hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Joe Baker kissing the turf at the Hands off Hibs rally at ER.
    Rangers 90/91 League Cup semi (Keith Keith Keith...)
    Returning to my local after 6-2. The locals were split 50/50 Hibs/Hearts and I had a fixed "five friendly pints" bet on each derby with 2-3 of them. Give them their due, they came and took their punishment after the match.

2. Log in to remove the advert

21/05/16

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Garry O’Connor scoring very late on in the “We only had 10 men” derby

3-0 against Dundee United last season was brilliant. McGinns goal in particular was a fantastic moment.

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    21/05/16, very closely followed by Bobby Duncan's goal against Napoli when we sensed that something very special was about to happen. Next would be the 0-7 game purely for the sheer joy of that after match feeling as we walked back along Gorgie to Princess Street.

Quote Originally Posted by Salt N Sauzee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    David Gray 21/05/2016. Close the thread
    infact 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000/10 nothing will ever before or probably after come close ..................close the thread

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    The Scottish Cup win.

Being at Tynecastle on 1/1/73.

Ready to leave 0-7 game at the Gorgie Road end with my wee brother (12 & 14) and being consoled by older Hearts fans thinking we were young devastated Jambos still in shock. We were hiding our Hibs scarfs under our jumpers which we flashed at the final whistle, gave them abuse and ran in jubilation to catch the 32.

And of course SC May 2016

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Ignoring the obvious ones:

Wotherspoon scoring to make their cup reign as short as it could have been. It seemed to be headed for a boring 0-0 and that came out of nowhere.

Lewis Stevenson's lap of honour at his testimonial to SoL. So well deserved.

The Falkirk 4-3 game. Never felt so angry as when the third goal went in. Total elation at Sparky's thunderbolt to win it.
    Falkirk 4-3 was a great one to be at because of the comeback and the fact that I was meant to be somewhere else and got spotted on TV coverage.

For me it will always be being in hampden with most of the people I'd been every other Hibs final with and feeling strangely confident. A rather good bet on Hibs went west as a result of staying in Edinburgh an extra night!

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bostonhibby; 22-03-2018 at 04:55 PM.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: friskyfraggle
    21/05/2016 - (Still the longest 2 minutes of my life after SDG hit the back of the net)
    4-3 Semi come back
    That banner being unfurled

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    I'd give anything to relive the last ten minutes of that match again. Reliving Hendo's corner, not knowing what's coming next. Watching the highlights that night with my dad. Waking up the next morning without a voice, a sore head, reading the news headlines in bed and bursting into happy tears again.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member
    Choosing Hibs!

I'd give anything to relive the last ten minutes of that match again. Reliving Hendo's corner, not knowing what's coming next. Watching the highlights that night with my dad. Waking up the next morning without a voice, a sore head, reading the news headlines in bed and bursting into happy tears again.
    I'm not sure if i could go through it again without knowing what happens. The nerves and tension almost killed me.

funny. I turned to my mate at 1-2 when we were pouring forward again and again and said we're going to win.

I just knew.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

All the above and add the equaliser against Anderlecht away?

Two trips to Belgium

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    I'm not sure if i could go through it again without knowing what happens. The nerves and tension almost killed me.
    I don't think any other set of fans felt what we felt that day. I'd be tempted to say Leicester but they didn't have an expectation to win the league and their drama and realisation of what was happening unfolded over months, we had two minutes after that goal to come to terms of what was happening. So much emotion condensed into such a short spell of time.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Left by mutual consent!
    When the ref gave them a free kick with 30 seconds to Go then awarded it to Hibs
    Last edited by southsider; 22-03-2018 at 06:48 PM.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Hanlon’s equaliser at Tynecastle

27-10-91 for me.

The first trophy I saw us win and on my birthday as well.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Gordon Hunter's winner at Tynecastle is up there.

Most of it has been covered and 21/05/16 will never be topped.

Just to add the 2 games against Leeds in the 70's, they were a good side at the time and we had a great support down there and should have won but both games finished 0-0 and they won on pens, think Pat was the only one that missed. Mind you we would have won the game at ER as well if it wasn't for an outstanding performance by Billy Bremner he had some game.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    SDG's winner and the final whistle will never be beaten.

