hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I feel I must report you for being sexist. It’s not the language I’d expect from a Hibs convenor. 😂
    I apologise, but it's only Rooney
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    I've had warnings for things like bypassing the swear filter, for which others don't seem to get pulled for.
    How would you know?

I never knew you’d had warnings!

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    How would you know?

I never knew you’d had warnings!

Because the original post were not edited like mine.

I've even got a reminder of my infractions underneath my post count

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Clique? You want the truth?

You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a message board that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by admin pricks. Who's gonna do it? You? Cropley? Pretty Boy has a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Nae Nookie and you curse the Beefster. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what he knows, that Hibbyradge's postings, while tragic, probably saved lives. And an admin prick's existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives! You don't want the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about at away games, you want admin pricks on that wall. You need admin pricks on that wall. We use words like "Yam", "reported", "LTYF". We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a long series of posts on the Calendar Signing thread. I have neither the competence nor the grammatical capacity to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that admin pricks provide, and then questions the manner in which they provide it! I would rather you just said "deary me", and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a keyboard, and stand a post. Either way, I don't have a clue what TDD is all about!

You ask did the clique order the mutal consenting of hibs0666?

You're goddamn right they did.

So, so good.

Because the original post were not edited like mine.

I've even got a reminder of my infractions underneath my post count
    10,000? You are walking the line gadgie
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    10,000? You are walking the line gadgie

The itchy space bar fingers are just waiting for me to step out of line so I can be Scotland Yard!

You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a message board that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by admin pricks. Who's gonna do it? You? Cropley? Pretty Boy has a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Nae Nookie and you curse the Beefster. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what he knows, that Hibbyradge's postings, while tragic, probably saved lives. And an admin prick's existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives! You don't want the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about at away games, you want admin pricks on that wall. You need admin pricks on that wall. We use words like "Yam", "reported", "LTYF". We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a long series of posts on the Calendar Signing thread. I have neither the competence nor the grammatical capacity to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that admin pricks provide, and then questions the manner in which they provide it! I would rather you just said "deary me", and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a keyboard, and stand a post. Either way, I don't have a clue what TDD is all about!

There's mounting evidence that you model yourself on the Nicholson character. Jacks, not Sams.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    So, have we come to a conclusion, yet?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Some of us have - those that know, know.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Aye, aye.

Clique folk ken.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Nudge nudge wink wink

I got banned and also called a yam and had my username turned pink for criticising Petrie so I would advise caution if going down that route.
    Apart from that the board is run fairly well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Enjoyed reading this thread. I'm more convinced than ever that there's not a clique so I'm thinking we should set one up. How do we do it and where should the headquarters be?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    I thought we now define ourselves as Freedom loving ScotNats with open, Euro-Friendly principles... or as no-nonsense, salt-of-the-earth Unionists with our feet firmly on the ground.

Anyway, my general view has always been that any club that would allow the likes of me to be a member is not one that I would lower myself to ever join..
    Does that make you a Grouchy Marxist?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Enjoyed reading this thread. I'm more convinced than ever that there's not a clique so I'm thinking we should set one up. How do we do it and where should the headquarters be?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
    If you were in the clique, then you'd already know the answers.

Me? I'm completely clueless about it.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    There's mounting evidence that you model yourself on the Nicholson character. Jacks, not Sams.
    I know, right?

Some of us have great posts, entertaining posts that take place on .net, with quotes, and apostrophes, and Yam references. Just no one in this thread. But, a lot of posters, that's their thing; good banter, Yam references. What makes it so enjoyable is not that there's a clique, but that so many posters are pi55ed that so many others may be in that clique.

@hibs.net private member Green_one's Avatar

You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a message board that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by admin pricks. Who's gonna do it? You? Cropley? Pretty Boy has a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Nae Nookie and you curse the Beefster. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what he knows, that Hibbyradge's postings, while tragic, probably saved lives. And an admin prick's existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives! You don't want the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about at away games, you want admin pricks on that wall. You need admin pricks on that wall. We use words like "Yam", "reported", "LTYF". We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a long series of posts on the Calendar Signing thread. I have neither the competence nor the grammatical capacity to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that admin pricks provide, and then questions the manner in which they provide it! I would rather you just said "deary me", and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a keyboard, and stand a post. Either way, I don't have a clue what TDD is all.
    Brilliant laughed out loud. Especially the bit about Hibbyradge ( apologies HR). Though as the member of a very exclusive clique of one I can afford to laugh. PS - you are ALL barred.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_one View Post
    Brilliant laughed out loud. Especially the bit about Hibbyradge ( apologies HR). Though as the member of a very exclusive clique of one I can afford to laugh. PS - you are ALL barred.
    You're on the list...

Gamer IDs

Get a life, FFS.
    Nae need.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    I think in the past there was a clique and maybe there still is. There is still, imo posters who get more leniency shown to them than others. I've had warnings for things like bypassing the swear filter, for which others don't seem to get pulled for.
    Awe just F@#☆off will ya!

There are known cliques. These are cliques where we know they are cliques. There are known unknown cliques. That is to say, there are cliques that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown cliques. There are also cliques we don't know of that we don't know. Simple really.

Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    We all knew it, just didn't feel the need to point it out.

I'm hoping this is a start of a long-running series.

If we're keeping it on a war theme, I'd like you to recast Richard Burton's fireplace scene in 'Where Eagles Dare'.

If you're going more general, how about a .net take on 'Mr Smith Goes to Washington'
    He was bleating on about the lack of recognition for his artistry on the match day thread, so I thought I'd humour him. Do I now get points deducted

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    I got banned and also called a yam and had my username turned pink for criticising Petrie so I would advise caution if going down that route.
    Apart from that the board is run fairly well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In fairness C, I thought you were a Yammish troll until I realised it was you

It’s amazing how differently you interpret posts when you know the poster is a lifelong fan.

You should lay off Petrie though
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    He was bleating on about the lack of recognition for his artistry on the match day thread, so I thought I'd humour him. Do I now get points deducted
    Best to keep humouring him. He has the temperament of a prima donna and will have a massive hissy fit if he feels we are patronising him. Best not to let him see this
    Last edited by Mibbes Aye; 18-03-2018 at 04:28 PM.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Nae need.
    ODS, ODS. What have I ever done to make you treat me so disrespectfully? If you'd come to me in friendship, then those posters who mocked your grammar and spelling would be suffering this very day. And if by chance a barely literate man like yourself should make enemies, then they would become my enemies. And then they would fear you.

Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    Wouldn't know about whether their opinions are respected or not due to the fact they are longstanding members, certainly however their is a group of "long serving" members who are recognised because they have chats between themselves in just about every thread.
    This thread included.

Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    This thread included.
    I'm not sure if that's a criticism, but there's nothing stopping people from chatting to whomever they choose.

It's just conversation, usually rubbish right enough, but it's not a clique.

I'm not sure if that's a criticism, but there's nothing stopping people from chatting to whomever they choose.

I just think personally it's easier for certain poster's to engage in conversation on this forum than what it is for others.

@hibs.net private member Dan Sarf's Avatar

Whom? Meem?

Gamer IDs

ODS, ODS. What have I ever done to make you treat me so disrespectfully? If you'd come to me in friendship, then those posters who mocked your grammar and spelling would be suffering this very day. And if by chance a barely literate man like yourself should make enemies, then they would become my enemies. And then they would fear you.
    I don't like infractions, Hibbyradge. I'm a poster. Left by mutual consent is a big expense.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Sarf View Post
    Whom? Meem?
    Bugger. I need to check it out now.

Isn't whomever correct in that sentence?

PS I don't know what meem means.