hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!

Paul Hanlon - Scotland call up?

Just seen on BBC that Kieran Tierney has been ruled out of the Scotland friendlies. McLeish mentioned in his presser that he was going to use Tierney as a CB in both games against Costa Rica and Hungary.

Paul deserves to be called up in Tierney’s place. He’s been immense for Hibs and I wouldn’t swap him for any other CB in the league.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GlasMatt PSN ID: mrxblaikiex
    Either him or McGregor, both have been strong this season and deserve a place in the squad at least.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by blaikie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Either him or McGregor, both have been strong this season and deserve a place in the squad at least.
    No chance Mcgregor will be called up, he’s been good for us this year but he’s not at international level.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sauzee View Post
    No chance Mcgregor will be called up, he’s been good for us this year but he’s not at international level.
    He's a better player than Paul, only barrier is age regarding getting a call up. I suspect Berra will be recalled.

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    He's a better player than Paul, only barrier is age regarding getting a call up. I suspect Berra will be recalled.
    Hanlon is a better centre half and better footballer than McGregor for me. I like Daz a lot, but PH is better all round.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Leith View Post
    Hanlon is a better centre half and better footballer than McGregor for me. I like Daz a lot, but PH is better all round.
    McGregor is far better centre back imo however Hanlon a better footballer when on the ball.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    Just seen on BBC that Kieran Tierney has been ruled out of the Scotland friendlies. McLeish mentioned in his presser that he was going to use Tierney as a CB in both games against Costa Rica and Hungary.

Paul deserves to be called up in Tierney’s place. He’s been immense for Hibs and I wouldn’t swap him for any other CB in the league.

@hibs.net private member
    Mikey Stewart tipping Berra or Liam Lindsay for that spot.

@hibs.net private member WellingtonHibby's Avatar
    Liam Lindsay should have been in the squad in the first place
    Kicking it in Wellington .

Prefer McGregor to Hanlon.

McGregor is a fine player but age will go against him and think he has missed his chance.
    Hanlon deserves the nod and tends to as a quiet lad get less credit and press than McGregor from Hibs fans. Has had a great season and now rightfully skipper with Gray out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Prefer McGregor to Hanlon.
    I’d agree

Berra is a better defender than Hanlon at this stage
    Hanlon is a better footballer than Berra - if that makes sense.
    Paul is a ball playing CB - the type you would pair up with a no nonsense more industrial CB like Berra

Quote Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post
    Berra is a better defender than Hanlon at this stage
    Hanlon is a better footballer than Berra - if that makes sense.
    Paul is a ball playing CB - the type you would pair up with a no nonsense more industrial CB like Berra
    Like McGregor you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    Like McGregor you mean.
    Exactly

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Jack hendry called up

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Jack hendry called up
    Because of the change of shirt. Bad call.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Jack hendry called up
    I think we can safely say that Hanlon wont be getting called up any time soon now. Nothing changes with these squads....players with potential get a move to Old Firm and are suddenly in the squad. The positive is Hanlon wont be wasting his time playing pointless games and can concentrate on the team that counts.

I feel for Paul because now is his time.

While it's great to get some young players bled into the squad they do also require some experienced guys along side them and Hanlon has plenty more football in him. I'd say he gets better with every season.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Jack Hendry before Hanlon ??? Does anyone else not rate Hendry or is it just me?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    Jack Hendry before Hanlon ??? Does anyone else not rate Hendry or is it just me?
    I’ve got no idea how good the laddie is tbh. I know he’s been picked cos he’s at Celtic and that’s all.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    I’m a big fan of McGregor but IMO he’s no where near international standard, he’s not quick enough or mobile enough, and at 32 he’s not going to be a long or even mid term solution.

Guys like, Hendry, Porteous (in the next few years), McKenna, Devin etc are the future and should be given a try in friendlies with a view to the long term.

Hanlon is still young enough to get into the squad, and should have been given a chance before now. An elegant defender, and he’s come on leaps and bounds in recent years in this area, but I still have my doubts whether he is strong enough or aggressive enough for international football.

McLeish is a yes man. Bringing in a manager before appointing a CEO imo, is criminal.

As for Hendry, I've heard he's got a great future but would he have gotten the cap in December? No chance! Delighted for the lad McKenna, but the likes of Hanlon, Lindsay and dare I say it, Souttar should be ahead of Hendry imo

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    McLeish is a yes man. Bringing in a manager before appointing a CEO imo, is criminal.

As for Hendry, I've heard he's got a great future but would he have gotten the cap in December? No chance! Delighted for the lad McKenna, but the likes of Hanlon, Lindsay and dare I say it, Souttar should be ahead of Hendry imo
    Dont get this Hanlon promotional talk , would have Porteous in front of him now.

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    Quote Originally Posted by crash View Post
    Dont get this Hanlon promotional talk , would have Porteous in front of him now.
    Really? What are you basing that on, one game?
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by crash View Post
    Are there any Hibs players you actually like?

Liam Lindsay should be in ahead of Hendry and hanlon/macgregor

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    Liam Lindsay should be in ahead of Hendry and hanlon/macgregor
    I’ve no idea how good a player he is but nobody was talking about playing for Scotland until he joined a second division (I realise it’s called the championship) English side, has he improved since he left Partick or is it a case of just because he’s playing well in England he must be better than what we’ve got to offer in our league?

Not a dig at yourself at all it just annoys me how everyone is so quick to devalue the players we have playing in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I’ve no idea how good a player he is but nobody was talking about playing for Scotland until he joined a second division (I realise it’s called the championship) English side, has he improved since he left Partick or is it a case of just because he’s playing well in England he must be better than what we’ve got to offer in our league?

Not a dig at yourself at all it just annoys me how everyone is so quick to devalue the players we have playing in this league.
    Can't say I've followed him since he's went down south, although he has been linked with "big money" moves. How much, and to who I've no idea though. I think lower end prem teams though so is clearly doing something right

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

He being getting rave reviews down south and heard quite a bit about him.