hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FF Lower Email

So what I’m seeing is if your over 16 with no kids but really enjoy sitting behind the goals you shouldn’t be allowed? Nonsense.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So what I’m seeing is if your over 16 with no kids but really enjoy sitting behind the goals you shouldn’t be allowed? Nonsense.

FF Upper?

p.s. What's so special about May 2116?

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    It's not that simple though is it? What about those who've had season tickets since the stand was built and sat there with their children and now still sit there with their grown up children?
    Exactly. I’m there every game with my son who is now 17. The number of empty seats round about us for most games is incredible though. I’m glad the club are looking into this.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    No admittance to Lower FF unless accompanied by a child. Sorted
    So if the child is sick and can’t go , the adult doesn’t get in the gate ? Or is it ok with a doctors line ?

How many games have there actually been where no one could get a ticket? The 2 hearts games? No problem here just creating a mountain out a mole hill

Quote Originally Posted by percy veer View Post
    How many games have there actually been where no one could get a ticket? The 2 hearts games? No problem here just creating a mountain out a mole hill
    Yeap.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Yeap.
    Yeap much better to be reactive than proactive. Let’s hold off until the situation worsens and then try dealing with it.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Yeap much better to be reactive than proactive. Let’s hold off until the situation worsens and then try dealing with it.
    We have the biggest average attendance in my lifetime and I am really old.😃 And that is all down to the team on the park. There is no need to divert funds from the playing staff to infrastructure at present, we are still short of selling out at present.
    That obviously changes if we sustain this in the long to medium term.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    We have the biggest average attendance in my lifetime and I am really old. And that is all down to the team on the park. There is no need to divert funds from the playing staff to infrastructure at present, we are still short of selling out at present.
    That obviously changes if we sustain this in the long to medium term.
    But if you don’t plan now then by the time the long and medium term arrive yer stuffed.

We have also had teams that have performed top 6 before but not had the equivalent crowds.

Now I know that fitba fans are a fickle bunch and the tide can turn pretty rapidly but none the less with a rise in demand like we have seen the first thing you need to do is maximise the use of the seats you have so this seems a sensible enough step for Hibs to take.

The £25 tickets are an investment by the club, kids aren't under 12 yr old for life and my daughter this year moves up to a youth ticket, which she is desperate to get since she has the habit now, her brother will follow suit and hopefully they'll go on to be adult ST holders too.
    Hold your nerve Hibs and keep this deal going, I'd be interested to know how many current attendees started off on the £25 ticket?
    I can remember when we had a half empty stadium and folk were shouting to give tickets away for free as it would make fans for life, well this system is better and I think it has made numerous fans for life

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    I wonder if so many of the FF seats would remain empty for night and big games if they were more expensive to buy in tbe first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    I wonder if so many of the FF seats would remain empty for night and big games if they were more expensive to buy in tbe first place.
    Depends how much more expensive? If it was too much more my 2 x 25 tickets would be empty for every game as well as my own seat as I can't justify paying too much or leaving all the kids at home every second week.

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Have said it for years one of the reasons that we have a large number of young supporters hails from when the FF was first built. You used to get two adults and two bairns cheaper than two adult tickets by themselves. If that deal wasn’t in place my two wouldn’t had been ST holders since they were four. It’s in their DNA to attend games 👍🇳🇬🇳🇬

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Whatever way you cut it, £25 for a ST is not enough.

Scrap them altogether and those of you who used them can instead enrol your children in the Hibs kids where they’ll get a few free games a season.

I just checked the website. A seat in the west upper is £75, £130, £175 or £385.

Do we really need 4 price points? The only difference being the age of the person who buys them?

Does any other industry work like that? Cinemas or the likes will have kids prices but I bet there’s not as big a gap.

Your restaurant bill isn’t less than half price just cause you’re over 65.

Personally I’d have a regular price and one for concessions. And even then the concession price would not be less that half the standard price. Or go for 1 flat price across the whole stadium. Someone can do the math.

I know that I'll have to move out the lower FF soon. My youngest will start gling in a couple of years and there's not a snowball's hope in hell that I'll get a spare seat next to me for him. Asked last year and it was gone and I can only ask again this year.

So the people that have family tickets in the ff lower should be bumped in favour of fair weather fans that will turn up (probably pissed) for a handful of cat A games. Those that have there seats in the FF will have bee there for years and through the ***** times. So now we're on the up, these guys get penalised for wanting to take their kids to make room for folk that want to attend the hearts, Celtic and the rangers games. Then if there a few seasons decline, these guys will not bother their arse and seats will be empty.

Trying to solve a problem that isn't really there and penalizing people for introducing their kids to hibs and football is shan. These kids attending now are the next generation and theirs are the generation after that. Kids should be encouraged to the games.

And to lay the blame at child non attendees is off the mark. There are a number of adults round me in the FF Lower that aren't there every home game.

Would love to know our kids memberships / ticket sales over the past few years.

As others have said - bring the kids and they are the future of Hibs - it will stick with them and be in their DNA.

Maybe the new online system should be promoted more so we avoid issues with any empty sold seats in future.

But we really should be making it as easy as possible for Kids and families attend.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Whatever way you cut it, £25 for a ST is not enough.

Scrap them altogether and those of you who used them can instead enrol your children in the Hibs kids where they’ll get a few free games a season.

