hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    [QUOTE=Steve20;5349222]As good a player as Allan is, McGinn is a few levels above him. And will go on to have a far better career. [QUOTE=Steve20;5349222]

McGinn is good at what he does but our central midfield was one-paced and predictable until we re-signed Allan.

You're probably right that McGinn will end up having a better career but then O'Connor had a better career than Riordan and we all know who the better player was.
    Last edited by FRes Hibbie; 20-03-2018 at 10:50 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HibsMrP
    Tin Hat at the ready..... and am basing this on the title of the thread Overrated hibs player and it goes to Kenny Miller!!! but i will give me you reasoning as well

When he broke into the first team he was raw talent, but his performances were not down to his skill Brewster did all the donkey work, all the fighting for the ball and made Miller look better than he was at THAT time.... He left us way to soon, he still needed to learn his trade which he did do and went on to become one of Scotlands best! But when he was with us it was the hard work that he didnt do and others did that allowed him to look better than he was back then.....

Just my thoughts and hopefully my reasoning makes it more palatable lol

Quote Originally Posted by hibspayne View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tin Hat at the ready..... and am basing this on the title of the thread Overrated hibs player and it goes to Kenny Miller!!! but i will give me you reasoning as well

When he broke into the first team he was raw talent, but his performances were not down to his skill Brewster did all the donkey work, all the fighting for the ball and made Miller look better than he was at THAT time.... He left us way to soon, he still needed to learn his trade which he did do and went on to become one of Scotlands best! But when he was with us it was the hard work that he didnt do and others did that allowed him to look better than he was back then.....

Just my thoughts and hopefully my reasoning makes it more palatable lol
    I think you are getting Brewster and Big Mixu confused. Miller and Brewster never played together.

But I get your point. Most of Miller's goals came from heid- down- run -like- hell approach and he relied a lot on Mixu winning the ball. He was fast, a decent finisher and good when he didnt have the time to think, but he was never blessed with the sublime skill that some gave him credit for.

And we did well to get what we got for him, £2m IIRC?

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbydog View Post
    I think you are getting Brewster and Big Mixu confused. Miller and Brewster never played together.

But I get your point. Most of Miller's goals came from heid- down- run -like- hell approach and he relied a lot on Mixu winning the ball. He was fast, a decent finisher and good when he didnt have the time to think, but he was never blessed with the sublime skill that some gave him credit for.

And we did well to get what we got for him, £2m IIRC?
    It was GO'C that Brewster "brought on".

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Or to put it another way, this thread is full of peoples opinions about current or former Hibs players.
    And the ones who really know a good and bad footballer.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Leigh Griffiths’ left foot was a wand. Miles ahead of Fletcher IMO.
    Having watched Fletcher from around 15/16 the things his left foot could do even outshines LG. His natural talent was extraordinary, he then grew into an outstanding lone centre forward.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauzee16 View Post
    Claros. I didn’t see the love-in.
    I liked him as a player but think that was partly down to the fact he got shot in the face and survived. Couldn’t help but love him.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HibsMrP
    Aye your right Mixu was Miller and Brewster was GoC but point still the same :)

People seem to forget that Fletcher played a lot of his games for him at LW. 2 goals in a cup final and plenty caps and games in the Premier. Don't really see him as overrated.

[QUOTE=F'Res Hibbie;5349252][QUOTE=Steve20;5349222]As good a player as Allan is, McGinn is a few levels above him. And will go on to have a far better career.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post

McGinn is good at what he does but our central midfield was one-paced and predictable until we re-signed Allan.

You're probably right that McGinn will end up having a better career but then O'Connor had a better career than Riordan and we all know who the better player was.
    Yep, and fletcher had a ‘better’ career Still and wasn’t as good as either in my opinion.

On topic, and going to leave out current players from this:

Grant Holt
    Jorge Claros
    Niklas Gunnarsson

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Jordon Forster, the other threads just reminded me.

James McPake wins this contest hands down.
    You're welcome to close the thread now.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    This whole post is so hahahahahahaha. Keith Wright, overrated ma erse,
    you say "he was superb in his first season. Then another good season, maybe 2" thats 3 good yearsdefinitely not overrated, some folk.
    Didnt Leighton get back into the Scotland squad? Thats overrated hahaha
    Glad you were entertained. Just getting round to a reply.

Obviously Keef will always be a legend. But was he that good? Stats are 59 goals in 197 appearances. Let’s say 20 goals in 50 games in his first year.

That means he scored about 40 in 150 games in the next 4–5 years. It’s no very good is it?

So yeah I’m going for Keith Wright - on reflection he’s slightly over rated. Not in the same class as a Garry O’Connor or Steven Fletcher for example.

EDIT - or to frame this a different way. Why did Keith Wright never replicate the form of that first year?
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 23-03-2018 at 09:42 PM.

Thought Zemmama was overrated

Decent skill but a passenger a lot of the time

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Glad you were entertained. Just getting round to a reply.

Obviously Keef will always be a legend. But was he that good? Stats are 59 goals in 197 appearances. Let’s say 20 goals in 50 games in his first year.

That means he scored about 40 in 150 games in the next 4–5 years. It’s no very good is it?

So yeah I’m going for Keith Wright - on reflection he’s slightly over rated. Not in the same class as a Garry O’Connor or Steven Fletcher for example.
    So Keith having scored in every round in the league cup first season he joined and these all being away from home,helping Hibs win first major honour in 20 years;then going on to average around 10 goals per season for Hibs is overated in your eyes!!Thanks for the laugh but i will file you under deluded 😴
    Last edited by Fanforlife; 23-03-2018 at 09:56 PM.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Eoin Doyle. Don’t see what was so special about this guy other than the nickname he had when he joined - The ginger Messi