hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    SJMs erse must weigh a bit.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    John Clark Dundee Utd. John Parkin. Ade Akinfenwa, will tell you it's all muscle but he is still massive for a footballer...

Akinfenwa's book is a good read.

Impressive man.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Joe Harper on his debut for HIBS at Brockville leaving a slimmer by far in comparison slimline duo on the bench in Alan Gordon and Jimmy Orourke. An absolute disgrace and the beginning of the end.
    I was at that Brockville game and if my memory serves me well (which it often doesn't these days) Gordon was on the bench and Jimmy played alongside The Lard at the start of the game. Alan Gordon says on a Hibs DVD that he and Jimmy were on the bench but I'm 90% sure he's mistaken.
    Before the game I can remember wondering who Ned would drop to make room for Harper. I thought it would be O'Rourke but I was wrong, it was Tosh.

@hibs.net private member Greenfly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    Andy Ritchie. Maybe the Morton hoops made it worse?

The ridiculous bubble perm made it worse still - he was well overweight sometimes but a real class act. Neville Southall was a bit of a rotund figure but still did the biz. Maradona, Ronaldo and Gaza are other spherically challenged chaps who would still have got a game or two for our development side. And don't forget the legendary Fatty Foulkes (not him - the real one) all 24 stones of whom was playing for Sheffield Utd the 2nd last time we won the Scottish Cup ... and no, I wasn't there.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    I was at that Brockville game and if my memory serves me well (which it often doesn't these days) Gordon was on the bench and Jimmy played alongside The Lard at the start of the game. Alan Gordon says on a Hibs DVD that he and Jimmy were on the bench but I'm 90% sure he's mistaken.
    Before the game I can remember wondering who Ned would drop to make room for Harper. I thought it would be O'Rourke but I was wrong, it was Tosh.
    I bow to your superior knowledge the HIBS team that day on 9/2/74 was Mcarthur brownlie Schaedler Stanton Black Blackley Edwards Orourke Harper Cropley and Duncan attendance 12500
    Gordon on the bench the game ended 0-0
    I remember thinking at the time that Harper was even fatter than ORourke who was a stocky small well built bloke but of course a HIBS legend in my eyes!

Wayne Shaw, the roly poly goalie who was banned for eating a pie during a game for Sutton United against Arsenal. 8/1 with the bookies that he’d devour one, and he duly obliged.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40607213
    Last edited by Austinho; 21-03-2018 at 04:48 AM.

Mrs Hobo looks a bit like Joe Harper in stature - does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Can think of quite a few porkers. Not so much in this day and age but when I started watching football as kid in the late 70’s every team seemed to have a chunky chap in the line up.
    Mark McGhee..

He's fat
    He's round
    He's worth a million pound
    Mark McGhee, Mark McGhee,

.. they sang

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

I know Mark Yardley well and he's an absolute gent. Might be carrying a few extra pounds but got paid to play football for living which I reckon most of the folk on here would love to do.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Austinho View Post
    Wayne Shaw, the roly poly goalie who was banned for eating a pie during a game for Sutton United against Arsenal. 8/1 with the bookies that he’d devour one, and he duly obliged.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40607213
    I thought their reaction to the incident was shameful. Happy to take the piss out of his weight but when he returned the laugh at their literal expense they cried about it. Bullies - couldn't take what they were dishing out.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Class of 72-73 View Post
    Glad you said most.
    Remind yourself of how good Cairney was check his contribution on youtube for all three Falkirk goals in the 2013 SC semi.
    I was mostly thinking of Holt when I put most ;)

Another Conrad Logan thread. He is favourite overweight player.