hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why?!

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stuart-farquhar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In the states where, i live part of the time, you put a beer mat on your drink and thus no one touches it or takes your stool. Gobbing in it optional.
    Wouldn't surprise me if that was less hygienic than carrying it in with you while taking a piss.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Funny that, if the urinals are full and I use the traps I never think of shutting the door, you're doing the same thing that the blokes at the urinal are!
    Agreed.

Strange behavior if the urinals are free though.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Interesting to read all the comments about watching our pees and queues.

Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    I use the cubicle for a micturition as I wear long johns and I don't want to stand with my bum showing

in front of others. People that is, not bums.

Door locked too. Scrub hands and try and get out without touching the door handle.

In my experience as a frequent cubicle user I would say only 20% or so wash their hands.

Fess up, anyone??
    I admit it, I’m one of the 20%.

It does remind me of the most pointless invention in recent years - electronic soap dispensers.

If you use a normal soap dispenser (and are worried about germs), literally, what is the next thing you are going to do? Yep, wash your hands with the soap that has just been dispensed.

So where is the benefit of not touching the dispenser? Now, automatic taps, they would be a lot more useful. As would exit doors that you could push without touching the handles.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperAllyMcleod View Post

It does remind me of the most pointless invention in recent years - electronic soap dispensers.

If you use a normal soap dispenser (and are worried about germs), literally, what is the next thing you are going to do? Yep, wash your hands with the soap that has just been dispensed.

So where is the benefit of not touching the dispenser? Now, automatic taps, they would be a lot more useful. As would exit doors that you could push without touching the handles.
    Tbh I never really worry about toilet door handles, no more so than anywhere else in a pub or the like. If someone hasn't washed their hands they don't shed all the germs on the door handle as they exit. They'll be all over hand rails on staircases, the bar, glasses, a buffet, the wall, still on their hand if you shake hands with them and are unaware of their clartiness and so on.

If you worried about every germ you could pick up in public places then no one would ever leave the house.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    C'mon - there's nothing worse than washing & drying your hands then finding the handle soaking wet on your way out the bogs.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperAllyMcleod View Post

It's all about preventing bacterial growth on a device rather than hand washing concerns. Especially in kitchens you hardly want to have something that harbours bacteria that hand washing doesn't kill.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I don't get the guys that have to rest their arm on the wall above the urinal and lean right over.

Personally, I like to take a slash in the cubicle (with the door shut), that way I never feel rushed with folk waiting or hovering about and avoid some proper weird behaviour from others.

There was a guy the other day having a phone conversation while he peed.
    I always piss in the urinal and look around myself in a confident and dismissive manner.

United we stand here....

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    Always use toilets for a piss, splash back is an issue with urinals and unless you want pissy breaks then there is your answer.
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

Nothing worse than needing to sit down in a trap and the guy in front ignores the empty urinals and goes for a pee in the trap! Even worse he doesn't lift the lid!!!!!!

Sad though it seems I've surveyed the door handles in public toilets! (Looking at where the wear and tear is.)

I can advise that most people pull on the handle from the top. Having noted this I've seen that even short people go for the top.

On some cruise ships there is a bin by the door. People are encouraged to use a paper towel to open the door and bin the towel as they exit. I also noticed similar in bars in the States but with no bin just a huge pile towels behind the door.
    Space to let

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Is it acceptable to take a dump at a mates house? Last thing you want to do is leave skidders all over the pan.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I do that.

I tend to find one hand is normally sufficient for holding so what you meant to do with the other hand? What did folk do with their spare hand before mobile phones?
    Tickled their balls.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I always piss in the urinal and look around myself in a confident and dismissive manner.
    I use the urinals for number twos.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Is it acceptable to take a dump at a mates house? Last thing you want to do is leave skidders all over the pan.
    Most modern pans have put design over efficacy. Basically, the hole at the bottom is too narrow so unless you have the aim of Phil the Power Taylor you end up getting skidders all over the porcelain. Old school Armitage Shanks allowed your Forrest Gump to freely enter the sewage system without brushing the sides. I used to get out the toilet brush once in a blue moon. Changed days indeed

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Most modern pans have put design over efficacy. Basically, the hole at the bottom is too narrow so unless you have the aim of Phil the Power Taylor you end up getting skidders all over the porcelain. Old school Armitage Shanks allowed your Forrest Gump to freely enter the sewage system without brushing the sides. I used to get out the toilet brush once in a blue moon. Changed days indeed

Gone are the days of you dropping a torpedo right down the U end without even a hint of a skidder. Now its panic stations when you realise your Tom Kite has somehow plastered itself to the sides of your mates toilet duck fresh lavvy despite it being a clean snip, you're then left wondering how to clean it up without him noticing.

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: maxsharktooth
    Gone are the days of you dropping a torpedo right down the U end without even a hint of a skidder. Now its panic stations when you realise your Tom Kite has somehow plastered itself to the sides of your mates toilet duck fresh lavvy despite it being a clean snip, you're then left wondering how to clean it up without him noticing.
    I find a toothbrush does the job quite well, there's normally one hanging about somewhere 🚾

Quote Originally Posted by 1875godsgift View Post
    I find a toothbrush does the job quite well, there's normally one hanging about somewhere 🚾

I guarantee thats been done as a prank in the past.

The most selfish of men are those that use the middle urinal of three

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bernz View Post
    The most selfish of men are those that use the middle urinal of three
    Sometimes that's needed after a rampant sex session
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    A thing that always shocks me is folk taking their drink into stinking pub bogs. It really gives me the boak - I have an image of a skin of brown and yellow particles forming on top of the drink.
    Or texting whilst they are pishing.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    I don't understand why anyone wouldn't have a toilet brush next to their toilet.

Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    Or texting whilst they are pishing.
    I got complimented on my multi tasking in the pub the other night when caught doing that.

I put my phone away after that as once there is someone else there with their willy out I find it inappropriate to wave about anything with a camera. But generally, I'd rather check my texts while I pee than when sitting with my mates.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Answering the op I never shut the trap door simply because if there was a free stall there'd be no door to shut. Door shut = Jimmy White

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    I always go in the cubicle for a pee, I prefer the privacy.

Taking the middle urinal is a crime that deserves the death penalty.

If you use the cubicles then you must have a small rolling rock.

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar
    Another thing that has always eluded me is why some blokes have to get almost the full kit off to have a Jimmy Riddle at the urinals, belt undone, kecks completely opened up. WTF is going on

Quote Originally Posted by Alfiembra View Post
    Another thing that has always eluded me is why some blokes have to get almost the full kit off to have a Jimmy Riddle at the urinals, belt undone, kecks completely opened up. WTF is going on
    Lol, guilty as charged!
    Always felt it was like a wrestling match with my member, trying to overcome the various barriers to freedom!
    Over the top always beats through the side, and as for negotiating the zipped ballop (is that even a word) - no thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Button jeans.

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Maybe just me, but that comes with a certain age I think.

If you have a prostate problem (no names no pack drill) it can take a longish time to complete a Lillian Gish. The privacy of the cubicle helps a chap to cope.