hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Golf 2018

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The US Open has been crazy today. Greens verging on impossible, Mickelson happily taking a 2 shot penalty putting a moving ball, and those pesky American fans upping the anti in their dickish behaviour.

Mon Rose tomorrow!

But for me, (and aided by a few drams) it made for a great night's viewing .

2. Log in to remove the advert

I can't believe how candid Mickelson was about it - he dug himself a hole by being so honest about his reasons for doing it.

He could have apologised and passed it off as being a lapse in concentration or frustration but to make it sound so cold and calculated really wasn't within the spirit of golf at all.

Crazy day yesterday, I can't say I enjoyed it. You want to see a tough challenge but a fair one - players were hitting decent shots and being punished, and it was becoming a lottery.

The vast majority of the time our Open provides a decent honest test and all players are treated with respect - therefore it's miles ahead of the US Open imo.

It's still pretty fascinating though and if they calm the greens down a bit and place the pins in better positions then it could be much fairer (as the first 2 days were).

Two opens in a row. Quite rare. I'm thinking Hale Irwin and Curtis Strange. I may be wrong.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Supposed to have been playing the Lothians Senior Championship at Liberton today. Gutted to report my back has deteriorated over the last few weeks to the point I can barely stand up today. ****ing sick.

Sorry to read that Lex, you'll be missing the gowf badly especially with the weather being so good and the courses playing relatively easy. Hopefully things will improve for you - and soon.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Sorry to read that Lex, you'll be missing the gowf badly especially with the weather being so good and the courses playing relatively easy. Hopefully things will improve for you - and soon.
    Cheers GB. It has eased significantly but I think golf might be out the question. Itís supposed to be Musselburgh Seniors on Tuesday but I think I might struggle. Withdrew from the Lothians at Liberton on Monday and also seen a Private Physio that night. ( I had booked him a week or so earlier). He reckons itís root cause us an old Fitba injury to my ankle. He wants to work on that but itís not really a help right now. Back to him on Wednesday.
    ĎYup itís brutal with the weather like it is. I think I might need to go the Tiger route and go for surgery privately.

It's not an Open for the long hitters so it should be interesting. It's a shame it's not on the BBC. R&A are greedy sods.

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    It's not an Open for the long hitters so it should be interesting. It's a shame it's not on the BBC. R&A are greedy sods.
    It's a shame for the folk that can't afford Sky but it's got to be said that Sky do a magnificent job and offer much more than the token efforts that the BBC used to dish up. In defence of the R&A, they do ensure that a fair share of the financial pot is distributed throughout the world as a means of promoting and developing the game to as many people as possible.