hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Neal Eardley

Neal Eardley

Did we not give Eardley enough time or has he found his level in league 2?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/staceywest.net/2018/03/21/neal-eardley-the-imps-best-ever-signing/amp/

2. Log in to remove the advert

My only memory of him at ER was coming on as a sub, looking about 2 stone overweight and a mile off the pace.

Glad he's gone on to do well for himself but I think his time with us was always destined to be short term.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My only memory of him at ER was coming on as a sub, looking about 2 stone overweight and a mile off the pace.

Glad he's gone on to do well for himself but I think his time with us was always destined to be short term.
    👍👍

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    I have absolutely no recollection of this guy. His name doesn’t even ring a bell.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I have absolutely no recollection of this guy. His name doesn’t even ring a bell.
    Think it was Stubbs 2nd year, was signed as cover

Playing an FM game in L2 the now and Eardley doesn't stand out and neither does Kane Hemmings who scored a heap for Dundee. It's funny the players you get down there. James Collins doing well for Luton and I seem to come up against other ex Hibees or SPFL players every game.

I even have Osbourne at Forest Green Rovers.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Think it was Stubbs 2nd year, was signed as cover
    Was only last season haha. Such a forgettable player!

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    Was only last season haha. Such a forgettable player!
    Jesus, I presumed as I had no recollection of him that it would have been a few year ago at least

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Same

Quote Originally Posted by Liam Miller View Post
    Did we not give Eardley enough time or has he found his level in league 2?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/stace...r-signing/amp/
    Glad to see he's doing well. League 2 isn't as bad a standard as people make out it is so he obviously still had something in him. If I'm being honest I would have rather gave the lad a preseason and see what he could have done when he lost the weight, I think he was coming back from a bad injury or a series of them. I think he could have been decent purely on the basis of what experience he had with Blackpool and Wales as opposed to anything he done in a Hibs jersey. It couldn't have been a worse shot than signing Whittaker or Rherras.

But such is football's revolving door.

Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    Glad to see he's doing well. League 2 isn't as bad a standard as people make out it is so he obviously still had something in him. If I'm being honest I would have rather gave the lad a preseason and see what he could have done when he lost the weight, I think he was coming back from a bad injury or a series of them. I think he could have been decent purely on the basis of what experience he had with Blackpool and Wales as opposed to anything he done in a Hibs jersey. It couldn't have been a worse shot than signing Whittaker or Rherras.

More than a bit harsh he has never been properly fit and when he has played he has done fine. Yes he has made mistakes who hasn't?

@hibs.net private member

Guff

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar

Having been to a few Grimsby Town games when they were in the Conference (one of which was against Forrest Green who are also in League 2) I can confirm that the standard is honking - and this was in our second year of being in the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Having been to a few Grimsby Town games when they were in the Conference (one of which was against Forrest Green who are also in League 2) I can confirm that the standard is honking - and this was in our second year of being in the championship.
    Having followed a League 2 side for a number of years now I can safely say that the upper end of the division features some players and teams that would stay up in the premiership. Look at Josh Windass for example. And Lennon wanted Luke Berry from League 2. However there is a lot of honking teams, players, and general football at the bottom end (Forest Green being one of them. I guess the vegan food isn’t working)

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    More than a bit harsh he has never been properly fit and when he has played he has done fine. Yes he has made mistakes who hasn't?
    Harsh maybe but just my opinion that its not worked out.

I remember him only because he played for Blackpool against Cardiff a few times and saw him play for Wales.

Always thought he would be a good player for us when we were in the championship but he never had much of a chance.

@hibs.net private member cheltenhamhibee's Avatar
    Having followed a League 2 side for a number of years now I can safely say that the upper end of the division features some players and teams that would stay up in the premiership. Look at Josh Windass for example. And Lennon wanted Luke Berry from League 2. However there is a lot of honking teams, players, and general football at the bottom end (Forest Green being one of them. I guess the vegan food isn’t working)
    I'm glad someone is of the same opinion regarding said team from Nailsworth FFG