hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Charity thief?

Charity thief?

"Somewhere among us is the lowest of the low........to steal from a fellow Hearts Supporter at a Hearts Function is despicable.

After attending the Willie Bauld Dinner last night I went to collect my jacket from the cloakroom, only to find it had already been taken.

They not only managed to obtain my Hearts Jacket from the cloakroom without a ticket, they would have known from the contents it was not their's

They then threw my house keys onto the pavement in Gorgie Road after checking the other contents in the Jacket.

My scarf has a collection of nearly 60 badges, some 30 years old including my 500 Club, many irreplaceable.

I was then left to get home in the snow without a warm jacket.

So whoever you are, you should be ashamed of yourself.... "

Sixty badges on a scarf?? He's no really bothered about his jacket. Just the scarf!

But then the usual it wisnae one of us nonsense

"Poor show on all accounts, but as you do not know the thief, we cannot say it was a fellow Hearts man"

"Could have been a drunken mistake. I’ve woken up after weddings with the wrong jacket before..."

Nae luck
    Last edited by Sioux; 18-03-2018 at 08:40 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Is this what we're reduced to? Laughing at someone who's had their things stolen due to who they support?

Not Hibs class for me.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Ill be honest I don’t find it the slightest bit funny, the person in question has had his scarf stolen with badges that are irreplaceable. It doesn’t matter what team he support it’s a dispicable act I wouldn’t like it to happen to me.

And you can call me yam all yous want. Theft is wrong regardless of the situation.

I've recently bought a new Hibs jacket from the club shop.

I'd be happy to reach out to a fellow football fan who's been aggrieved and give him my old Hibs jacket!
    Space to let

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    I feel gutted for the guy, he is obviously a loyal supporter of his team and has had a scarf and badges nicked that will hold many special memories for him. I fail to see how that is funny, or worth gloating about. Let’s not pretend that there aren’t a few Hibs fans that would lift a wallet given half a chance.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    That isn't funny. I'd be gutted if I had a scarf of that level of sentimental value stolen. Hope he gets it back.

Not funny just sad that some find it funny

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Hope he gets his scarf back.

Lowest of the low and not a laughing matter imo.

There's people like this across the spectrum, remember the strips getting stolen from ER at the open day for example. I hope the guy gets his scarf and badges back.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

One of my mates got his tartan hibs scarf nicked at a game. His Leather jacket was still on his seat though, bizarre
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Left by mutual consent!
    That’s ****my as anything

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Horrendous thread op. If that was one of us we would feel the same. Stealing is the lowest of the low, never mind taking from one of your own. I hope the guy gets his scarf and all his badges back. Its probably taken years and quite a few ££'s for him to collect them all and not to mention the memories and sentimental value the these things hold.

Nobody deserves to be robbed, hope the thief is caught and punished.

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    I know I'd be raging if it happened to me, poor bloke, definitely not to be laughed at even if they are our rivals and I do genuinely hope the guy gets his things back

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Horrendous thread op. If that was one of us we would feel the same. Stealing is the lowest of the low, never mind taking from one of your own. I hope the guy gets his scarf and all his badges back. Its probably taken years and quite a few ££'s for him to collect them all and not to mention the memories and sentimental value the these things hold.

Nobody deserves to be robbed, hope the thief is caught and punished.
    Correct
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

First Team Regular leithsansiro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
    "Somewhere among us is the lowest of the low........to steal from a fellow Hearts Supporter at a Hearts Function is despicable.

After attending the Willie Bauld Dinner last night I went to collect my jacket from the cloakroom, only to find it had already been taken.

They not only managed to obtain my Hearts Jacket from the cloakroom without a ticket, they would have known from the contents it was not their's

They then threw my house keys onto the pavement in Gorgie Road after checking the other contents in the Jacket.

My scarf has a collection of nearly 60 badges, some 30 years old including my 500 Club, many irreplaceable.

I was then left to get home in the snow without a warm jacket.

Sixty badges on a scarf?? He's no really bothered about his jacket. Just the scarf!

But then the usual it wisnae one of us nonsense

"Poor show on all accounts, but as you do not know the thief, we cannot say it was a fellow Hearts man"

"Could have been a drunken mistake. I’ve woken up after weddings with the wrong jacket before..."

Nae luck

Maybe I'm reading the OP wrong, but are you having a go at the guy who's had his jacket and scarf nicked, or the lack of sympathy from his fellow supporters. If it's the second, then fair enough. But if you're scoring points because a Hearts supporter was the victim of a theft, you need to be having a word with yourself.

And yeah, sixty badges on a scarf. If I'd spent the years collecting sixty Hibs badges, I'd be raging if someone nicked them.

No need. End of.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    OP wouldn’t have expected the thread to go this way

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Not really funny TBH. On an individual fan basis I feel for this one. Hope they find the **** responsible.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    OP wouldn’t have expected the thread to go this way
    I think it was the irony he was getting at

Embarrassing thread. Delete

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    That isn't funny. I'd be gutted if I had a scarf of that level of sentimental value stolen. Hope he gets it back.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    A scarf with huge sentimental value and 30 years of badges which show his dedication as a fan nicked, by one of their own no less. That’s a disgrace and a real shame. Stealing is a coward’s game, the lowest of the low, as he said. It’s a horrible feeling to have stuff you value stolen from you. I hope he gets them back.

The guy will be even more gutted if he knows he’s getting sympathy from the vermin!!

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Green Goblin View Post
    A scarf with huge sentimental value and 30 years of badges which show his dedication as a fan nicked, by one of their own no less. That’s a disgrace and a real shame. Stealing is a coward’s game, the lowest of the low, as he said. It’s a horrible feeling to have stuff you value stolen from you. I hope he gets them back.

. Spot on. I've got a scarf from the late 80's/early 90's, if I lost it or had it nicked I'd be gutted!

Left by mutual consent!
    Lol.

Charity thief?
    "Somewhere among us is the lowest of the low........to steal a Crocodile Dundee DVD from a fellow Hearts Supporter at a Hearts Function is despicable.

After attending the Willie Bauld Dinner last night I went to collect my jacket from the cloakroom, only to find my Crocodile Dundee DVD had already been taken.

They not only managed to obtain my Crocodile Dundee DVD from my Hearts Jacket from the cloakroom without a ticket, they would have known from the contents it was not their's

They then threw my Crocodile Dundee DVD onto the pavement in Gorgie Road after checking the other contents in the Jacket.

My Crocodile Dundee DVD has a collection of nearly 60 Mick Dundee stickers inside it, some 30 years old including my "That's not a knife....THIS is a knife" irreplaceable.

I was then left to get home in the snow without my Crocodile Dundee DVD

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    What a horrible thread. Poking fun at someone who has been the victim of theft purely because they support another team. There is no such thing as compassion with today’s society. Sad.

Not Hibs class.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Delete this thread before we find out more disappointing things about people we previously respected.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe6-2 View Post
    I think it was the irony he was getting at
    Nah he was trying to get a laugh at the lads misfortune. Don’t kid yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    Hope he gets his scarf back.
    Yup. And breaks the thiefs fingers.