I just checked the website. A seat in the west upper is £75, £130, £175 or £385.

Do we really need 4 price points? The only difference being the age of the person who buys them?

Does any other industry work like that? Cinemas or the likes will have kids prices but I bet there’s not as big a gap.

Your restaurant bill isn’t less than half price just cause you’re over 65.

Personally I’d have a regular price and one for concessions. And even then the concession price would not be less that half the standard price. Or go for 1 flat price across the whole stadium. Someone can do the math.
    That is absolute rubbish and the post just above you explains the reason why. My son started as a £25 ticket and he has since moved up to a £130 he will continue to go as he now has the bug and got that as a very young kid. He was 23 months old when he got is first ST and attended his first game.

So if you’re laddie hadn’t gone to a game at 23 months he wouldn’t have grown up to be a Hibby?

Absolute rubbish

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    So if you’re laddie hadn’t gone to a game at 23 months he wouldn’t have grown up to be a Hibby?

Absolute rubbish
    There’s a difference between being a Hibby and a ST holding Hibby though ;)

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsforeurope View Post
    The club managed to find alternative seats for those moved out of Section 25 in other parts of the ground, I would hope that the same will be done for those in the Family sections.
    Going forward there shouldn't be anyone in there who are not accompanying a child.
    Easier said than done. Quite a lot of those moved due to the singing section went to the black seats in the FF Upper which are great seats. The folk in there are getting moved though season after next I think. Those that had to move out of the FF (e.g. due to the lift being closed) were often offered seats by the Club that were free for a reason. That reason being that nobody else would touch them. I know some people couldn’t get a suitable seat for their needs.

With so many STs now, if the Club move a lot of folk en-mass it will be more difficult to accommodate them, especially if they are part of a large group.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar

Absolute rubbish
    He would always have been a Hibby, the threat of sleeping in the shed would have sen to that, but whether he would have continued to attend matches or not is a different matter. It becomes a habit, something you do without even thinking about it

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by West lower View Post
    So if the child is sick and can’t go , the adult doesn’t get in the gate ? Or is it ok with a doctors line ?
    That’s just being silly. What it means is you shouldn’t be allowed to buy a single adult season ticket for the FF stand. If you have an adult and a child season tickets, and your child doesn’t attend, you won’t be stopped from getting in.
    People get really attached to individual seats at the football, it’s something I’ve never understood. The view from the FF lower is the worst in the stadium.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    That’s just being silly. What it means is you shouldn’t be allowed to buy a single adult season ticket for the FF stand. If you have an adult and a child season tickets, and your child doesn’t attend, you won’t be stopped from getting in.
    People get really attached to individual seats at the football, it’s something I’ve never understood. The view from the FF lower is the worst in the stadium.
    The view from the lower FF is nowhere near the worst part of the stadium, we have all had seats there for a good few seasons & more than happy with them, wouldnt want to sit anywhere else

First Team Breakthrough
    Next time I will put a smiley. Just so you know I am joking

£25 / 18 = £1.39 per game.

Surely watching Hibs is worth more than that?

We all want more money going into club. Next time you’re at ER take a look around at the folk sitting nearby you. I bet close on 50% will be a concession of some sort.

If we want to grow and compete then the price of these concessions needs to be carefully managed upwards over the next few seasons.

We buy single seats in the lower FF, the kids that are with us are on their Mothers database, so going by your reckoning we (Wife & I) shouldnt be allowed to purchase tickets ?

We all attend as a family & when the kids Mother or Father cant attend (due to work) then we take the kids along to the game

£25 / 18 = £1.39 per game.

Surely watching Hibs is worth more than that?

We all want more money going into club. Next time you’re at ER take a look around at the folk sitting nearby you. I bet close on 50% will be a concession of some sort.

If we want to grow and compete then the price of these concessions needs to be carefully managed upwards over the next few seasons.
    It is, but funnily enough, people with small children often have the least disposable income, so to get future fans through the door, and their adults, hibs offer a reduced price.

I've got the perfect solution for the 'Cheap Kids ticket in the FF Lower' arguments...

a) Ticket is purchased for £380

b) The club offer a Child Discount Ticket, only on sale along with a Full Adult Ticket.

c) When the parent knows for certain that the child will not be attending a game, they inform the club at least one week in advance, the seat goes on General Sale, and the Child Discount Ticket is allocated a Full Bonus Point.

d) Every time an Adult turns up with said child, and can prove the child's age, it's recorded in the database as a 'Discount Bonus Point'

At the end of the season, the number of Bonus Points is added up, multiplied by the relevant amount, and the calculated amount returned to the purchaser.

For Example (numbers plucked from thin air):

Number of full Bonus Points = 5, times £20 = £100 returned
    Number of Discount Bonus Points = 8, times £18 = £144 returned.

Ticket purchased for £380, Amount returned £244, Actual Cost £136

That means the purchaser paid full price for 5 games, in which time they could quite legitimately have been used by an adult (otherwise the purchaser would have claimed the discount for non-attendance), presumably because they wanted to take their mate that day instead.

Arguments over, no cheating, problem solved
    Last edited by Keith_M; 25-03-2018 at 11:48 AM.

Surely it’s only a matter of time until the Singing Section takes up a position behind the goals.

Getting a better handle on the logistics of seats in that area is the first step.

There is a medium to long term strategy at play here and I believe Leeann and Neil are pushing progress.