@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aye, but what about the golf? 😁

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Aye, it beats a bacon roll on arrival and soup and a sandwich after your round right enough.

Played KB twice and enjoyed it, but the fee- even with Scottish discount- really is a joke.

There's a real divergence of courses- specifically links courses- in Scotland when it comes to green fees. Some of the newer courses ( and rota ones) set up for american tourist 4 balls really do extract the urine.Whereas there's some equally as good places that are great value.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    I had a game at The Roxburghe today courtesy of a fellow Hibs netter who had 2 "Bunkered" vouchers at his disposal.

The course was still in first class condition and is well worth a visit, even this late in the season.

I had a game at The Roxburghe today courtesy of a fellow Hibs netter who had 2 "Bunkered" vouchers at his disposal.

The course was still in first class condition and is well worth a visit, even this late in the season.
    Not played it for a handful of years or so but a great track.
    Joined the Kiwi cup at Gullane this year so for he first time in decades.I’ll be playing fairly regularly over the winter. I usually hibernate.

It's a tough old school!

http://www.europeantour.com/european...l#/leaderboard

The final stages of the European Q school are underway in Spain and with one round to go its still all to play for. There are 25 places up for grabs on the 2019 European Tour so tomorrow will be a nerve racking time for those still in contention. There are 6 rounds, a cut was made after 4 and out of the Scots who made it to the last two rounds, only Marc Warren and Duncan Stewart have a realistic chance of winning their places on next Season's tour.
    Last edited by Golden Bear; 14-11-2018 at 05:29 PM.

It's a tough old school!

http://www.europeantour.com/european...l#/leaderboard

The final stages of the European Q school are underway in Spain and with one round to go its still all to play for. There are 25 places up for grabs on the 2019 European Tour so tomorrow will be a nerve racking time for those still in contention. There are 6 rounds, a cut was made after 4 and out of the Scots who made it to the last two rounds, only Marc Warren and Duncan Stewart have a realistic chance of winning their places on next Season's tour.
    Marc makes it with the skin of his teeth.

Left by mutual consent!
    I'm assuming I wasn't alone in having a fruitless betting venture at the weekend there when two players who had both been significantly out of form for some time both won on the PGA and European tours unless successfully betting in play on the final days that is. Onto the Hong Kong Open and World Cup of golf for the upcoming week ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Tornadoes70 View Post
    I'm assuming I wasn't alone in having a fruitless betting venture at the weekend there when two players who had both been significantly out of form for some time both won on the PGA and European tours unless successfully betting in play on the final days that is. Onto the Hong Kong Open and World Cup of golf for the upcoming week ahead.
    I had a stinker, a costly one, and not for the first time in recent months.

To make it worse, I would have won a fortune on Matt Wallace (who was leading after 2 rounds and still right up there to the end) or on Cameron Champ or Webb Simpson in the American golf.

I need to give this madness up.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I had a stinker, a costly one, and not for the first time in recent months.

To make it worse, I would have won a fortune on Matt Wallace (who was leading after 2 rounds and still right up there to the end) or on Cameron Champ or Webb Simpson in the American golf.

I need to give this madness up.
    I had a distinct feeling the weekend there was one for the bookies.

Wallace and Champ have been in great form this year especially Wallace. Simpson was pre tournament favourite going into it and him, Rogers or Champ looked more likely on the back nine final day than Howell III who looked to have blown it.

Willett has had no form at all this year really and I'd be surprised if anybody had a bet on him pre tournament.

I'm trying to decrease the size of bets I put on and lay off slightly as it can be a very frustrating sport to bet on and blindfold, a pin and list of players might be a better system sometimes however had a good return from Kuchar winning last week that made up for a losing streak.

I used to work with a guy who wasn't a golfer himself but would bet on two flies crawling up a wall. A few years ago he decided to do a double by choosing the winners of both the PGA event and a European event which were taking place over the same 4 days.

I also remember extracting the urine out of him big time by saying that these things just don't happen. And guess what? ----------- his bet came up.

Left by mutual consent!
    Some rough weather at the Melbourne based World Cup of Golf tournament round two helped usher in a day of higher scoring compared to the first round. Some relatively unfancied pairings at the top and with the weather to remain wet going into the weekend it could easily see a pre tournament outsider win, however the England pair of Hatton and Poulter remain well in contention.

