hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FF Lower Email

FF Lower Email

I received an email this afternoon from a member of the ticket office staff talking about the FF Lower and noting that it is sold out but noting that there are often spaces in it. This was a precursor to noting that one of my season tickets hasn't been used all season and seeing if I was planning on renewing it. Has anyone else had one of these?

There's two reasons I'm asking.

1) because it shows the club are aware of the issue and trying to deal with it and

2) because the season ticket in question has been used on numerous occasions and hibs have got it wrong. Whilst I don't mind I'd imagine some people wrongly receiving this email might be slightly peeved.

Has anyone else had this?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I received an email this afternoon from a member of the ticket office staff talking about the FF Lower and noting that it is sold out but noting that there are often spaces in it. This was a precursor to noting that one of my season tickets hasn't been used all season and seeing if I was planning on renewing it. Has anyone else had one of these?

1) because it shows the club are aware of the issue and trying to deal with it and

2) because the season ticket in question has been used on numerous occasions and hibs have got it wrong. Whilst I don't mind I'd imagine some people wrongly receiving this email might be slightly peeved.

I got this, gave them some feedback regarding why its not been used to much, mainly night games also asked if they could extend the seat prices to other parts of the stadiums to encourage more families. feeback has been noted

Quote Originally Posted by percy veer View Post
    I got this, gave them some feedback regarding why its not been used to much, mainly night games also asked if they could extend the seat prices to other parts of the stadiums to encourage more families. feeback has been noted
    I'm the same r.e. the night games, live out of town so not taking a 5 and 7 year old when they won't get home until 11.

What confused me however was them saying one hadn't been used at all when he's been to every day time game!

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Good to see the club trying to do something about this though.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Good to see the club trying to do something about this though.
    Hope they are doing it across the whole stadium. Only fair surely 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Hope they are doing it across the whole stadium. Only fair surely 😉
    If you pay £400 for your ticket and don't use it they're not going to bother but £25 and sits empty

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    If you pay £400 for your ticket and don't use it they're not going to bother but £25 and sits empty
    😂👍 discrimination you mean lol

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    Exactly right.

Discrimination?

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Hope they are doing it across the whole stadium. Only fair surely
    Hardly when the rest of the stadium is £400 And FF lower is £25...don't think the club will be too concerned mate if a £400 ticket goes unused for a few matches

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member hibsforeurope's Avatar
    Good to see the club are trying to do something about the empty seats.
    If this is going to be the family section they should be moving on, to other parts of the stadium, ticket holders who no longer have children accompanying them. It's impossible to get 2 seats together in FF lower, this will be putting off parents who are trying to get their children their first season tickets.

I fully understand about the reasons children can't attend night games etc, i would be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsforeurope View Post
    Good to see the club are trying to do something about the empty seats.
    If this is going to be the family section they should be moving on, to other parts of the stadium, ticket holders who no longer have children accompanying them. It's impossible to get 2 seats together in FF lower, this will be putting off parents who are trying to get their children their first season tickets.

I fully understand about the reasons children can't attend night games etc, i would be the same.
    I was lucky in that I managed to get a 3 seats together for next season in the FF Lower as before we had 2 seats seperated by a couple and 1 in another section but we always managed to find somewhere to sit together (Just took a while)

No admittance to Lower FF unless accompanied by a child. Sorted

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    No admittance to Lower FF unless accompanied by a child. Sorted
    It's not that simple though is it? What about those who've had season tickets since the stand was built and sat there with their children and now still sit there with their grown up children?

Hibs have there work cut of for then with this problem but it's great to have the problem in the first place in a sense where we are trying to scramble every spare seat possible to fit our growing number of supporters into the stadium

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    It's not that simple though is it? What about those who've had season tickets since the stand was built and sat there with their children and now still sit there with their grown up children?
    I'd hope that when peoples children grew up they would move to other areas of the stadium and free up space to allow families with young children to benefit from the family friendly pricing.

Sorry but it is that simple. No child sit up stairs.
    Think of it as a gardener and his nursery. He takes his cuttings plants them out in a nursery patch and once the seedlings are strong enough you replant them in the main garden.

Maybe the east half of the South would be better for the family section going forward. ST wouldnt cover Cat A games but you can get first dibs on general sales tickets if you want to go to those games.

Potentially costing the club the cost of a players wage each season at present.

If Hibernian fans want to buyback a season ticket and choose to attend 1, 5 or all games then that’s their choice.

We should be welcoming the fact that they are willing to contribute to the club.

Much ado about nothing and folk getting their knickers in a twist about paid for “empty seats”.

Promote the “if you can’t go use ticketmaster to give back the ticket” but let’s not go to the lengths of writing to ST holders and ask if they intend to use it!

I've had no such email and I'd say I've taken my daughter to around half the home games this season. This has been for a variety of reasons, some night games during school time, etc etc .... but given the (roughly) 50% usage rate I'd have maybe expected an email. It is good the Club are aware of this "problem" and are trying to do what they can to fill the ground as best as they can.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by percy veer View Post
    Number of tickets is going to be a limiting factor in the near future if we continue our positive upswing. From a business point of view selling dirt cheap seats across the whole stadium just doesn’t make sense, and it would seriously affect the atmosphere to have empty seats all over the ground.

The club have got it right at the moment - although the SS could do with being back in the East.

@hibs.net private member Green Badger's Avatar
    I assume from this that the FF lower has by far the largest percentage of empty ST seats in the stadium? I sit in the FF upper so can't see that part of the ground.

