hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member

Saturday night football

I see Manchester United v Brighton is a 1945 KO tonight. Surely it’s time for fans to stand up to the TV companies like they are doing in Germany with regards to Monday night football. I’m not a fan of Friday night games but that’s a dam sight better than a Saturday night. It appears TV Executives rule the roost and fans are just an afterthought.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I see Manchester United v Brighton is a 1945 KO tonight. Surely it’s time for fans to stand up to the TV companies like they are doing in Germany with regards to Monday night football. I’m not a fan of Friday night games but that’s a dam sight better than a Saturday night. It appears TV Executives rule the roost and fans are just an afterthought.
    Is Saturday night really that bad? Probably on my own but I think any night game is far better than a lunchtime game, a day out with boys, coupons and pints, then off to watch the cabbage at night.

Also I don’t think England are in a position to complain when you look at the billions they rake in from the TV companies.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    Is Saturday night really that bad? Probably on my own but I think any night game is far better than a lunchtime game, a day out with boys, coupons and pints, then off to watch the cabbage at night.

Also I don’t think England are in a position to complain when you look at the billions they rake in from the TV companies.
    Personally I’d chuck my ST if it was to become the norm. Lunchtime is a pain but Saturday night for me is wrong, I like a Saturday night out with my friends and family. Image the away support at County or Aberdeen

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    I'd prefer a Saturday night game than Saturday afternoon.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    I'd prefer a Saturday night game than Saturday afternoon.
    Home game, yeah. I can see how it might be hassle for away fans travelling bigger distances though.

Generally though, I don't think Saturday night is that bad at all. I love Friday night games when we win (last week) and then leaves you to make other plans and enjoy the other scores coming in all weekend.
    Mon the Hibs.