The Hong Kong tournament has seen Aaron Rai emulate last weeks Charles Howell III's runaway leader position at the halfway point. However, this is golf and we've all seen big leads overtaken, however, Aaron Rai 'if' continuing the outstanding golf he's played so far will be extremely hard to pin back.

Left by mutual consent!
    Belgium's Thomas Pieters and Thomas Detry hold a five shot lead going into the final round of the World Cup of Golf. Can't recall what price they were pre tournament, however, I suspect they weren't favourites and maybe a decent price for anyone who backed them assuming that they can hold onto what is a very decent lead to take into the final round and see it out.

Aaron Rai marginally increased his lead going into the final round by one shot and now sits six shots clear going into the Hong Kong Open final round. His problem is that Matthew Fitzpatrick, Sergio Garcia and Tommy Fleetwood are the chasing pack who're all very capable of shooting very low rounds so Aaron Rai can't afford any slip ups and I suspect a round of three under or thereabouts would suffice, however, we've all seen big leads disappear very quickly in the past. In saying that I think he'll be very happy indeed to be taking such a large lead into the final round and if he can keep his nerve should see it out.

Also great to see Catriona Matthew well in contention for the Spanish Open on the Ladies European Tour sitting two shots off the lead.
    Last edited by Tornadoes70; 24-11-2018 at 01:16 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Belgium won the World Cup of Golf relatively comfortably in the end. Pre tournament favourites Australia tied for second with Mexico. Mexico's Abraham Ancer has had a good year and regularly competes near the top end of leaderboards and I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the winners enclosure in the not that distant future.

England's Aaron Rai held off the persistent challenge from Matthew Fitzpatrick to win the Hong Kong Open for what was his maiden tour win at the age of 23.

Quote Originally Posted by Tornadoes70 View Post
    Belgium won the World Cup of Golf relatively comfortably in the end. Pre tournament favourites Australia tied for second with Mexico. Mexico's Abraham Ancer has had a good year and regularly competes near the top end of leaderboards and I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the winners enclosure in the not that distant future.

England's Aaron Rai held off the persistent challenge from Matthew Fitzpatrick to win the Hong Kong Open for what was his maiden tour win at the age of 23.
    Oh to have some young Scottish players competing regularly at the top of the leaderboards.

Oh to have some young Scottish players competing regularly at the top of the leaderboards.
    We just need to get them wearing 2 gloves.

Left by mutual consent!

Unfortunately very scarce at the moment. England on the other hand are going through a golden period of churning out top class golfers.

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    Final round of the year today and needed to get one suplimental card in for the handicap! Blowing a gale down at Dunbar but had the round of my life never mind my year. Net 63 with a quadruple on one hole so can see few a few stolew coming off this week!!

Gutted it’s happened now with my last game of the year and not mid summer where I could really kick on from it but that’s golf!! Just need to keep the clubs swinging over the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Godsahibby View Post
    Final round of the year today and needed to get one suplimental card in for the handicap! Blowing a gale down at Dunbar but had the round of my life never mind my year. Net 63 with a quadruple on one hole so can see few a few stolew coming off this week!!

Gutted it’s happened now with my last game of the year and not mid summer where I could really kick on from it but that’s golf!! Just need to keep the clubs swinging over the winter.
    Great score and I get the impression you've enjoyed your day! I'd imagine the CSS would have been quite high and the quadruple bogey will knock another couple of points of your handicap!

I'm finding Dunbar is a good test, the wind and the bunkers are the real hazards, it's not overly long which makes it enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Godsahibby View Post

Ah, read your post again. It was a supplementary score so your handicap reduction will be based on the SSS. Great score all the same.

Six games at Gullane so far in the Kiwi. 33 38 41 41 32 and 37 Points. Enjoying playing although it was bitter cold today. :

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    Great score and I get the impression you've enjoyed your day! I'd imagine the CSS would have been quite high and the quadruple bogey will knock another couple of points of your handicap!

I'm finding Dunbar is a good test, the wind and the bunkers are the real hazards, it's not overly long which makes it enjoyable.
    Yeah I’m really enjoying it down there, it is a good test and the way you play the course changes week to week.

Got cut 2.7 so down to 13 lowest I have ever been.