I think where kids can't make night games etc it is just a by product of football scheduling and not a lot can be done about it. Is this issue actually worse for midweek vs weekend games?

However, where seats are so low cost, it does suggest that folk are just deciding not to bother going. If you had paid £400 for that seat your decision whether to attend may have a different outcome.

One option could be that they maybe offer CAT B kids season tickets for FF lower, with the child ST holder having the option to buy their seat for any CAT A game for say £5? If not taken up this seat could be sold to another Hibby.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SRHibs View Post
    Number of tickets is going to be a limiting factor in the near future if we continue our positive upswing. From a business point of view selling dirt cheap seats across the whole stadium just doesn’t make sense, and it would seriously affect the atmosphere to have empty seats all over the ground.

The club have got it right at the moment - although the SS could do with being back in the East.
    Well I hope the SS are in dialogue with the club about this

I got an email regarding my sons season ticket in ff lower before the hearts game so I asked my boy if he wanted to go as he has his club on a Friday night and the answer was I’ll go to my club so I released the ticket on the Thursday afternoon. Then on the Friday at 4 o clock my boy asked if he could go to the match tonight and I was raging as I gave it up as he said he didn’t want to go fortunately someone was in his seat so the club made money off it but I do think it’s a bit harsh the clubs sending out this email,as we’ve been going for about 6 years watching some rubbish football over those dark years now the teams doing better others are wanting to come along and get a ff lower season ticket.

Testimonial Due
    Haven't had the email but there are 3 seats next to ours which are empty every game and are always "sold".... This includes the recent derby.

I would like now to think about getting my youngest a ST but struggling to do find 4 seats together.

Pleased to see the club attempting to do something about this.

Sounds like you've got it wrong from your own statements.

EDIT - Just seen that it could be read both ways. I took it that they noted it hadn't been used all season, as in every game.

I get where you're coming from but for otherwise busy games the club can literally see they've missed out on a potential few grand when they have a waiting list of supporters wanting tickets and yet there's a heap of seats going spare.

Like the guy said about his derby, it's a pain that his laddie missed out as it was his seat but it wasn't left empty when folk wanted it, it added to the atmosphere and it gave the club some extra cash.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Sorry but it is that simple. No child sit up stairs.
    Think of it as a gardener and his nursery. He takes his cuttings plants them out in a nursery patch and once the seedlings are strong enough you replant them in the main garden.

Maybe the east half of the South would be better for the family section going forward. ST wouldnt cover Cat A games but you can get first dibs on general sales tickets if you want to go to those games.

Potentially costing the club the cost of a players wage each season at present.
    Not that easy though. Seats aren't just limited in the Famous Five, they're limited everywhere in the ground. I've sat in the same seat in FF Lower since it was built, and this issue is now only rearing it's head for the first time in over 20 years! We've got four seats in the FF, myself, Dad, brother and one for my daughter/son - to try and get 4 seats together in a decent area of the ground is near impossible. It's a difficult one for the club and will be interesting to see how they deal with it going forward. Fortunately my youngest is only 3 so I'll not have to deal with the headache of moving for a few years yet!

I would be interested to know what the club are considering a family group. Whilst all four of us sit together, we obviously don't renew "together", would assume we're all 4 considered a family group but would be good if the club could confirm. I have asked the question but had no response.

I think rather than moving the Family Section to the South a CAT B Season Ticket would appeal to many and may see a few move out of the FF Lower.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Finally we can fill in the corners!

J

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shore Hibs View Post
    I assume from this that the FF lower has by far the largest percentage of empty ST seats in the stadium? I sit in the FF upper so can't see that part of the ground.

I think where kids can't make night games etc it is just a by product of football scheduling and not a lot can be done about it. Is this issue actually worse for midweek vs weekend games?

However, where seats are so low cost, it does suggest that folk are just deciding not to bother going. If you had paid £400 for that seat your decision whether to attend may have a different outcome.

One option could be that they maybe offer CAT B kids season tickets for FF lower, with the child ST holder having the option to buy their seat for any CAT A game for say £5? If not taken up this seat could be sold to another Hibby.
    Bath Rugby do this. There’s a 10 ticket season. Which effectively gets you 10 of the crappier games, but you get first dibs on your seat for Cat A games.

That said, the 10 game season ain’t cheap, and the ground size is such that there is a healthy waiting list for STs.

J

Quote Originally Posted by KWJ View Post
    Sounds like you've got it wrong from your own statements.

EDIT - Just seen that it could be read both ways. I took it that they noted it hadn't been used all season, as in every game.

I get where you're coming from but for otherwise busy games the club can literally see they've missed out on a potential few grand when they have a waiting list of supporters wanting tickets and yet there's a heap of seats going spare.

Like the guy said about his derby, it's a pain that his laddie missed out as it was his seat but it wasn't left empty when folk wanted it, it added to the atmosphere and it gave the club some extra cash.
    Sorry, it was hibs saying it hasn't been used. I know it has been. I've released it for a few night time games but not all of them.

Had an email back about it saying that a few people have fed that back to them and they're going to look in to it.

@hibs.net private member hibsforeurope's Avatar
    The club managed to find alternative seats for those moved out of Section 25 in other parts of the ground, I would hope that the same will be done for those in the Family sections.
    Going forward there shouldn't be anyone in there who are not accompanying a child.

Sorry, it was hibs saying it hasn't been used. I know it has been. I've released it for a few night time games but not all of them.

Had an email back about it saying that a few people have fed that back to them and they're going to look in to it.
    Gotcha.