hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Jordan Forster

Jordan Forster

Good to hear he is on the way back

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.u...t-make-1356752
    Last edited by GreenT; 20-03-2018 at 08:53 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenT View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good to hear he is on they way back

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.u...t-make-1356752

So is Jordon Forster I believe! Sorry! Pedantry is us!

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Surprise he’s been out for so long, thought Herbalife would have fixed him in a matter of days. It fixes everything else apparently!

Yep - good luck to big Jordon. I liked him as a player. He was unlucky at Hibs I thought. Huddies like McGivern and Nelson selected in front of him (and Lewis Stevenson) by poor managers and, when he did get a game, it was often at right back instead of centre back

By the time we got a manager who knew what he was doing we had other quality centre-backs and it would have been difficult for him to get a start.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenOnions View Post
    Yep - good luck to big Jordon. I liked him as a player. He was unlucky at Hibs I thought. Huddies like McGivern and Nelson selected in front of him (and Lewis Stevenson) by poor managers and, when he did get a game, it was often at right back instead of centre back

By the time we got a manager who knew what he was doing we had other quality centre-backs and it would have been difficult for him to get a start.
    McGivern in his loan year was a better player than Forster ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenOnions View Post

You rate Forster higher than Stevenson?

I doubt there are many players who have been as unlucky with injuries as Jordan Forster ... still convinced if he had been injury free in his time with us he would have been a fixture in the first team eventually.

Good luck to him ... lets hope this is the start of a decent career, he is capable of far better than league 2 in England IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    You rate Forster higher than Stevenson?
    Think he means McGivern on front of Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by leither17 View Post
    Think he means McGivern on front of Lewis
    That would make more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Unquestionably

Jordon Forster was 19 when he made his debut for us and was only 22 when he went to Plymouth Argyle. McGivern was a couple of years older when he joined and had played almost twice the number of first team games (for all clubs) as Jordon by the time he left. I don't really see how you can say someone was "a better player than Forster ever was" when Jordon was only 22 when he left and was very often played out of position in a crap side to accommodate Michael Nelson.

Anyway - I should have clarified that I was referring to Nelson being generally preferred to Forster and McGivern being preferred to Stevenson by Fenlon and Butcher. That says it all really.

Jordon was unfortunate that McGregor became available just as he was recovering from an injury, McGregor was a seasoned campaigner and struck up an instant understanding with Hanlon, which meant Jordon had to sit on the bench again and wait his turn to shine. Nice big lad who I really liked, pity we let hi leave but he had to for the good of his career.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    I rated Forster. His many injuries have pretty much ruined his career though. I actually thought he was decent as a right back as well and offered a goal threat from that position arriving at the back post.

I wish he would give it a rest on his social media with the pyramid scheme advertising though.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    So is Jordon Forster I believe! Sorry! Pedantry is us!
    Pedants of the world untie!
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    I’m going to go against the grain and say I never really rated Forster that highly. Felt he was a bit all over the place at times and poor with the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I’m going to go against the grain and say I never really rated Forster that highly. Felt he was a bit all over the place at times and poor with the ball.
    Likewise. Very slow and not very good technically. Was strong with a great leap though. Porteous is already ahead of where Forster was when he left us IMO.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Likewise. Very slow and not very good technically. Was strong with a great leap though. Porteous is already ahead of where Forster was when he left us IMO.
    Yeah, I agree too.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Couldn't agree more. He was slow, had poor positioning and was absolutely brutal with the ball. If he was a foot shorter he wouldn't be a footballer. His ability in the air was his only remarkable trait. He played 26 games the season we went down, as much to blame as any of the other defenders.

We have had much better defenders in Fonts, Hanlon, McGregor, Ambrose and Gunnarsson since.

Couldn't agree more. He was slow, had poor positioning and was absolutely brutal with the ball. If he was a foot shorter he wouldn't be a footballer. His ability in the air was his only remarkable trait. He played 26 games the season we went down, as much to blame as any of the other defenders.

We have had much better defenders in Fonts, Hanlon, McGregor, Ambrose and Gunnarsson since.
    I've never really thought any of our defenders were much to blame for our relegation, even the much maligned Nelson and McGivern.

Our failings at the other end of the park were the reasons for our relegation - pish strikers and the least creative midfield in our history.

I was a fan of Forster, but he made as many defensive gaffes at that time as anyone did.

I actually thought he was coming on to a great game towards the end of our 1st season in the First Division, and his injury at that time cost us big time.

If he'd been fit and we'd been able to continue to play 3-5-2, I reckon we'd have beaten the Huns in those play-offs.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I've never really thought any of our defenders were much to blame for our relegation, even the much maligned Nelson and McGivern.

Our failings at the other end of the park were the reasons for our relegation - pish strikers and the least creative midfield in our history.

I was a fan of Forster, but he made as many defensive gaffes at that time as anyone did.

I actually thought he was coming on to a great game towards the end of our 1st season in the First Division, and his injury at that time cost us big time.

If he'd been fit and we'd been able to continue to play 3-5-2, I reckon we'd have beaten the Huns in those play-offs.
    Agreed losing both him and Boyler in the last game of that season at Falkirk scuppered our chances in that play off

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk