hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I did try on phone but only got so far before not letting me go any further . On laptop now so will have it up shortly
    Cheers

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I'm no lover of Rod Petrie but it seems the appointment of Doncaster is as much about self preservation as RPs opposition to it is; yet only one side is being given the treatment by the Record.

Doncaster was a total flop in his previous role yet has walked straight into another cosy job. I'd be more concerned if there weren't dissenting voices.

Precisely, who voted Doncaster on and what was their motives, as you say he was brutal in his last job and gets handed on a plate another cushy job, I'm glad Petrie has attempted to try and nip it in the bud before he was appointed.

@hibs.net private member
    It is odd that the announcement the Donkey was being appointed to the SFA, unopposed, brought the RP haters out to say how he was culpable in shoehorning Donkey in. Now it’s clear Hibs, and by association RP, oppposed it. The hatemail starts again.

There are so many good things happening at our club right now isn’t it time to let it go?

RP wanted Regan to stay on.. that says it all IMHO

SPFL clubs at war as Hibs look to block Neil Doncaster's SFA appointment

Only four clubs backed the rebellion and SPFL chairman Murdoch MacLennan sent clubs an email revealing the bid to stop Doncaster voting.

• 82SHARES

ByGordon Waddell

• 06:00, 18 MAR 2018
    • UPDATED10:47, 18 MAR 2018

SPORT

Play
    Mute

Loaded: 0%

Progress: 0%

Remaining Time-0:15
    FullscreenVideo will play in 0.15

WATCH NEXTVideo: Keith Jackson and David McCarthy on Barry Hearn, the SPFL and SFA, Rangers, Motherwell, St Mirren and Celtic

STEWART GILMOUR SLAMS NEIL DONCASTER

• 82SHARES

Get Sport updates directly to your inbox+ Subscribe
    Angry SPFL chiefs have exposed a desperate plot to change the balance of power in the ongoing war between the SFA and the league.
    ADVERTISING

[COLOR=#AAAAAA !important][COLOR=#79BBE9 !important]inRead
    And it’s understood Rod Petrie’s Hibs were the club behind the bid to subvert board changes at the top of the game.

A day of back-door dealing was sparked by Partick 
Thistle’s Ian Maxwell 
resigning his spot on the main SFA board to pursue his bid to replace flop Stewart Regan as CEO. 
The SPFL eventually put 
forward chief executive Neil 
Doncaster to replace Maxwell.
    But MailSport has obtained an email sent by Murdoch MacLennan, the SPFL 
chairman, to members revealing a clandestine bid to stop Doncaster even being allowed to vote.

SPFL Chief Executive Neil Doncaster arrives at Pittodrie (Image: SNS)READ MORE

It’s believed the rebellion ended up with only four 
signatories, despite attempts by Hibs to whip up support from Premiership clubs.
    The Easter Road club – 
who wanted Petrie’s ally, 
Aberdeen’s Duncan Fraser, promoted from the 
Professional Game Board instead of Doncaster – were supported by the Dons, Ross County and Kilmarnock.

Rod Petrie in the standsSFA vice president Petrie stood to be the biggest 
beneficiary of that scenario, having lost his power base alongside president Alan McRae with his failed bid to keep Regan in a job and their disastrous management of the recruitment process to replace Gordon Strachan.

The Hibs chief is due to inherit the top job in a year’s time but fears being neutered by the power shift at the top.
    With a host of the SFA’s sponsorships and commercial deals lapsed, and no TV deal in place for the Scottish Cup next season, the clubs want major change at Hampden.

SFA President Alan McRae is in attendance tonightREAD MORE

Despite a flurry of calls and emails, though, the SPFL quelled what little uprising there was and voted to use Doncaster as their placeman, a move which will continue to limit the influence of the longest-serving blazers.

MacLennan’s email to all 42 SPFL members said: “I am writing to let you know that following Ian Maxwell’s 
resignation, Neil Doncaster was today elected unopposed from the PGB to SFA Board.
    “I was surprised that before the PGB meeting, I received a number of emails from clubs calling for Neil to be instructed by the Board not to vote at the PGB meeting on the issue of who would replace Ian Maxwell.
    “The Board unanimously rejected the proposal. The Board were clear the rules should be complied with.”

[/COLOR]

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IWasThere2016 View Post
    RP wanted Regan to stay on.. that says it all IMHO
    Add that to tha calamitous period he oversaw at hibs, and it shows him up as a man not equipped to be the main man at the SFA. I also have very little confidence that whoever does end up in the job will be any better.

United we stand here....

We have made great progress despite Petrie not because of him.

Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    It is odd that the announcement the Donkey was being appointed to the SFA, unopposed, brought the RP haters out to say how he was culpable in shoehorning Donkey in. Now it’s clear Hibs, and by association RP, oppposed it. The hatemail starts again.

There are so many good things happening at our club right now isn’t it time to let it go?
    I don’t think I was involved in that discussion but I am definitely surprised by today’s news as Doncaster and Petrie were previously close.
    And although I don’t think Rod is the correct person for the job, does not mean I’m endorsing anyone else, least of all Neil Doncaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    I'm no lover of Rod Petrie but it seems the appointment of Doncaster is as much about self preservation as RPs opposition to it is; yet only one side is being given the treatment by the Record.

Doncaster was a total flop in his previous role yet has walked straight into another cosy job. I'd be more concerned if there weren't dissenting voices.
    Exactly PB. Petrie should have left Hibs a while back. He didn’t and at least he’ll fight Hibs’ corner in the corridors of power. The Daily Record is anti-Hibs and pro-OF as proven by its post-2016 final coverage. A root and branch reform of Scottish football is needed, not Doncaster and his allies in charge.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar

Unfortunately, Donkey is still encumbant in his 'previous' role. He's now wearing 2 hats... Neither of them magic

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    Exactly PB. Petrie should have left Hibs a while back. He didn’t and at least he’ll fight Hibs’ corner in the corridors of power. The Daily Record is anti-Hibs and pro-OF as proven by its post-2016 final coverage. A root and branch reform of Scottish football is needed, not Doncaster and his allies in charge.
    How did he fight Hibs corner, the club did nothing about the lies printed in that rag, and still haven’t

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Precisely, who voted Doncaster on and what was their motives, as you say he was brutal in his last job and gets handed on a plate another cushy job, I'm glad Petrie has attempted to try and nip it in the bud before he was appointed.
    Pretty sure they don't get paid in those roles.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Pretty sure they don't get paid in those roles.

How does Rod pay the bills doing all this unpaid work.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Is it work though? Not seeing any sort of end product if it is.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    So he's opposed to the disaster that is Donkeycaster...does that make him a bad person?

Great judgement from Petrie, proves he’s on the right side.

On the other hand, he apparently tried to keep Regan in his job - bad Petrie!

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    He's involved in a few of STF's companies. Presumably he is paid from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe6-2 View Post
    How did he fight Hibs corner, the club did nothing about the lies printed in that rag, and still haven’t
    Spot on, or any other matter regarding Hibs.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    When folk say that Petrie wants the top job, what are they meaning there?

Chief Exec of the SFA is surely the top job but I’ve never once heard of him being linked to it.

Nor Chief Exec of the SPFL.

So that leaves President of the SFA. A largely symbolic position with little to do with the day to day running of them game.

Without google, could anyone name any of the previous Presidents over the last 20 years or so? I bet not. Everyone remembers Ernie Walker and Jim Farry though.

Once the clubs fully get their hooks into the SFA the decline of Scottish football will accelerate.In my opinion one of the few success stories has been the international youth teams with players in the main coached by the SFA coaches in the proper way to tackle European football.As these players get older they disappear into the clubs who are totally ruled by short terminism and bring in foreign journeymen rather than bring through these Scots lads.How many young players have Celtic developed in the last ten years despite having more assets than the rest of the clubs in total?I would say two.And this man Lawell wants to run Scottish football.Jeezo.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    Spot on, or any other matter regarding Hibs.
    Of course, you both know for sure that Petrie has never fought Hibs corner on anything?

Must be great to have such absolute certainty about things

[QUOTE=green day;5347731]Of course, you both know for sure that Petrie has never fought Hibs corner on anything?]

If he did (especially the cup final) I never saw or heard anything, plus the fairly obvious bad refereeing we have had against the team and NL, I thought that would merit a comment.

[QUOTE=HIBERNIAN-0762;5347739]
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Of course, you both know for sure that Petrie has never fought Hibs corner on anything?]

If he did (especially the cup final) I never saw or heard anything, plus the fairly obvious bad refereeing we have had against the team and NL, I thought that would merit a comment.
    Would that have to be played out in the public arena?

In any event, it wouldn't be his responsibility.

In the aftermath of the cup final the club concentrated on minimising any punishment from the SFA. He started deflecting before we'd even left the ground with his "over exuberance" comment.

Just because they haven't lashed out at the Daily Record, or some BBC pundits, doesn't mean nothing was done.
    Last edited by Mikey; 18-03-2018 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    The really sad thing about this "debate" is that folk cant see past there own prejudices and that instantly decides their standpoint without any objective analysis of the situation, if its suits their views about certain individuals.

And we wonder why Scottish Football governance is in the state it is?

Scottish Football must be one of the most parochial and petty biased sporting systems in the world.

We are all guilty, I instantly think that because one of the OF is mumping about it, that it must be a good think for everyone else.

I used to think that women were more guilty of harbouring deep seated grudges that they should have let go years ago, but the anti Petrie venom is something special.

I hold no great love for the man and there is no doubt whatsoever that there have been a lot of mistakes made, but I don't for a second harbour anY thought that they were made with ill intent.

Point me to a football club in the world where similar mistakes have not been made.

Therefore my view is that he maybe wasn't up to the job he was given, if that's the case and he fulfilled it to the best of his abilities, which I believe he did, then the problem's not his but the folk that recruited him.

What I find really distasteful about any Petrie thread and this thread encapsulates it perfectly is that any attempt to debate the opposite viewpoint is instantly dismissed and the posters involved belittled / ridiculed.

If your standpoint is that Petrie is a **** and the troubles that have befallen Hibs over his tenure are all down to him and him alone, that's fair enough its your view, not one that I agree with entirely but your view to which you are entitled.

If you cant debate the issue properly then maybe best to leave it at that?

I have seen folk on this thread and many anti Petrie threads basically coming out and saying the guy is a ****, that's it.

When other's disagree they are asked to provide umpteen reasons why he isn't against the one assertion that he is.

Poor stuff IMO

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    The really sad thing about this "debate" is that folk cant see past there own prejudices and that instantly decides their standpoint without any objective analysis of the situation, if its suits their views about certain individuals.

And we wonder why Scottish Football governance is in the state it is?

Scottish Football must be one of the most parochial and petty biased sporting systems in the world.

We are all guilty, I instantly think that because one of the OF is mumping about it, that it must be a good think for everyone else.

I used to think that women were more guilty of harbouring deep seated grudges that they should have let go years ago, but the anti Petrie venom is something special.

I hold no great love for the man and there is no doubt whatsoever that there have been a lot of mistakes made, but I don't for a second harbour anY thought that they were made with ill intent.

Point me to a football club in the world where similar mistakes have not been made.

Therefore my view is that he maybe wasn't up to the job he was given, if that's the case and he fulfilled it to the best of his abilities, which I believe he did, then the problem's not his but the folk that recruited him.

What I find really distasteful about any Petrie thread and this thread encapsulates it perfectly is that any attempt to debate the opposite viewpoint is instantly dismissed and the posters involved belittled / ridiculed.

If your standpoint is that Petrie is a **** and the troubles that have befallen Hibs over his tenure are all down to him and him alone, that's fair enough its your view, not one that I agree with entirely but your view to which you are entitled.

If you cant debate the issue properly then maybe best to leave it at that?

I have seen folk on this thread and many anti Petrie threads basically coming out and saying the guy is a ****, that's it.

When other's disagree they are asked to provide umpteen reasons why he isn't against the one assertion that he is.

Poor stuff IMO
    Great post.

MacLennan’s email to all 42 SPFL members said: “I am writing to let you know that following Ian Maxwell’s resignation, Neil Doncaster was today elected unopposed from the PGB to SFA Board.
    “I was surprised that before the PGB meeting, I received a number of emails from clubs calling for Neil to be instructed by the Board not to vote at the PGB meeting on the issue of who would replace Ian Maxwell.
    “The Board unanimously rejected the proposal. The Board were clear the rules should be complied with.”
    So Doncaster voted at the PGB meeting for himself to be elected to the the SFA Board. Isn't that a conflict of interest?

Looks like all Petrie did was question whether that was appropriate. If Doncaster was elected unopposed then Petrie clearly didn't have an alternative candidate for election, which means that this is the Daily Ranger attempting to smear Petrie.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.