end.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    I’ve only sat in the FF upper a few times and also find it hard following the action at the other end of the pitch.

Was there for the AEK game though and it was amazing seeing the rest of the stadium bouncing so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaff View Post
    The £25 tickets are an investment by the club, kids aren't under 12 yr old for life and my daughter this year moves up to a youth ticket, which she is desperate to get since she has the habit now, her brother will follow suit and hopefully they'll go on to be adult ST holders too.
    Hold your nerve Hibs and keep this deal going, I'd be interested to know how many current attendees started off on the £25 ticket?
    I can remember when we had a half empty stadium and folk were shouting to give tickets away for free as it would make fans for life, well this system is better and I think it has made numerous fans for life
    I get what you’re saying. However. If the area is sold out how do you explain it being almost half empty for the bulk of games?

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    Interesting that you consider FF upper as best seats in stadium. Apart from away games where you have no choice I hate watching from behind the goals these days.
    For me it's much more enjoyable from a side view of the pitch. I struggle with distance and perspective when watching from one end especially when play is up the other end.
    I’m the opposite. I hate watching from the side and I struggle to see properly whenever the ball is at either end on that side of the pitch. We tried out a few seats in the North most section of the West Upper towards the end of last season and it was woeful.

Hardly any of the people in the front two rows of S25 of the FF Upper moved despite a fair bit of pressure from Hibs to do so. The reason was that most of us thought we had some of the best seats in the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    So the people that have family tickets in the ff lower should be bumped in favour of fair weather fans that will turn up (probably pissed) for a handful of cat A games. Those that have there seats in the FF will have bee there for years and through the ***** times. So now we're on the up, these guys get penalised for wanting to take their kids to make room for folk that want to attend the hearts, Celtic and the rangers games. Then if there a few seasons decline, these guys will not bother their arse and seats will be empty.

Trying to solve a problem that isn't really there and penalizing people for introducing their kids to hibs and football is shan. These kids attending now are the next generation and theirs are the generation after that. Kids should be encouraged to the games.

And to lay the blame at child non attendees is off the mark. There are a number of adults round me in the FF Lower that aren't there every home game.
    I think the issue is that there are new families keen to get STs in the area but they can’t as it’s sold out - even though there are a huge number of nom-attendees at most games. I think it’s correct that the club should be looking to accommodate these potential new lifelong fans. I’m assuming the folk who have received the letters are ones where one or more of the tickets in their group have been unused for a decent number of games. That’s stopping others from having the opportunity to attend.

Quote Originally Posted by West lower View Post
    So if the child is sick and can’t go , the adult doesn’t get in the gate ? Or is it ok with a doctors line ?
    Why would Ann B(udge) issue a line?

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    Funny how folk are different S.H. ... I find that from the elevated position I have a far better perspective of how play is developing up the other end of the park. I also think that from behind the goals you get a far better idea of the movement of the play across the pitch ... for example, SJM's sublime 40 yard diagonal to McLaren in the derby.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    I'd hope that when peoples children grew up they would move to other areas of the stadium and free up space to allow families with young children to benefit from the family friendly pricing.
    where are these spaces, far east or west of the east stand, right up the back or down the front? nothing in west really either, the stadium isnt big enough to still get a decent seat if you have to move from FF lower. to me its simple, if tickets dont get used then next season they have to pay full kids price, i will be looking to stay where i am, great seats behind the goal and seeing the kids tickets prices rise to youth and adult in the process. why should i move when ive sat there for years?

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    It's not that simple though is it? What about those who've had season tickets since the stand was built and sat there with their children and now still sit there with their grown up children?
    Exactly. Why should you have to move seats potentially you have sat there for years.

Hibs could irritate fans who have been season ticket holders for years and years all through the bad times. Where were all those extra fans then???

Yes it’s a nice problem to have - having so many season ticket holders but loyalty has to be taken into account as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
    Exactly. Why should you have to move seats potentially you have sat there for years.

Hibs could irritate fans who have been season ticket holders for years and years all through the bad times. Where were all those extra fans then???

Yes it’s a nice problem to have - having so many season ticket holders but loyalty has to be taken into account as well.
    Are these the folk who are getting the emails though?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Funny how folk are different S.H. ... I find that from the elevated position I have a far better perspective of how play is developing up the other end of the park. I also think that from behind the goals you get a far better idea of the movement of the play across the pitch ... for example, SJM's sublime 40 yard diagonal to McLaren in the derby.
    I’m with SH, hating watching football from behind the goals now. Seems most away grounds we go too, we are behind the goals, apart from Tannadice I think, of the bigger grounds we visit

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    We buy single seats in the lower FF, the kids that are with us are on their Mothers database, so going by your reckoning we (Wife & I) shouldnt be allowed to purchase tickets ?

We all attend as a family & when the kids Mother or Father cant attend (due to work) then we take the kids along to the game
    That’s not what I’m saying, and as soon as I finished typing my previous post I knew someone would come up with an example like you have. I’m talking about people with no children and have no intention of going to the game with children. These people should move out of the FF lower and sit elsewhere in the stadium. It’s supposed to be the family area, but the language in there was worse than in the east. Some of that was coming from people there with their kids, but mostly it wasn’t.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I’m with SH, hating watching football from behind the goals now. Seems most away grounds we go too, we are behind the goals, apart from Tannadice I think, of the bigger grounds we visit
    Spent a season in the east not long after it opened, quite close to half way and very high up .... you couldn't argue with the view, it was magnificent, but I still found myself hankering after my behind the goals perspective

They should move because they’re sitting in the family section. New families could be buying those seats and starting the next generation of supporters.

United we stand here....