A personal more obscure favourite was a 0-3 victory at Tannadice in midweek thanks to a Keith Wright hat-trick. I used to go home and away in those days and there were a lot more bad away days than good ones through the 80's and into the 90's. Lucky if there were 300 Hibs fans there to witness it. 27 in the stand as I counted them! The seethe from the Arab announcer for each goal due to Keith having played for Dundee was comedy gold.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Quote Originally Posted by Easter Rising View Post
    Hanlon’s equaliser at Tynecastle
    That was spectacular

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Being at Hampden with my son and my mates who I've been going to ER and all over this country and others with, watching the roller coaster that is Hibs. An unbelievable feeling shared with another 25,000 or so.
    A purely individual one was being at ER in the old north stand on its last match day v Dundee. I took my uncle to that game, his last at ER, to the north stand. Just like he took me to my first to the north stand way back in 1973. Thanks for making me a Hibby Gordon!

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5

No-one can ever take all that away. It was like being at the convergence point of destiny, where everything came together perfectly across a hundred years of history in the most complete, fulfilling, emotional way possible.

It was vindication, release, truth, joy, family, community, ecstasy, and heaven on earth all rolled into one. I never have previously - and can't imagine how I ever will again - feel a collective bond and release as total as that day, those moments and the hours, days, weeks and months that followed.

Every single one of us got to that point through 25,000 different individual and family journeys and life stories of years and decades. When the final whistle blew I was immediately aware of being there in that moment with my family - my ten year old son especially - and knowing that this was a unique privilege that so many before us never got to see. Then I turned round to the family behind me - a father, mother, daughter and son just like us - and they were crying, and we were crying. Then we were all hugging and I realised that despite being complete strangers we were bound together by a journey that started long before any of us were born. We weren't strangers at all.

I still cry when I see the final minutes and scenes. I'll never stop feeling happy every time I remember it. I'll never stop feeling grateful to that team for what they achieved.
    Last edited by One Day Soon; 15-05-2018 at 12:42 PM.

A few more penalty win against Rangers and all their millions
    Defeat at Ibrox but winning over the two legs
    Beating Celtic in both cups 4-3 then 4-4 winning on pens.

A few from me:

22/05/16 - What had happened the day before had sunk in. Enjoying a few beers from early doors, standing on the Links surrounded by friends and family watching an open top bus with a Hibs team and the Scottish Cup on board crawl towards us. Bumping into familiar faces all day. It was just an amazing experience.

The 1st derby after the 2012 final. We had been humped in the 1st game of the season at Tannadice and lost an early goal in the derby. We could have crumbled and a difficult day could have been worse but we showed a bit fight, salvaged a draw and restored a little bit of pride.

27/07/94 - Gorgie Road end at Tynecastle, Gordon Hunter scored, pandemonium and the 1st time I'd seen us beat Hearts 'in the flesh'.

Hanlons equaliser at Tynecastle. Absolute bedlam. I always thought stories of 'I fell 8 rows' were exaggerated nonsense but I went flying after that went in, it was just a tangle of bodies.

1/1/96 - 2 days earlier I'd sat soaked to the bone to the bitter end as we were humiliated 7-0 at Ibrox. We bounced back in the best possible way with a 2-1 win v Hearts. ER was rocking, we lost an early goal but battled back and won it with a stunner from Kevin Harper.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Trying to think of something a bit out of the box and my first ever “season ticket” game was a special one for me. A 6 year old getting a half season ticket for Christmas produced a 3-2 win over partick. Had full season tickets every year since. Little did I know that 12 years down the line they’d have me in tears celebrating the best day of my life 21.05.2016

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/3363431.stm

Realising that the FTB had failed in his attempt to takeover Hibs and of course, a certain 21st of May.

Oh, and hearing Deeks had signed-again

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    As much as my first entry to the ground was great a 0-0 draw versus Hearts was underwhelming. My next game was a 6-1 win versus Malmo. Next Euro games were Sporting, Besa and Split 17 more goals. 9 versus Rosenburg. Keith's goal versus Dunfermline at Hampden. Leighs 4th versus Falkirk. Houch's debut at Tynie and of course Hampden in 2016.The parade. Have to add watching Time for heroes...

3-0 Scottish cup win at Ibrox with around 8k Hibs fans in the away end will always be right up there. The stand was literally shaking.
    1. winning the Scottish against them. 2. winning 6-2 against the gorgie mob. 3.winning the cup tie you mention, thought the stand would collapse! numerous other high points with just as many lows but those 3 stand out for me