hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauzee16 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hendry was brilliant for Dundee. He then moved for £1m and is very young with bags of potential our Champions or down South he deserves to be in with a shout. Who would you prefer in instead apart from Lindsay?

Souttar, Hanlon, Cooper.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Good luck to Hendry but let's be honest, he's in the squad cause he's at Celtic. Ask yourself this... If Darren McGregor was still at Rangers do you think his chances of being called up would increase? Course they would. Same with Soutar at Hearts. If he was at one of the old firm he'd certainly not be in the under 21's!! It's ****ing laughable.

First Team Breakthrough
    I think the boy Stuart Findlay at Killmarnock is worth keeping an eye on.Seems a good player to me any time iv saw him.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauzee16 View Post
    He’s near the squad because he was that good the best team in the country paid over £1m for him regardless of his past teams or form before Dundee. His brilliant form for Dundee led to that move and his Scotland call up. If Hanlon or anyone else had shown enough to have £1m buds accepted or rejected at Hendrys age in fact whatever age then I’m sure they would be in contention too. There’s a reason he just went for over £1m and for that reason he’s in the squad.
    I have seen a few TV games of Dundee and live v us not once have I seen him being brilliant. He also played in a defence that has conceded a shed load this season.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Berra apparently didn’t get called up because he’s left footed, which also rules out Hanlon. Some of the selections in the squad, especially in defence, are mental and show nowt has changed. Martin and Hanley ffs!

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cannastar View Post
    I think the boy Stuart Findlay at Killmarnock is worth keeping an eye on.Seems a good player to me any time iv saw him.
    Agree looks a standout for killie is he on loan from Celtic.

Left by mutual consent!
    Hanlon being left footed doesn’t help his chances IMO.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    Hanlon being left footed doesn’t help his chances IMO.
    Many top teams have a left/right central defence partnership. Strachan actually played a defence that was 100% left footed! I read Berra was told by McLeish he wanted to give younger players a chance. Factually that's correct as Martin & the left footed Mulgrew are both 32, while Berra is 33! Usual Scottish nonsense.

Berra can blame Potter with the constant talk about him playing with a bad injury.

Testimonial Due Edinburgh Green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    I have seen a few TV games of Dundee and live v us not once have I seen him being brilliant. He also played in a defence that has conceded a shed load this season.
    I'm the same, infact I would say he's looked ropey and very rash! We should of had a penalty at dens, seconds before McGinn scored when he lunged in on Murray who had his back to goal.

Also the only reason he's had any starts at Celtic is due to their injury problems at CH