Spent a season in the east not long after it opened, quite close to half way and very high up .... you couldn't argue with the view, it was magnificent, but I still found myself hankering after my behind the goals perspective
    It’s all about what makes you happy

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    They should move because they’re sitting in the family section. New families could be buying those seats and starting the next generation of supporters.
    What a load of rubbish.. I go with my dad does that mean we are not a family? Where are all those new seats for the families you are chucking out to make way.

They’ve had season tickets for years but now are moved to seats no one wants. Good customer service that is

What a load of rubbish.. I go with my dad does that mean we are not a family?
    It means you shouldn’t be sitting in an area designated for adults with young children.

United we stand here....

It means you shouldn’t be sitting in an area designated for adults with young children.
    So where are those people who have had season tickets for years to move to...there are no seats for them

This will be a big problem too if section 50 people are forced to move

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    I get what you’re saying. However. If the area is sold out how do you explain it being almost half empty for the bulk of games?
    Agree that is annoying and hopefully the new initiative by the club on releasing seats for sale will alleviate that?
    For the 'sold out' games I haven't seen empty seats in our area and although annoying to see gaps at other games there has still been tickets available in the South stand so other than actually not allowing the kids ST sales I'm not sure how more people can get into the sold out matches.

While the Chief above states the ticket price is £25/18 but in effect ours will be £360+£25/18 = ~£21.50 for an adult and child or £360+£110(or is it £85? Haven't renewed yet)/18 for an adult and youth. Taking the £25 as a stand alone cost is disingenuous since there is no such ticket available

So where are those people who have had season tickets for years to move to...there are no seats for them

This will be a big problem too if section 50 people are forced to move
    I would imagine there will be seats available somewhere in the stadium. The biggest problem with this is the half ***** way in which the whole family section was introduced. It should be made clear that if you’re sitting in that section it’s because you are attending with children (most of the time). The problem now is that people like yourself are being made to suffer for it. Personally I would have moved the family section to the area in the east closest to the ff, but it should have been done years ago, it’s probably too late now.

United we stand here....

Filling in the corners would save so many problems

Quote Originally Posted by Kaff View Post
    Agree that is annoying and hopefully the new initiative by the club on releasing seats for sale will alleviate that?
    For the 'sold out' games I haven't seen empty seats in our area and although annoying to see gaps at other games there has still been tickets available in the South stand so other than actually not allowing the kids ST sales I'm not sure how more people can get into the sold out matches.

While the Chief above states the ticket price is £25/18 but in effect ours will be £360+£25/18 = ~£21.50 for an adult and child or £360+£110(or is it £85? Haven't renewed yet)/18 for an adult and youth. Taking the £25 as a stand alone cost is disingenuous since there is no such ticket available
    So adult + child = £21.50

Adult = £21.39

You’re paying £0.11 per game for your kid.

Nothing disingenuous about that

I would imagine there will be seats available somewhere in the stadium. The biggest problem with this is the half ***** way in which the whole family section was introduced. It should be made clear that if you’re sitting in that section it’s because you are attending with children (most of the time). The problem now is that people like yourself are being made to suffer for it. Personally I would have moved the family section to the area in the east closest to the ff, but it should have been done years ago, it’s probably too late now.
    So, what if Hibs done that, the ‘family area’ didn’t sell out but the rest of the stadium did, any other fans wanting to attend couldn’t even though there were 500 empty seats? Mental.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post

Adult = £21.39

It is absolutely a good deal, I've been to away games where parent and child have been £20 and adult price on own has also been £20 so Hibs are ripping me off!

I know there are areas which can wind others up but I think its a decent system and unlike the loyalty points I hope the club perhaps tweak rather than ditch it to appease the minority (Imo).
    The wide range of ages at Easter Road is a huge plus and shouldn't be disregarded, thankfully there is a vibrant youthful percentage to keep the club growing. We don't want to head down the path where only middle aged well paid folk can attend games as that will bring a staleness we want to leave behind not encourage

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post

Adult = £21.39

I presume VAT still has to be taken off?

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    There might well be a case here for Hibs to rationalise the spare single seats throughout the stadium.
    It seems to me there's a desire from fans to buy tickets in 2's, 3's or more but the single seats are spread out throughout the stands.
    Would it be such a big ask to move folk along "their row" in the close season so as to free up all these currently unattractive seating options,,,,

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    There might well be a case here for Hibs to rationalise the spare single seats throughout the stadium.
    It seems to me there's a desire from fans to buy tickets in 2's, 3's or more but the single seats are spread out throughout the stands.
    Would it be such a big ask to move folk along "their row" in the close season so as to free up all these currently unattractive seating options,,,,
    This. I think it should also be possible in the ticketing system to prevent people purchasing tickets which would leave vacant single seats. I can’t remember what event it was for but I have seen this implemented on ticket websites before. For example, if you wish to purchase a pair of tickets and seats 1-4 are vacant it prevents you from purchasing seats 2 & 3 together which would leave 1 and 4 as single seats.

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Easier said than done. Quite a lot of those moved due to the singing section went to the black seats in the FF Upper which are great seats. The folk in there are getting moved though season after next I think. Those that had to move out of the FF (e.g. due to the lift being closed) were often offered seats by the Club that were free for a reason. That reason being that nobody else would touch them. I know some people couldn’t get a suitable seat for their needs.

With so many STs now, if the Club move a lot of folk en-mass it will be more difficult to accommodate them, especially if they are part of a large group.
    I agree with you here. We had to move because of the lift situation, we tried various seats in other stands that were empty because no-one would ever want to sit in them including one that you couldn’t see the goal-line. The Club actually gave us the seats in the FF Lower. I think they should extend Family prices to other parts of the ground so everyone is happy. I really can’t see where Hibs are going to accommodate all the people they are going to have to move. Also, these new ST holders might come for one season whereas I know people who have had their seats in FF Lower for years.