hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cammy Bell

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Laidlaw has generally been very good...apart from.the league cup semi this season. But Bell is significantly better as a back up option. Agreed 're Rocky...1 of the best in the league imo and like all goalies makes the odd mistake

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

don't think I have seen enough to make that call..Laidlaw has been pretty steady.....Bell has a bit of history of blowing hot & cold...

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    don't think I have seen enough to make that call..Laidlaw has been pretty steady.....Bell has a bit of history of blowing hot & cold...
    I was basing it on what I've seen from him previously mate at Utd, Killie and Sevco play off apart...pretty steady and experienced goalie. Like u tho I am also fond of Laidlaw and he's been able back up

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Done really well. Unforgivable is a tad strong for Rocky. Had to check he hadn't killed some fans when I read that...

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    For a back up I would rather have someone with experience and can adapt to being thrown into games. Cammy Bell is one of the most experienced keepers we could get for a back up, so I’ll be happy for him to remain as such

@hibs.net private member
    The OP must be one of the few folk who have never made a mistake at work.

Marciano is entitled to criticism when he makes mistakes, just like any other player. He's put in some really good performances too. The thread was about Cammy Bell, who played really well and deserves credit for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    Marciano is entitled to criticism when he makes mistakes, just like any other player. He's put in some really good performances too. The thread was about Cammy Bell, who played really well and deserves credit for it.
    It was about Cammy Bell but the OP made a pretty outrageous statement about Marciano that deservedly got challenged.

I agree Bell played well though and I would have no concerns about him playing next week, he's a good goalkeeper.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    I like Rocky but yes he did make a big error of judgement in charging out like that and he paid the penalty. Cammy had a great a game and made several fine stops, if I have a reservation about him I think he tends to get rooted to ground on crosses and doesnt really get off the ground which slightly worries me going forward. Cant argue he had a great Hibs debut though. Well done that man.

@hibs.net private member
    Great OP so far as praising Bell for what was a brilliant debut - well deserved.

But "unforgivable mistake"? Geez a break! More like a step on the learning curve of becoming a better keeper I would say - Rocky has had some great games for us and has contributed consistently to the solid league form we've showed this season. No way would I write him off for what was an isolated rush of blood to the head on the evidence I've seen. He's given Cammy Bell a chance though - and if Bell can reproduce that kind of performance week on week then Rocky will have a long wait before getting the gloves back!